Preview Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 4 May, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: King, Collard, Hayes, Webster
Out: Caminiti (omitted), Higgins (suspended), Howard (omitted), Bonner (omitted)

Webster Cordy Wilkie
Sinclair Battle Milera
Hill Ross Wilson
Garcia King Membrey
Owens Hayes Collard
Marshall Steele Windhager

Stocker Sharman Byrnes Hastie

Sub: Phillipou

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Damn I was so close with my INs, didn’t realise Wood was available.

Hastie also confirmed not to be the sub, so it will probably be one of Garcia, Stocker and Byrnes.

"Angus Hastie will also play his first full game for the club after serving as substitute in his three matches to-date, again piecing together an influential performance in the VFL after playing a quarter for St Kilda the previous evening."
I'd personally like it to be Bonner

King Wood Hayes Webster would be some elite ins this week. Then Dow and maybe Clark and Henry next week which would almost bring us to B23

In: King, Wood, Hayes, Webster
Out: Sharman, Cordy, Caminiti, Higgins

Wtf my man’s psychic.

You guys were right about Caminiti. I did not see that coming at all. I was wrong.

First time under Lyons tenure i strongly disagree with the selections.

Howard surviving while Cordy is omitted and Hugo likely to start sub. Would have also been a great week to give Shoenmaker or Hastie a full game.

I smell a desperate coach.

Edit. Okay my bad, Hastie is named! That's a plus.

You guys were right about Caminiti. I did not see that coming at all. I was wrong.

First time under Lyons tenure i strongly disagree with the selections.

Howard surviving while Cordy is omitted and Hugo likely to start sub. Would have also been a great week to give Shoenmaker or Hastie a full game.

I smell a desperate coach.
Cordy sore. Managed not omitted. Hugo will play forward and won't be sub. Hastie getting a full game already confirmed. Reckon the sub will be Stocker or Bonner as we have a lot of small defenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why people love Hayes? Played like 5 games and is 28 overrated I think

I don't love him (and haven't had much to say about him) but he could be very important structurally for us, allowing (potentially) the following:

1) A reasonably competitive second ruck option which means that Roma gets a bit more chance to rest plus in the forward half and we don't need to damage Mitchito every game. Also when the ball is in our F50 Roma is best used as a kick and a bit behind the ball to take intercept marks and then pump it back in, he (Roma) plays that role well.

2) Allows King to play up the ground more with outlet marks from d50 and involvement in general play. King is such a good field kick it's almost where I'd prefer him at present.

Also, tiny sample size but Hayes will likely kick a snag or two per game as well which we desperately need.

Kinda get why Collard is not in, he kicked a couple of easy goals in the vfl last week but was mainly quiet.
Dow, well he has been out for awhile & Schoenmaker is just a big 18 y.o kid.
Like the 4 ins.
And maybe Garcia could start in the forward pocket, he loves to tackle, so could lock it in there.
And with Webster back & Hastie in the starting 22, reckon it has to be Stocker as sub.

Worried about our forward pressure now Higgo is out and not replaced with collard. Both chase and harras. It’s genuinely walked out of our forward line all year and our forward line of Owen’s Pou king hayes membry? Hilly if plays forward does a good job but you sort of need more then that. Wilson doesn’t provide genuine tackle pressure either

Great to see our spiritual leader Jack Hayes back along with some lesser lights in King, Wood and Webster.

None of the 4 omissions are all that surprising, Higgins was an obvious one but the other 3 haven't been shooting the lights out.

At least Cordy was given an honourable discharge by being managed rather than being dropped.

Grea that Hastie is getting another game. This is Hayes big chance to impress, otherwise it will probably be back to Sandy. Webster needs to put in a big one, as Bonner has been getting a bit of the ball.

Not our strongest side but one of the best we’ve been able to put out this year. My guess is Bonner or Stocker as the sub.

Keen to see how King, Hayes and Membrey go together. Not many times they’ve all played together.
Hoping they play King higher up the ground. Leave Hayes, Membrey and Owens/Phillipou do the forward work. With Hayes occasionally chopping out in the ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back