UK Rishi Sunak new British PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunak is the centrist among the tories but the party is tainted and there's nothing he can really do to turn it around. One of the lesser discussed consequences of brexit is that among the tory party there was an internal rift that the right of the party won by drowning out and removing moderate/centrist voices who opposed the trend of nationalism and more importantly right wing culture war rhetoric which to the broader public is not that popular. I don't think Sunak can turn it around even though he himself is not really into that sort of gutter politics just because the rot is set.

3500.jpg

The new conservative governments 'ashes' trophy has been revealed....

1678486504321.jpeg

National treasure censored by government.

And Gary Lineker has been suspended for tweeting criticism of the Government's asylum seeker policies.

Meanwhile, Lord Sugar has made numerous comments on politics, including recently criticising Mick Lynch and the train strikes. But the BBC chair is a Tory donor, who personally loaned (and didn't disclose said loan) to Boris Johnson, so maybe that's the difference.

And Gary Lineker has been suspended for tweeting criticism of the Government's asylum seeker policies.

Meanwhile, Lord Sugar has made numerous comments on politics, including recently criticising Mick Lynch and the train strikes. But the BBC chair is a Tory donor, who personally loaned (and didn't disclose said loan) to Boris Johnson, so maybe that's the difference.
The policy is long overdue and still too soft as it is clear any so-called refugees who have gone throguh Europe to get to the UK are seeking economic benefits not safety. However Lineker should not have been stopped from expressing his opinion.

Sent from my SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The BBC Chair didn't personally loan the money to Johnson - he introduced Johnson to the person that did (a cousin of Johnson).

Still dodgy though.

The policy is long overdue and still too soft as it is clear any so-called refugees who have gone throguh Europe to get to the UK are seeking economic benefits not safety. However Lineker should not have been stopped from expressing his opinion.

Thank God you've personally assessed them all so you could categorically arrive at this conclusion.

Pretty obvious given they travelled through multiple safe countries on the way to the channel and depart from one (France) to cross the channel.

Oh, so you are just making assumptions?

You're precisely the type of person that the dog whistling and dehumanization is aimed at.

Oh, so you are just making assumptions?

You're precisely the type of person that the dog whistling and dehumanization is aimed at.
Nope it isn't an assumption it is a simple undeniable fact of geography unless you are saying Europe isn't safe.

If however they were arriving on boats direct from parts of Africa as an example, the law would be wrong.

So NHS junior doctors have gone on strike aiming for a 35% pay rise

Now that does seem like a big hike, but I can attest to the statements that they have been underpaid relative to other countries. My hospital actively recruit from the NHS and universally when they come and work (in yes probably the least well resourced metropolitan ED with the highest number of presentations) they are like "holy shit this is so good here!" They tell me that we are paying roughly double with lower costs of living and better senior medical staff support.

(then of course they locum to other ED and realise that they can still be paid more and work less...)

Local elections have been pretty dire for them.

Down 1,000 councillors with Labour, Lib Dems and Greens all benefitting.

And lost control in some fairly blue-blood areas. Windsor and Maidenhead taken by the Lib Dems outright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back