Roys FC (sweet FA) Roys (Gorillas) FC - Season 12 - General Thread - Start Here If New

Remove this Banner Ad

As a new season thinks about approaching, this thread is a clean one to replace the general thread IMS had for last season.

You are reading a thread in the Fitzroy FC > Fantasy Footy subforum. The Roys FC, our flagship team, containing forum users and playing against other folks around Bigfooty, competes in the Sweet FA, which thread can be found below.

Arena Of Play :
Sweet FA Forum : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

What's It All About? :
The Sweet FA is a randomized simulated aussie rules footy league. We provide a team full of names, and a Simulation Program called Qooty runs matches based on random numbers.

After a match is complete, a running text commentary is posted on the Sweet FA league forum, where we and our adversaries can read it and create discussion based on the events and results of the match.

The fun comes with the slanging and hijinx that accompanies the discussion.

Important Links :
History of The Roys FFC in match results
Useless facts about the club
Roys FFC on Facebook

Our Brand :
Badge
gorillaslogo.jpg

Guernsey (Standard)
smalloriggroys.gif

Guernsey (Clash)
smalloriggroysalternate.png

Primary Sponsor

The Industrial Revolutionaries! (picture is clickable)

Player List :
See below.

I'll edit in more details as time allows.

Team List Management - Season 12

Player List :
1. Fred
2. Stocka
3. ItsMyShow
4. The Lions Den
5. (new) Maroon Goon
6. (return) Tim The Toolman
7. (return) Kooka
8. (return) killer
9. Roylion
10. (new) Duritz
11. don vito of fitzroy
13. Reardo 44
14. (new) Secular Bicep
17. Fat Pizza
19. (new) Lionsman
20. (new) sblack
22. Mobbenfuhrer (c)
27. FattyLumpkin
29. flea29
32. Mr Ripper
33. Wonaeamirri33
35. (new) 3KZ is Football
42. Carn The Roys!
44. Royboy2
50. JakeThePeg
58. Roy FitzLion

Delisted : PaulD, Wild Kangaroo, dannitori, Slax, junctionoval, Spazzallo, Bobby Beecroft

I want to be a Roy. I have impeccable credentials, because I was born a Fitzroy supporter and have been a Brisbane Lion since the merge, and I am good at sledging and general malaise. Mostly my work is on the Bay.

As proof of my good sledging work, I have a life ban from the Carlton board.

Here's my application -

Name: Duritz
Position 1: Wing
Preferred Position 2: Ruckrover
Preferred Position 3: forward pocket
Number: 10 or 8 or 4 or 11, in that order
Height: 180cm
Weight: 85kgs
Preferred Team: The Roys

I want to be a Roy. I have impeccable credentials, because I was born a Fitzroy supporter and have been a Brisbane Lion since the merge, and I am good at sledging and general malaise. Mostly my work is on the Bay.

As proof of my good sledging work, I have a life ban from the Carlton board.

Here's my application -

Name: Duritz
Position 1: Wing
Preferred Position 2: Ruckrover
Preferred Position 3: forward pocket
Number: 10 or 8 or 4 or 11, in that order
Height: 180cm
Weight: 85kgs
Preferred Team: The Roys
**** this excites me. Duritz is the piece of the puzzle we were missing last season. He is, if you will, the missing link.:thumbsu:

Life ban from the Carlton Board... I'm impressed.
Do yourself a favour and check out his work in Bay 13. As you know CtR I'm not one to be impressed easily, but the work of Duritz, Axel and The Brown Dog (Mod) is exceptional. I sneak in every now and then like a mangy dog and latch on to an ankle or two but I have yet to raise any eyebrows, I'm a minnow in the ocean. That may be confusing seeing as how I just referred to myself as a mangy dog and now I'm calling myself a minnow but you know where I'm coming from. Duritz trolling of the Bulldog supporters last week was first class. There are sh!tloads of Carlton flogs over there that have absolutely no grasp on reality.:thumbsu:

Re: Team List Cleansing

Hang on a minute, we had eight players that played every game and didn't contribute even once? What's happening, are we using Richmond's playbook?:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a personal note the down side of Duritz signing is that I slide down the totem pole of popularity a notch. No doubt I will be discarded as you all rush to be mates with the new kid. That's cool, I don't mind taking one for the team, I'll even forfeit my #10 guernsey to Duritz seeing as it is his first preference, in it's place I shall don the #13, let's hope it's an omen.

Reardo.:thumbsu:

Roys wish to accpet the application of Duritz and I have posted said recruitment activity on the relevant thread in the Fantasy forum.
Ruour going around your spelling is shitehouse.

i will endeavour to make my presence felt on a regular basis next season, yep guilty as charged lol :eek:
I knew you were around LD, I've seen your witty contributions on different boards. You are kind of like our version of Austin Powers, superspy.:thumbsu:

Yeah some of them appeared in praccies before the season, then disappeared.

Its hard to get a full contingent at a match, any team will tell you that. But 1 4of 26 players not making a single H&A appearance? That's pretty pathetic.

I think to an extent this issue can be explained by the fact that a lot of our playing list spend most of their time on the Brisbane Lions board rather than the Fitzroy board thereby perhaps missing a lot of the announcements and the like that are posted here.
Perhaps the signing of Duritz and posting reminders in the 'Den' section of the Brisbane Lions board can address these issues.

As a last note I think I'm thinking too deeply about the issues affecting a fantasy club...:D:footy:

I think to an extent this issue can be explained by the fact that a lot of our playing list spend most of their time on the Brisbane Lions board rather than the Fitzroy board thereby perhaps missing a lot of the announcements and the like that are posted here.
Perhaps the signing of Duritz and posting reminders in the 'Den' section of the Brisbane Lions board can address these issues.

As a last note I think I'm thinking too deeply about the issues affecting a fantasy club...:D:footy:
What the **** do you mean by fantasy?

On a personal note the down side of Duritz signing is that I slide down the totem pole of popularity a notch. No doubt I will be discarded as you all rush to be mates with the new kid. That's cool, I don't mind taking one for the team, I'll even forfeit my #10 guernsey to Duritz seeing as it is his first preference, in it's place I shall don the #13, let's hope it's an omen.

Reardo.:thumbsu:
Who are you again?

Well IMS had the best idea last season. Create one thread with the match threads and stats etc. This means you only need to find it once, and post once on it, and it'll be added to your subscribed threads list. Voila, no need to come and refresh the board daily, you'll get a heads-up whenever there's some action!

So I'll be scrapping that rule and going back to the one that got us folded a few seasons back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back