Game Day Round 3 v Sydney, @MCG, Sunday 2 April

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to think we can't play any worse than last week, but against a very tough opponent that could be tested. Sydney have had our measure for years, so not particularly confident of a win but a positive showing after last weeks shitshow would be great.

Even so, there's some excitement this week with May's return and the debut of JVR! Keen to see how the kid goes. At least we're being more active at selection.

Team:
MicrosoftTeams-image-4-[1].jpg

Going down to Sydney and Brisbane in consecutive weeks would definitely dent any confidence in how seriously we're contending. It's probably the perfect game. At home vs an opponent we always struggle against. Heat is on if we lose.

Going down to Sydney and Brisbane in consecutive weeks would definitely dent any confidence in how seriously we're contending. It's probably the perfect game. At home vs an opponent we always struggle against. Heat is on if we lose.
It should be, but then we have West Coast, Essendon, Richmond, North, Gold Coast, Hawthorn to paper over the cracks.

Need to get a win against good opposition considering we don't play a likely top-four team again until KB.

It should be, but then we have West Coast, Essendon, Richmond, North, Gold Coast, Hawthorn to paper over the cracks.

Need to get a win against good opposition considering we don't play a likely top-four team again until KB.
heck that runs annoying. Most likely win em all and not work on anything in relation to proper ball movement

I think we'll know in the first 5 minutes whether we 'came to play' or not. The midfield was beyond pathetic last week with their effort and defensive intent. If that repeats itself Gulden will have 40, Parker 30, Rowbottom and Mills 25 each and Heeney will kick a bag. Time to switch on and start winning on our home deck.

I can't see how we lose.

Well, other than game plan, effort, skill, talent and belief.

At least it's not Ports midfield. They are very strong!
Port have the greatest midfield ever assembled. Ollie Wines is the greatest player to ever play!

I would take Butters though.

Swans by under two goals with Tom Papley kicking the sealer with the tongue out celebration.

But no, please not, hope he we have a genuine go, JVR a goal or two on debut, Grundy builds into the season, win some bloody clearances.

Cmon dees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You better be first with knowledge of all injuries or else 🦷

Ill have a far better view on the third deck of the Warney stand than you will on TV for sure. Dont argue with my opinion.

The only team I've never seen us beat live! God I hope today's the day!!

Congrats Clarry! If It wasn't for Robbie I'd say you were the best mid I've seen in the red n blue. Amazing to say hes already one of our greats at 150 games! Cmon boys!

I can't see how we lose.

Well, other than game plan, effort, skill, talent and belief.

At least it's not Ports midfield. They are very strong!

Didnt we lose to Adelaide and Collingwood in our premiership year with the "best midfield" ? Port are right on track.

Ill have a far better view on the third deck of the Warney stand than you will on TV for sure. Dont argue with my opinion.
Make sure you tell me how well Pickett plays in the ruck in-between looking up from your plate 🧃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back