News Riley Bonner departs for St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Bonner is a sensational kick whether it be 60 plus metres to get through or over the oppo's defensive zone, or a 20 metre pass to a team mate in space, and in a team with numerous players who regularly couldn't hit the side of a barn ( including the captain ) foot skills like that are gold.
As for comparisons to Pittard, most running defenders will have their bomb scare moments from time to time but I suspect very few would get anywhere near 2-Dads 3 or 4 in just about every quarter.

Bonner is a sensational kick whether it be 60 plus metres to get through or over the oppo's defensive zone, or a 20 metre pass to a team mate in space, and in a team with numerous players who regularly couldn't hit the side of a barn ( including the captain ) foot skills like that are gold.
As for comparisons to Pittard, most running defenders will have their bomb scare moments from time to time but I suspect very few would get anywhere near 2-Dads 3 or 4 in just about every quarter.

Bonner's skills have never been in doubt, it's always been his physicality (or lack of) that's been the issue. He's fixed that somewhat lately. He's also got a good record in finals which counts for a lot in my opinion.

With any of the other lads?

The ones who were named previously I would imagine. Mitch 'He has to be traded' Georgiades and Fantasia are among them. Burton is in the US with Trav, so he will probably go too.

I can't wait to see the 2023 bonner

He's improved over the last few years and this could be his break out year
I reckon he will be pushed up to Amon's wing, so his output should be higher than we have seen him produce in the past in defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to shave that s**t moustache and get a real haircut

maxresdefault.jpg

RILEY BONNER​

(Goodwood Saints)
Turning 27 in March, Bonner may very well find his way on to another AFL list or end up in the SANFL after being delisted by Port Adelaide.

However, Bonner’s junior club Goodwood is said to be interested in the exciting flanker and he would prove to be a huge coup as the club aims to bounce back from its surprise drop to division two.

The article also mentions other Port players who could possibly play in the ammos too, lol

Lol straight to ammos.

Best list ever, they live and breathe their footy!
Remember when Jake Neade got dropped to the reserves by North Adelaide? Lol.

Sam Gray and Jack Trengove went straight to amateur league, less training more money why not? (Unless you still want an AFL career)
Bang on, more money in Div 2 and 3 footy than there is in the SANFL. With todays pressures why would you play SANFL football if you’re 27 and not getting onto an AFL list? Shoot even 23 and not getting on an SANFL list?

The $380k fine Gaza copped would be what they could find, Gaza aren’t alone. There needs to be an amnesty, players and clubs to open up and be honest to actually fix the issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back