Discussion Round 7, 2024 (Anzac Round): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

2 games same round:

White home v Navy away.

In one, the home team wears white shorts; the other, the away team wears white shorts

The inconsistency is incompetence.

Crows should have been in Navy shorts (and preferably Roos in white shorts, but royal is passable)

Collingwood should use their away/true traditional jumper everytime they play Essendon and Carlton (Wear black shorts when they are the home team)

the white jumper with maroon v was ordinary 5 years ago when Brisbane used it, why bring it back now and wack a flower and tramp stamp on it and claim it’s an Anzac jumper
Just putting this out here again...

IMG_8535.png

Collingwood should worry about, and wear what they want to wear at home games. Carlton should wear a light blue jumper to avoid a clash.
Yeh Carlton just needs to man up and wear a clash jumper like everyone else - full white, or light blue when away against Pies.

Pies do when they're away.

haha that's what I mean. I'm in complete agreement with you!
So the onus is on the away team to work in with the home teams uniform, but the shorts thats the home teams problem because they want to wear a white based jumper with colored shorts?

So the onus is on the away team to work in with the home teams uniform, but the shorts thats the home teams problem because they want to wear a white based jumper with colored shorts?

This sentence is very hard to read.

I'm saying that the home team gets choice of guernsey. The away team has to provide a guernsey that avoids clashing. The league then selects shorts for both teams that accentuate the contrast where possible.

It's a pretty simple three-step process imo. I might write up a bit more about it when I get the time.

This sentence is very hard to read.

I'm saying that the home team gets choice of guernsey. The away team has to provide a guernsey that avoids clashing. The league then selects shorts for both teams that accentuate the contrast where possible.

It's a pretty simple three-step process imo. I might write up a bit more about it when I get the time.

But once again only enforced on Geelong:

Why was Brisbane in white shorts 2022 Grand Final?
Why does North get to wear Royal Shorts at home?
Why for that matter dont Collingwood wear white shorts alot morew than they do?

I agree with the above, my point with Collingwood was its my preferred uniform (WHite Based) as its what you used up till the late 90's, of course if Collingwood prefer black base its up to Carlton and Essendon to wear appriate against that.

In saying that, based on your above point Collingwood should never wear black shorts against the above two teams ever again.

My honest solution and the AFLW has shown this would work is if the home team has significant white in their home jumper and there is no clash just get rid of the white shorts all together.

Why was Brisbane in white shorts 2022 Grand Final?

They shouldn't have been.

Why does North get to wear Royal Shorts at home?

They shouldn't be allowed.

Why for that matter dont Collingwood wear white shorts alot morew than they do?

They wear white shorts every time they wear a white-based jumper, and wear black shorts (almost) every time they wear a black-based jumper. Which is how it should be.

I agree with the above, my point with Collingwood was its my preferred uniform (WHite Based) as its what you used up till the late 90's, of course if Collingwood prefer black base its up to Carlton and Essendon to wear appriate against that.

In saying that, based on your above point Collingwood should never wear black shorts against the above two teams ever again.

My honest solution and the AFLW has shown this would work is if the home team has significant white in their home jumper and there is no clash just get rid of the white shorts all together.

Well, yeah. I feel like this whole thread I've been agreeing with people and vice versa yet they don't really know it! At the risk of going too far off topic, yes, if Collingwood wanted to adopt a white-based home jumper from 2025 onwards, then they would never wear black shorts against either of those two teams. That doesn't really bother me, tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back