Preview Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 4 May, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t know what everyone is complaining about. We will go goal-for-goal (12 goals between both clubs) the whole night and then flex our “muscles late” and win by a mightily impressive nine points. Then we will all sit back and get that disgusting feeling you get after watching some adult content - “why did I watch that”.

I don’t know what everyone is complaining about. We will go goal-for-goal (12 goals between both clubs) the whole night and then flex our “muscles late” and win by a mightily impressive nine points. Then we will all sit back and get that disgusting feeling you get after watching some adult content - “why did I watch that”.

God don't we know that disgusting feeling so well.

Perfect game to bring Dow in. He won’t be against the bigger bodies while he builds fitness and form in the middle.
You’d think Jimmy comes straight back in but they may want to give him a run at Sandy to get some form up.
Max straight in for the forward set up. With Higgo and Butts out Collard may get a look in despite not being in blistering form.
Hayes is pushing for a spot and may be able to give Roma a bigger chop out in the ruck.
Could be a few changes.

Thankfully RTB sees the same potential in Caminiti as i do. He mentions him frequently in pressers when talking about the future. So keep on wishing him dropped because it isn't happening!

Outs

Stocker
Howard
Sharman
Higgins

Ins

Webster
King
Hastie
Dow

Sub Collard

Last edited:
Thankfully RTB sees the same potential in Caminiti as i do. He mentions him frequently in pressers when talking about the future. So keep on wishing him dropped because it isn't happening!

Hastie in the 22.

Outs

Stocker
Howard
Sharman
Higgins

Ins

Webster
King
Dow
Collard

Sub Shoenmaker
Stocker before Bonner? You're shitting me, right?

Been very critical of Stocker the last couple of weeks. As for Bonner, i am neither here, nor there really. His ball use is good but he is an ordinary defender. Would take him over Stocker, yes, i would.

We will have trouble with North. I feel it in my water.

Games we should win never seem to work out that way. I think we prefer to play the underdog role. The Hunter rather than being the Hunted.

Marshall looks ready for a rest. Steele had more tape than a Mummy. What happened there! Webster we need back. If Dow is deemed fit, let’s see what he can do.

As to other changes , let’s see how the week pans out. Higgins hopefully gets the charge chucked out or at least reduced to a week.

Never a dull moment following the Saints!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outs

Stocker
Howard
Sharman
Higgins

Ins

Webster
King
Hastie
Dow

Sub Collard
Why are there so many people eager for Stocker to be dropped?
He's had some crappy moments, true, but no more than anyone else in our colours. There's a few that would be on notice...I wouldn't have thought he'd be among them.

Hayes for Marshall (rested)
Collard for Higgins (suspended)
King for Membrey (rested)
Webster for Bonner (omitted)
Dow for Hastie (omitted)
Garcia sub

Seek and destroy, Saints! It's better to be flat track bullies than perennial strugglers.

Jimmy, be sure to blow Clarko a kiss at some stage late in the game or preferably when he's being interviewed.

Last edited:
Tough week for the selectors given the need to replace the two pressure fwd spots. Makes it hard to bring in someone like Hayes unless he replaces Caminiti or Membrey.

I think Webster will be an automatic in - the need to fill pressure fwd spots means we need extra mids - so Jones and Dow which means Garcia and Byrnes play fwd.

Out - Higgins, Phillipou, Sharman, Hastie

In - King, Jones, Dow, Webster

(Campbell for Marshall???)

B Wilkie Howard Webster

HB Sinclair Battle NWM

C Hill Dow Wilson

HF Membrey King Byrnes

F Owens Caminiti Garcia

Fol Marshall Steele Windhager

Int Jones, Stocker, Bonner, Ross

Sub Cordy

Last edited:
I'd like to see:

Collard in for Higgins (susp)
King for Sharman
Hayes for Membrey
Dow for Byrnes
Webster for Bonner
Hastie starting 22,
TC to sub, swaps with Roma at half-time

Tough week for the selectors given the need to replace the two pressure fwd spots. Makes it hard to bring in someone like Hayes unless he replaces Caminiti or Membrey.

I think Webster will be an automatic in - the need to fill pressure fwd spots means we need extra mids - so Jones and Dow which means Garcia and Byrnes play fwd.

Out - Higgins, Phillipou, Sharman, Hastie

In - King, Jones, Dow, Webster

(Campbell for Marshall???)

B Wilkie Howard Webster

HB Sinclair Battle NWM

C Hill Dow Wilson

HF Membrey King Byrnes

F Owens Caminiti Garcia

Fol Marshall Steele Windhager

Int Jones, Stocker, Bonner, Ross

Sub Cordy
A lumbering key defender like Cordy is never going to start as sub.

Same as the suggestion a few posts after yours about starting Campbell as sub.

If we are not a certainty against North then there is no hope...how in anyones right mind can we be worried about losing against North?

We are playing badly. You be crazy not to think it's possible. Nothing about our side looks like it's working properly right now. The forward line is terrible. We will get King back but we have Owens, Pou, Membrey and Sharman who are all playing poorly.

Owens gave a bit of hope this week but there isn't one that looks like they are earning their pay and then you have Higgins and Butler out. If we score 9 goals we will be doing well and probably means one of them got on a bag.

Midfields is an injured Steele and then whoever can fill in. Ross is cooked, Windhager is very inconsistent and then fill-ins from Sincs, Stocker which pushes the pressure onto guys like Bonner and Naz as they get exposed.

The backline is the least injured but we keep stealing players to cover the mids and Howard was so out of form that he was a liability.

I think Bonner played better than Stocker but part of that is that Stocker is having to move on ball for periods so not getting continuity. Stocker and Sharman both had a couple of poor weeks.

A lumbering key defender like Cordy is never going to start as sub.

Same as the suggestion a few posts after yours about starting Campbell as sub.
Its a great idea if you lose a tall in the first qtr - not so good if end up looking for speed in the last qtr.

The other option is name Sharman on the bench as your utility, but given how bad he was on the weekend, I don't think that's a great idea either.

Last edited:
Out:
Marshall (inj)
Higgins (susp)
Sharman
Howard

In:
Campbell
Collard
King
Dow

B: stocker, cordy, Wilkie