RIP: Obituaries, memorials and things like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Just thought I would post in here that one of our Hawthorn BF members Grendel passed away at the end of last year.

I did not know him well but members of another forum did and someone close to him informed everyone on there recently.

He joined Bigfooty around the same time I did many moons ago so would have spoken to some of you over the years.

I'm not sure how frequently he posted on here recently but thought I should make a post so anyone on here that knew him could hear the news.

Just thought I would post in here that one of our Hawthorn BF members Grendel passed away at the end of last year.

I did not know him well but members of another forum did and someone close to him informed everyone on there recently.

He joined Bigfooty around the same time I did many moons ago so would have spoken to some of you over the years.

I'm not sure how frequently he posted on here recently but thought I should make a post so anyone on here that knew him could hear the news.

Sorry to hear that ... enjoyed his musings over the years.

RIP to Bob Hawke.

... that's a stat Grendel would have enjoyed. ;)

Dreadful news regarding Danny Frawley. Always had a bit of time for Chip. He will be missed. RIP Spud

Vale Bob Semple OAM BEM in his 100th year. One of the last, if not the last Rats of Tobruk, Bob was with the Hawthorn City Pipe Band for 75 years and was the face of Pipe bands in Australia.

A life lived with great purpose, courage and grace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a kid, I'm sure I wasn't alone in living for the weekday daily double of the Goodies, then Dr. Who. Safe to say, I'm still scarred by it. Very few have had me laughing like they did. So many wonderful memories.

Now Tim Brooke-Taylor has passed away from his thing. Am genuinely sad to hear this.

Look out any pricks who don't keep their distance next time I'm queuing at the deli. Give em a taste of the old Ecky-thump I reckon.

Vale TBT.

As a kid, I'm sure I wasn't alone in living for the weekday daily double of the Goodies, then Dr. Who. Safe to say, I'm still scarred by it. Very few have had me laughing like they did. So many wonderful memories.

Now Tim Brooke-Taylor has passed away from his thing. Am genuinely sad to hear this.

Look out any pricks who don't keep their distance next time I'm queuing at the deli. Give em a taste of the old Ecky-thump I reckon.

Vale TBT.
Great post.

I'm really struggling with this one. I've tried to explain it to the offspring why it's so hard, and the best I can come up with is that it is really tough because he made little kids laugh. And that's a special part of childhood and rarely ever goes away even after 40 years. So many safe, happy and comforting memories.

RIP TBT.

Vale Ron Best - 270 games for 1624 goals, a behemoth of the Bendigo Footy League who could have achieved it anywhere. Kicked 10 or more goals in a game an incredible 48 times before going onto representing the National Party in the Victorian Legislative Council from 1988 until 2002. I was no fan of his footy teams or his politics but had immense respect for his contribution to footy and public life. So raise a glass to this great footy person. Vale Ron.

Vale Ron Best - 270 games for 1624 goals, a behemoth of the Bendigo Footy League who could have achieved it anywhere. Kicked 10 or more goals in a game an incredible 48 times before going onto representing the National Party in the Victorian Legislative Council from 1988 until 2002. I was no fan of his footy teams or his politics but had immense respect for his contribution to footy and public life. So raise a glass to this great footy person. Vale Ron.

Kick 100 goals on 13 occasions with four clubs, three of those clubs in the Bendigo League when it was arguably at its peak. Highest total of 161 goals in 1980, with the Bendigo FL Leading Goal scorer medal named after him. Over the journey collected Premierships as both player and coach of Bendigo FL powerhouse's clubs Sandhurst, Golden Square and Northern United. Well said TAITA, Vale Ron

Mike Warren

Hawks placed a Death Notice in Sat H/sun 17 October 2020.
Not many here will know Mike but he was a "volunteer, employee and friend of HFC over many years.
Mike epitomised the spirit of Hawthorn and will be remembered for his passion and dedication to all things Brown & Gold."
RIP Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back