Ring of Honor (On HonorClub)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope that's ROH's first choice TMDK line up, and that Mikey didn't give up a huge opportunity for EPW's show tomorrow night.

Doesn't look like much of a card, I don't think I'll be bothering.

I hope that's ROH's first choice TMDK line up, and that Mikey didn't give up a huge opportunity for EPW's show tomorrow night.

Doesn't look like much of a card, I don't think I'll be bothering.
these 2 matches should good to great.
  • ROH Women's World Champion Athena defends against Billie Starkz
  • Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli, & Bryan Danielson vs. FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler) & Mark Briscoe

ROH TV notes this week:

Eddie Kingston beat Evil Uno in an ROH World Title Proving Ground match.
Taya Valkyrie beat Rachael Ellering.
Brian Cage beat Gravity.
Butcher and Blade beat The Workhorsemen, The Outrunners and The Infantry in a 4 way tag.
After Athena won a squash match in the main event, Billie Starkz attacked her and Athena's nose got busted open bad after her face bounced off a chair.

they shouldn't have teased a mystery opponent with this outcome, although maybe we read too much into the notion of a mystery opponent in the first place.

Was there a name that people were speculating might turn up as a surprise entrant?

the opener between Vikingo and Black Taurus was very good. never seen Vikingo lose his balance before today though.
<skipped a few matches>
TV Title Survival of the Fittest - very good
Pure Title match - good
Taylor vs Lee - good
Jay tribute match - very good although the non-finish/restart in the middle was a bit flat.
women's main event - very good.

Last edited:
the opener between Vikingo and Black Taurus was very good. never seen Vikingo lose his balance before today though.

At the Renegades/GCW show in Melbourne this year he lost his balance on his first tight rope move (from memory it was the coast to coast tightrope cannonball).

So he decided he didn’t like the ropes and put all the tightrope moves away after that until the outside-in Phoenix splash

(At that stage Gringo Loco had already slipped off the ropes, eaten s**t, and had his match waived off 2 minutes in. Renegades still used that ring at the next show though.)

Final Battle notes:

Vikingo retained the AAA Mega Title vs Taurus.
Brian Cage and The Gates of Agony retained the ROH 6 man tag titles vs TMDK.
Ethan Page beat Tony Nese in the I Quit match. Mark Henry made sure Smart Mark Sterling was handcuffed to the ring at the start, then during the match he got free to double team Page, then Scorpio Sky returned to even the odds.
Kyle Fletcher won the vacant ROH TV Title beating Lee Moriarty, Lee Johnson, Dalton Castle, Komander and Bryan Keith in a 6 man Survival of the Fittest Elimination match. Moriarty submitted Lee Johnson and pinned Castle, Bryan Keith pinned Moriarty, Fletcher pinned Bryan Keith and then Komander in a great end to the match.
Wheeler Yuta retained the ROH Pure Title vs Tom Lawlor. Yuta kicked Lawlor in the nuts after the match, and as Hook made the save, Yuta low-blowed him too.
Keith Lee beat Shane Taylor.
The BCC vs FTR and Mark Briscoe in a Fight to Honor Jay ended in a non contest, then Mark Briscoe got the match restarted as an Anything Goes match. Mark Briscoe pinned Danielson with the Jay-Driller.
Eddie Kingston beat Anthony Henry in a ROH World Title Proving Ground match.
Athena retained the ROH Women's Title vs Billie Starkz in the main event. Looks like Starkz is Athena's minion again.

So did anyone here watch 'Final Battle'? If so, was it any good? All that I've heard was that it was very, very - way too - long. Is it one of those cards where it's best to watch 3 or 4 matches and forget the rest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So did anyone here watch 'Final Battle'? If so, was it any good? All that I've heard was that it was very, very - way too - long. Is it one of those cards where it's best to watch 3 or 4 matches and forget the rest?
I posted my thoughts (several posts before this) earlier. 4 hours (not incl Zero Hour) was a bit long, they could have chopped a couple of matches out. apparently the I Quit match (which I skipped) was good too, so at least 75% of the show is worth a watch.

Women's ROH TV Title? yay or nay?

For what purpose? To be an actual midcard belt, or just to make up for the fact that Athena is a dominant champ who has cleaned out the division?

They do a better job of keeping AEW and ROH separate when it comes to their women (which I really like), so it's not like an ROH belt is a particularly useful prop for say, a Skye Blue or Abadon.

If they want another women's belt I think I'd prefer AEW Women's Tag belts. I'm not overly convinced though - granted most of them are in men's divisions, but they already have sooo many belts.

For what purpose? To be an actual midcard belt, or just to make up for the fact that Athena is a dominant champ who has cleaned out the division?

They do a better job of keeping AEW and ROH separate when it comes to their women (which I really like), so it's not like an ROH belt is a particularly useful prop for say, a Skye Blue or Abadon.

If they want another women's belt I think I'd prefer AEW Women's Tag belts.
how about no to both concepts.

wouldn't be surprised if they're launching a ROH TV title to create the "women's triple crown" like they are in AEW with the men.

If you want to watch some very good wrestling then the PPV does exactly that, no match really stunk even though some felt unnecessary (nyla rose, eddie kingston).

Had a very good mix of styles as well starting from Vikingo and Black Taurus putting on a lucha clinic on the pre-show, to some hard hitting hardcore matches with the I quit match and the Jay Briscoe tribute, to one of the better women's matches you'll see all year as the main event

but yes just over 5 hours if you include the zero hour so I understand people's hesitancy and some of these matches could have easily been saved for future TV tapings

how about no to both concepts.

wouldn't be surprised if they're launching a ROH TV title to create the "women's triple crown" like they are in AEW with the men.

Personally don't understand it. Roster is diluted being across RoH/AEW and defending more in AEW. Just seems odd with an hour of its own brand they have almost as many titles as AEW now.

I hope they get a TV deal in the future and have a proper roster split.

Otherwise just wrap it up.

ROH TV notes this week:

The Von Erichs beat The Workhorsemen.
Athena beat Maya World in a ROH Women's Title Proving Ground match.
Tony Khan introduced the ROH Women's TV Title.
Dante Martin beat Lee Johnson.
The Gates of Agony beat Willie Mack and Blake Christian.
Dalton Castle says he hasn't slept since Johnny TV distracted him and cost him the TV title, and both he and Taya Valkyrie will pay.
Lance Archer and The Righteous beat The Iron Savages.
Leyla Hirsch doesn't want Maria Kanellis' help anymore, and her and Rachael Ellering both want to win the Women's TV title.
Dalton Castle, The Boys and Gravity beat Angelico, Serpentico, Griff Garrison and Cole Karter in an 8 man tag.
Vikingo and Komander beat Gringo Loco and Jack Cartwheel in a pretty solid main event.

AEW Dynamite note:
The Devil's masked men beat MJF and Samoa Joe (who was subbing in for Adam Cole) for the ROH tag titles, Joe screwed over MJF by making a deal with the devil.

ROH TV notes this week:
The show went for 1 hour, down from 2 hours.

Billie Starkz, Leyla Hirsch, Rachael Ellering, Lady Frost, Kiera Hogan all cut promos about the ROH Women's TV Title.
Kyle Fletcher made an open challenge for the ROH TV Title next week and Willie Mack has accepted it.
Ethan Page beat Johnny TV in the main event after a very tired looking Dalton Castle provided a distraction.

ROH TV notes this week:

Show went for 1 1/2 hours, up from 1 hour.

Griff Garrison beat Serpentico.
Dalton Castle beat Peter Avalon. Dalton Castle was eating a sandwich during his entrance.
Shane Taylor and Lee Moriarty beat Dalton Castle's Boys, and The Infantry in a 3 way tag.
Mercedes Martinez and Diamante beat Leyla Hirsch and Rachael Ellering.
Kyle Fletcher retained the ROH TV Title vs Willie Mack.
Vikingo, Komander and Lee Johnson beat Gringo Loco and The Workhorsemen in the main event.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back