Preview Round 6 v Western Bulldogs at Coopers Stadium (Norwood Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

They can't, it's a free against
It's in the square and there's a million girls there it would have touched at least one person before going over the line, needed to get as close to the line as possible.

To be fair Whiteley missed the winner under no pressure 10 metres out with 4 mins to go

I liked McKinnon in the ruck. The midfield played well with her there.
We lost that on our own. All we needed was a behind but couldn't even make the distance. Whiteley had an easy shot and missed (Ponter made the right call but she would've been a better kick than Whiteley).

I liked McKinnon in the ruck. The midfield played well with her there.
We lost that on our own. All we needed was a behind but couldn't even make the distance. Whiteley had an easy shot and missed (Ponter made the right call but she would've been a better kick than Whiteley).
First quarter was what lost us the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First quarter was what lost us the game.
True, but they had many opportunities late in the game to win it. Really good passages of play by Stevie-Lee and Woodland to get us back in it. Marinoff stepped up. EJ went cold in last quarter.
The Phillips kick at the end was very nearly marked by someone - who was that? Would have been a beauty against about a dozen opponents
I think Gould, but it wasn't a mark. Was so congested at the end, I just thought, who cares about the win, just try to punch it through or handpass it through.

Dogs didn’t deserve that win.

Of course they did. Thoroughly outplayed us one-on-one in the first half, forcing us to bring an extra player up to stoppage, leaving them with an extra defender. We then got the ball in the middle but bombed it in to 3 on 1s - as we do under pressure regularly - but the Dogs had the score on the board.

Excuse me? Instead of attacking, tell me why I’m wrong, I’m more than happy to hear your reasons.

She had many shots on goal and couldn’t even kick 25m. She was so slow, and gave zero impact on the game.

Champion player who had a bad day, it happens.

The loss we had to have. Hopefully we can refocus and learn from that loss.

In the end it was our poor goal kicking again, that lost it. We ended with a few more scoring shots.

Also, the umpiring was back to its bog standard crap again. Any 50/50 call went their way and we had s**t-all! Anyone know what that last free kick was about?

The loss we had to have. Hopefully we can refocus and learn from that loss.

In the end it was our poor goal kicking again, that lost it. We ended with a few more scoring shots.

Also, the umpiring was back to its bog standard crap again. Any 50/50 call went their way and we had sh*t-all! Anyone know what that last free kick was about?

Made no difference, was just going to be another stoppage and siren straight after the ball up. There was 5 seconds on the clock, which would have been less if the free wasn't given.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back