RIP: Obituaries, memorials and things like that

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Danny Kirwan.
Together with Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer formed maybe the best trio of guitarists ever whilst playing with the real Fleetwood Mac.

RIP Danny Kirwan.
Together with Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer formed maybe the best trio of guitarists ever whilst playing with the real Fleetwood Mac.

One of the originals of Fleetwood Mac.

Very Talented Musician...Not only was he a great guitarist but also a songwriter and a singer...RIP Danny Kirwan

RIP Ken Perkins probably Australia's biggest record collector. He resided on the Gold Coast and I knew him personally and am deeply saddened and shocked to hear of his death. Ken was never afraid to pay the real price when buying records from other collectors. He bought some of my collection when I stared selling my collectables in 2005.

He will be missed. He was one of a kind.

Jarrod Lyle wont survive his 3rd bout of leukemia. Leaves a wife and two young daughters.
Go peacefully.
Yes, I heard that this morning. Horrible bastard of a disease.

Such a sad ending. :(

Jarrod Lyle, s**t news, as are all the above, we've all lost someone to tragedy or disease.
Every day we're here is one day closer to there.

Jarrod Lyle, s**t news, as are all the above, we've all lost someone to tragedy or disease.
Every day we're here is one day closer to there.
Depending on one’s POV, there is no “there”; so really we should consider ourselves lucky to be here, as opposed to nowhere.
If you know what I mean.
Watching the story of Jarrod Lyle really is a reminder that life is just a series of random occurrences, largely beyond our control.
My thoughts and best wishes are with Jarrod and his family at this sad, yet perhaps oddly, uplifting time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He along with the Macho Man Randy Savage, are the greatest comedic duo in the History of Western Civilisation. Their art was performed through multiple performances in the form of interviews in the 1980's...a decade that is also synonymous with Hawthorn Football Club..Mean Gene passed a few days ago at age 76

It would be remiss of me to not bring to your attention the passing of two great local clubmen, two great Kyneton men, in the last fortnight that epitomise what footy clubs are all about, and perhaps what this thread is about.

Both wonderful servants to their club and both club life members, Maurice Ambrose Smith was also a Bendigo League Life member.

Maurice, or Moz, Mozza, whatever you knew him as played more than 100 Senior games for the Kyneton Footy Club in the late 50's. He then played a season of Reserves before running the boundary in '61. For the next 42 years Mozza filled the role of Trainer and Head Trainer, finally hanging up his boots in 2002. It goes without saying he was extremely highly regarded and he had a strong influence on the young blokes coming through our footy club for nearly half a century. It was with both sadness and celebration he was sent off in style last week, the hearse doing one final lap of the footy ground before making it's journey to his final resting place. Eighty five years well spent I reckon.

As the day went on news filtered through that - I dunno, certainly one of Kyneton's best ever players (320 Senior games) - toss up between him and Shane Muir for me, had passed away the night before.

https://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.a...ss-leaves-lasting-impression-on-kevin-sheedy/

"I had an extremely high opinion of Bob Beare… he was a very tough player," Sheedy told the Bendigo Advertiser on Thursday.
"We were building a very good team through that era, but Bob was just as tough as Mark Harvey, Roger Merrett and Dean Wallis."
Essendon won back-to-back premierships in 1984 and 1985 and Sheedy says that had Beare - who idolised Bombers' high-flyer Paul Vander Haar - been committed to a VFL career he could have forged himself a spot in those powerful sides.
"I've got no doubt he had a very good chance of playing in those teams," Sheedy said.
"We had a lot of tough players through that period and I can tell you that Bob Beare was tough.
"I rate him as tough as any player I coached… to be still playing only a couple of years ago into his 50s shows just how tough he was.
"He was just your real tough country Daniher-type character."

https://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.a...anatic-who-gave-so-much-to-the-game-he-loved/

THE enjoyment Bob Beare got out of playing with his mates at Kyneton far outweighed the lure of a VFL career alongside his idol Paul Vander Haar at Essendon in the '80s.
Beare - who died last week aged 57 - was a Bombers' fanatic and may well have forged a career at the top level such was the esteem in which he was held by Essendon coach Kevin Sheedy.
Beare did play some reserves games for the Bombers during the '80s, but as the saying goes - you can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy.
"Sheedy has made a statement that Bobby Beare was the best footballer not to play for Victoria… let alone a senior VFL game," Beare's good mate and former Kyneton team-mate, Mark Tunzi, said this week.

To know the fella we called Bates was to love him - just an absolute gem of a bloke whose footy knowledge was absolutely mind boggling. It came as a total shock to an entire community with him being so fit, only finally stopping playing 3 or 4 years ago (for the right reasons) before coaching thirds.

We shall miss these fine gentlemen whilst acknowledging the contribution they gave to their footy clubs and towns, and only hope there are those in the wings wishing to emulate their great achievements.

Bob's service will be next Friday at the Kyneton Football Netball Club's ground - the Showgrounds, followed by his burial at the Kyneton Cemetry and wake at the Kyneton Racecourse.

Fitting

RIP Dick Dale. "King of the Surf Guitar". He was much much more than that. One of the great guitarists to come out of the 50s and 60s. Left hand guitarist who played the guitar upside down.

In one of the top something list of guitarists posted on U Tube he is the only guitarists from the 50s to be on that list. Good to see Dick Dale be acknowledged but those lists are an insult to other great guitarist from the era. James Burton being one of many who are ignored.
Remember, Pulp Fiction starts with the blistering riffs by Dick.

Might play a couple of his LPs as a tribute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back