RIP: Obituaries, memorials and things like that

Remove this Banner Ad

R I P Greg Allman. I can still remember the exact place and time I first heard Whipping Post.

The Brisbane Times Headlined the article with "Cher's ex". Ah who or what was Cher's ex

Vale Ken Hopper, who was my first "favourite" player at Hawthorn. Unfortunately, I didn't have a footy jumper to put his #3 (if I remember correctly) on. Agood servant of the Haw thorn Football Club.

Harry Beitzl passed away yesterday
Rest in peace, Harry. I probably owe Harry an apology, for all the abuse I sent his way as an umpire in the 1950s. Now in 2017 the league is up to three and in some cases four umpires, but ac cumulatively they can't do as good a job as you Harry.
Condolences to your family

Rest in peace, Harry. I probably owe Harry an apology, for all the abuse I sent his way as an umpire in the 1950s. Now in 2017 the league is up to three and in some cases four umpires, but ac cumulatively they can't do as good a job as you Harry.
Condolences to your family

I grew up listening to Harry on 3AW as a young lad. One of the best callers on radio along with Bill Jacobs and Tommy Layiff bringing you special comments from the boundary line and the change rooms at the end of the game.
Beitzel would say to Layiff "Are you there Tommy" and Tommy would respond "Can you hear me Harry" classic radio.

A few years back on 'You Tube' i found the 3AW Radio call by Harry Beitzel & Bill Jacobs of the 1989 Grand Final.
Spine tingling stuff, one the best calls i have heard ever, makes you want to go out and run a marathon, maybe not. I will settle for a Avocado Sandwich here at my desk:rolleyes:.

Rest In Peace Harry Beitzel .................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I grew up listening to Harry on 3AW as a young lad. One of the best callers on radio along with Bill Jacobs and Tommy Layiff bringing you special comments from the boundary line and the change rooms at the end of the game.
Beitzel would say to Layiff "Are you there Tommy" and Tommy would respond "Can you hear me Harry" classic radio.

A few years back on 'You Tube' i found the 3AW Radio call by Harry Beitzel & Bill Jacobs of the 1989 Grand Final.
Spine tingling stuff, one the best calls i have heard ever, makes you want to go out and run a marathon, maybe not. I will settle for a Avocado Sandwich here at my desk:rolleyes:.

Rest In Peace Harry Beitzel .................
He was also advocating for only six grounds and a national competition back in those days too.

If it wasnt Louie the Lip and Sandy Roberts calling match of tihe day on C7, it was Drew Morphett showing us an hour of highlights on "The Winners".

Has been around as long as Ive listened to sport, though missed him when he was moved on recently. An ABC radio legend.

Vale Drew.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back