Ring of Honor (On HonorClub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Anaheim Ducks
Thought it was a good time to start this considering what Marty has already done this week.

EOL00XNXsAAe9fN

After all the doom and gloom about ROH the past year or so could they finally be turning a corner with Marty in a power of position?

Switchblade is a huge get for them.

Two questions:

- why didn't they give The Elite the book 18 months ago when it was clear they were trying to set something up?

- why hasn't Marty been with NJPW if he's that critical to ROH and the relationship is that important to them?

Years ago watched an episode airing after a sports event on a pirate stream. It airs or aired in syndication in the US. Was surprisingly enjoyable. Wrestlers promos reminded me of late 90s-early 00s WWF. Then I looked for up to date weekly torrents and there weren't any :( Forgot about it after that.

Two questions:

- why didn't they give The Elite the book 18 months ago when it was clear they were trying to set something up?

- why hasn't Marty been with NJPW if he's that critical to ROH and the relationship is that important to them?

As far as supporting the Bucks and Cody and going bigger like they wanted to they made a mistake. Sinclair is painful with ROH as far as spending money and taking risks. They have paid for this dearly the last 12 months in dropping from clear #2 in the USA to smaller than some of the more prominent indies like Beyond and Game Changer.

Scurll has spent a fair bit of time in Japan already and appears he'd prefer to focus on wrestling in the US.

This is pretty cool.

I don't know how their tv tapings work, but hopefully they can get Slex a win before this match. Either way, it's a great idea to give them both a match they're eminently comfortable with so early in their ROH careers. Their match at MCW Vendetta in January was a genuine banger.

I'm interested to see how MCW manages its title if Brooksy is already starting with ROH.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

celebrating their 19 anniversary, so here's 19 matches featuring a lot of wrestlers who have moved on to bigger and better things.

Damn, that's a hell of a playlist. Thanks for sharing.

I'm particularly stoked to see Joe vs Kobashi and Danielson vs Morishima 2, haven't seen either of them in probably 10 years.

I will be avoiding all Briscoe Brothers matches, and I will be secretly lamenting that El Generico was killed while building orphanages in Mexico.

Some ROH Best in the World notes: (First ROH show with a crowd)
Bandido wins the world title, Chelsea Green joins ROH, Homicide and Chris Dickinson win the tag titles, Dragon Lee wins the TV title. Brody King put over big by beating Jay Lethal pretty convincingly.

Some ROH Death Before Dishonor notes:
Former 205Live wrestler Alex Zayne (Formerly Ari Sterling) won the pre-show battle royal.

Former NXT wrestlers Jake Atlas and Taylor Rust (Formerly Tyler Rust) had a match.

New AEW signing Lee Moriarty competed in a 6 man tag.

Bandido retained the ROH World title in a 4 way elimination match against EC3, Brody King and Flamita.

Last edited:
It's actually sad how much of a cliff they've fallen off since AEW was formed. Any chance at staying relevant was ruined by that god awful MSG show and I swear I'm more excited for guys like Fatu and Hammerstone in MLW then I am for anyone from ROH outside the luchadors.

I think too that their decision to remain small, rather than looking at expendinding has also cost them. They have been a great breeding ground for talent that other promotions have been able to pick up with better offers. So in a way they shift themselves by being too “safe”

I think too that their decision to remain small, rather than looking at expendinding has also cost them. They have been a great breeding ground for talent that other promotions have been able to pick up with better offers. So in a way they shift themselves by being too “safe”

But they haven't even been a great breeding ground for talent these days. 5-10 years ago, Wheeler Yuta and Daniel Garcia are in ROH on multi year deals. Now they're in AEW. ROH would've spotted guys like that before anyone else did even with AEW around. With the possible exceptions of Danhausen and maybe Brodie King, who have they gotten over from nothing recently?

I genuinely believe with the right people behind them ROH could compete with AEW for #2 or at least be a clear #3 in the States (not counting NJPW) but they've been horribly mismanaged since Sinclair took over and that was 10 years ago.

Tbf, their decline really started when NXT started signing everybody. From the 2015 and 2016 Final Battle cards, they lost KOR, Cole, Strong & Fish as long time ROH guys plus Lio Rush, Dijak, War Machine as 'newer' talent, & even Steve Corino & Nigel McGuinness left commentary. There's other guys like Punisher Martinez who left as well. They were bleeding talent for a long time, and didn't get much back (and uh, Bully Ray was one of them). The Elite and NJPW partnership managed to hold it out for awhile but they were the final blow.

Whenever I check ROH out, it's still good work. There's a ton of great wrestlers there, but Sinclair seems happy enough with ROH as it is, there's no real push for something more

Tbf, their decline really started when NXT started signing everybody. From the 2015 and 2016 Final Battle cards, they lost KOR, Cole, Strong & Fish as long time ROH guys plus Lio Rush, Dijak, War Machine as 'newer' talent, & even Steve Corino & Nigel McGuinness left commentary. There's other guys like Punisher Martinez who left as well. They were bleeding talent for a long time, and didn't get much back (and uh, Bully Ray was one of them). The Elite and NJPW partnership managed to hold it out for awhile but they were the final blow.

Whenever I check ROH out, it's still good work. There's a ton of great wrestlers there, but Sinclair seems happy enough with ROH as it is, there's no real push for something more

the real decline was when Gabe suffered burnout and was replaced. There were periods since when ROH was still good, but Gabe WAS ROH.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back