brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
A month later than originally anticipated, and in a different state, but we finally get to meet Collingwood this season.

This will be the 3rd time in 5 seasons we've played Collingwood in the final round of the season, with a 1-1 record.

Both clubs are playing for a coveted top 2 spot, and an Easter weekend off. Who will get the win?

Well Forth played today in the SANFLW so she was dropped, Munyard and Cox didn’t play in the SANFLW so one or both of them could be named.

Montana McKinnon again not selected so decided to have 25 disposals and 9 marks in South’s draw with North last night. Don’t know what more she can do to be honest.

Well Forth played today in the SANFLW so she was dropped, Munyard and Cox didn’t play in the SANFLW so one or both of them could be named.

Montana McKinnon again not selected so decided to have 25 disposals and 9 marks in South’s draw with North last night. Don’t know what more she can do to be honest.
Cox named for her first game of the year.

Munyard & Biddell looking like being kept out of all football this weekend as emergencies isn’t ideal.

Don't even need a few goals, a few points will easily do it.

Depending on the scoring even 1 point could do it. For example 45 to 44 gets us top spot.
Unfortunately not, we would end up behind Brisbane on percentage.

I did some quick sums in the main thread to see what we need to win by in various scenarios but haven't double checked them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just took an arbitrary number of taking Adelaide and Collingwood's average scores for the season, which would see Adelaide win 51 to 43

This score line would drop our percentage to 194.1% and have us 0.9% behind Brisbane and 2nd spot on the ladder

an extra 2 points to get to a 10 point win at that score, 53 to 43, will get us exactly 195% and equal exactly with Brisbane's percentage

Basically we can afford to give Collingwood 6 or 7 goals with a ten point win to grab top spot

Here is the current ladder prior to today's match:
1. Collingwood 7W 217.0 %
2. Brisbane 7W 195.0%
3. Melbourne 7W 130.4%
4. Crows 6W 210.7%
5. Freo 6W 185.1%

I did some number crunching and here is the scenario for us to jump ahead of the pack and land top 1 or 2:
- we beat Pies by at least a goal margin to get top 2.
- we beat Pies by at least a 2-goal margin to get top 1, pending the total score. If we score above 60, we need to win by at least 3 goals.

I just took an arbitrary number of taking Adelaide and Collingwood's average scores for the season, which would see Adelaide win 51 to 43

This score line would drop our percentage to 194.1% and have us 0.9% behind Brisbane and 2nd spot on the ladder

an extra 2 points to get to a 10 point win at that score, 53 to 43, will get us exactly 195% and equal exactly with Brisbane's percentage

Basically we can afford to give Collingwood 6 or 7 goals with a ten point win to grab top spot

Presumably it's alphabetical if % is exactly even.

The women have a history of winning them. See 2017 round 7 against Collingwood, 2017 GF, 2019 against both Freo and North, etc.

And that's why our women's team has won two flags while our men haven't in over 20 years.

I am confident we win this one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back