Preview Round 5 v Carlton at Ikon Park (Princes Park)

Remove this Banner Ad

Woke up from a Sunday nap just after half time.... Gee Bec still has a bit of a chip on her shoulder doesn't she. Barely heard anything positive about us in the time I was watching.

But my word do we look slick, Jones has found another gear this season.
Oh gosh really? I thought she had pplenty of positive, almost glowing, things to say about us.

I also don't think Bec has a chip on her shoulder for us. She just falls into the Ricciuto category of not wanting to be seen as gushing so often goes a bit far in the other direction.
Yeah that's probably fair.

Ahh, not sure about that, don’t know if you noticed but certainly in the first half Eleni Glouftsis was giving her usual rough end of the pineapple decisions to the Adelaide Football club as she does in both mens and women’s. She’s the new Troy Pannell when it comes to knowing the club’s just going to get dodgy frees given against in game.
I guess I didn’t notice the bias as much in round 4 as compared with the other rounds. Last match there was some biased umpiring but has been reasonable compared with the earlier rounds.

I’ll take more notice of Eleni. Haven’t really been observing the individual umpires in detail.

Coaches votes time!

10 Ebony Marinoff (ADEL)
7 Anne Hatchard (ADEL)
6 Eloise Jones (ADEL)
3 Mimi Hill (CARL)
2 Sarah Allan (ADEL)
1 Montana McKinnon (ADEL)
1 Erin Phillips (ADEL)

So that breaks down to:

5 Marinoff
4 Jones
3 Hatchard
2 Allan
1 McKinnon/Phillips

5 Marinoff
4 Hatchard
3 Hill
2 Jones
1 McKinnon/Phillips

Almost a unique breakdown this week, other than the placement of McKinnon and Phillips. I'm going to guess the top set of votes is from the Crows, and the bottom set of votes is from Carlton, and hence probably the top one is McKinnon while the bottom is Phillips (just giving Phillips votes is an easy choice for opposition coaches).

Overall, can't disagree with any of the names. I think those were clearly the seven best players on the ground and in the correct order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back