AFL Autopsy RND 11: Beaten at the Poohtress

Remove this Banner Ad

Tired Good Night GIF by HBO Max

Looked absolutely gassed in that last 10 minutes, but we are a young team so it is to be expected

The innacuracy on goal in the first quarter was the difference in the game. We missed 3-4 sitters that turned out to be the difference.

Cracking effort in the second half. Perkins and Hobbs now need to be mainstays in our midfield rotation, don't mind at who's expense.

Asked for effort all year so not disappointed.

Bring that every week and everything else will start to fall in to place.

That was great, but for in accurate kicking we run away with it but to wrestle it back onto our terms after letting it get into a bit of a ping pong match showed maturity I didn’t think we were capable of as yet.

Even the first quarter was pretty good, just couldn’t convert.

Port are soft as s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That game was a step in the right direction leading into the bye. Ignoring the scoreboard, there were a lot of opportunities generated and better defence in the 2nd half.
I feel like we are blaming the mids (and rightly so) a lot, but there were some sloppy kicks into the F50. Maybe Rutten should have had half of the practice with the sprinklers off.

Hard to tell from the TV but much better effort from Shiel, Merrett and Parish defensively in the second half, I think Shiel and Merrett were better in that department than they’ve been in awhile the whole match. Still improvement to be had there though.

I do think the rain helped us not get cut up in transition a little too though but I’ll take the improved structure and effort.

Kids look alright in all the right ways. Defensive minded, hard working, good decision making.

I think that might’ve been Ridley’s best game all year.

I enjoyed the passionate discussion at quarter time.

Good come back but young side is gassed in the last 10 minutes. Building blocks. Nice game from Duz.

Snelling, Stringer, Langers back post bye

Terrible transition defense along with the game plan of handballing back 50 metres through a series of players before going forward and allowing defense to set up was on show again.

Heppell cannot be selected to play if we're genuine about the culture we're trying to build. Hard to rally behind the captain when he gifts the opposition goals and loses most 50-50 contests. Parish and smith both giving him sprays throughout the game.

Waterman too. Has lost his booming kick and marking mitts. Plays like a slow kpp but is a foot too short

Solid effort. Showed some heart and competed which is all we can really ask for.

Changes for the clash against the scum look exciting on paper.
Out: Waterman, Smith, Shiel, Kelly (should be Heppell)
In: Stringer, Snelling, Langford, Redman

i reckon Bryan with Phillips would be a better combo... We have a number one ruck man who doesn't take marks. I know he's developing and all but hasn't shown much development in the last 3 weeks, Bryan took how many marks in the 2's? A spell in the VFL might do Drapes some good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back