VFL Round 14, 2018: Coburg v Sandringham - Piranha Park, Saturday 7th July, 2:00PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see Blacres get so much of it on managed minutes (may have sat out a lot of the last, making it easier for Coburg to get back into it) and to see Roma get best and Hugh 2nd best.

Would rather either of them to Joyce down back and Roma up forward over Wright.

I suspect Acres for Wright is more likely, he's quite similar to Battle in size and can run all day.

How'd Freezer and Goddard play?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I only watched the first half but thought Freezer was good. Probably in our top three with Blake and Kade Answerth to half time. Got plenty of contested ball - lots of handballs around clearances and tackles. Was really hoping to see him torch a few bursting from a stoppage but his game style at present actually resembles Tom Mitchell rather than Shuey/Dangerfield of his junior career. I wonder though if this is due to the sloppy and congested nature of VFL. Would love to see him 1v1 on the wing of the MCG with no one else within 40m. Think he might finally be ready.

Hughie played FB. Was standing behind him on the bench and could not believe the size of him. He was standing next to Hickey and there was stuff all in it for height. In the first half he won a really nice holding the ball free and neutralised the aerial contest well but didn’t provide a great deal in way of rebound. Didn’t make a mistake that I saw though.

I only watched the first half but thought Freezer was good. Probably in our top three with Blake and Kade Answerth to half time. Got plenty of contested ball - lots of handballs around clearances and tackles. Was really hoping to see him torch a few bursting from a stoppage but his game style at present actually resembles Tom Mitchell rather than Shuey/Dangerfield of his junior career. I wonder though if this is due to the sloppy and congested nature of VFL. Would love to see him 1v1 on the wing of the MCG with no one else within 40m. Think he might finally be ready.

Hughie played FB. Was standing behind him on the bench and could not believe the size of him. He was standing next to Hickey and there was stuff all in it for height. In the first half he won a really nice holding the ball free and neutralised the aerial contest well but didn’t provide a great deal in way of rebound. Didn’t make a mistake that I saw though.
What did you think of Acres? Do you think restricted minutes today will mean another week of Zebras or will he come straight back in & possibly play as a forward in the seniors?

What did you think of Acres? Do you think restricted minutes today will mean another week of Zebras or will he come straight back in & possibly play as a forward in the seniors?

He was BOG and by a fair way in the first half. Looked several classes above. It depends on how many minutes he played today and of course how he pulls up tomorrow morning. On performance he plays next week but on conditioning/rehab he might need another run at Sandy particularly with a 6 day break.

Would be great if he debuted against the blues. We are out of finals race and even if his production is lower to start with, it's not like Wright or Weller have much of an influence as it is.

He was BOG and by a fair way in the first half. Looked several classes above. It depends on how many minutes he played today and of course how he pulls up tomorrow morning. On performance he plays next week but on conditioning/rehab he might need another run at Sandy particularly with a 6 day break.
Thanks for the reply mate. Appreciated :)

Agree on Goddard he should’ve played over Joyce, what an insult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Hugh walks his dog at the same park as me and he looks ruck sized. He's pretty light framed up close though.

Who's the champion BF poster who provides us with VFL stats sheets most weeks?
grimlock usually visits late Monday or on Tuesday. Champion!

Are you keen to see Freeza's stats?

Blake Acres' will be interesting, as will Rowan Marshall, Ray Connellan, Ben Paton and Dayton Longfella's. (Handy goal after the siren)

grimlock usually visits late Monday or on Tuesday. Champion!

Are you keen to see Freeza's stats?

Blake Acres' will be interesting, as will Rowan Marshall, Ray Connellan, Ben Paton and Dayton Longfella's. (Handy goal after the siren)

Benny Paton was good in the first half. Won’t be at the top of the stat sheet but I reckon he’s a player.

Benny Paton was good in the first half. Won’t be at the top of the stat sheet but I reckon he’s a player.
If we think Hunter Clark is dual-sided I reckon Paton is as much so, if not more.

Was watching one of his Champs games from last year the other day and have also seen his highlights packages and he even kicked on his left at times when playing on from kick-in's!

Extremely dual-sided, and fast to boot.

Probably would have played already this year had we been playing him down back, where he did so well last year, but it seems we've been playing him more midfield, as that's where we want him to ideally be able to play, so no surprise it's taking him a bit longer to find his feet there, if so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back