Autopsy Review 2022 R7, v. St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

What Marshall needs to do is make games like Saturday night his floor, rather than the 4 disposal 0 goal type games we saw in the first couple of rounds. He's obviously not gonna kick 5 every week, but if he's bringing 10 disposals and a goal or an assist or two every week at a minimum while also throwing in the occasional big game, then he'll be more than fine.

What Marshall needs to do is make games like Saturday night his floor, rather than the 4 disposal 0 goal type games we saw in the first couple of rounds. He's obviously not gonna kick 5 every week, but if he's bringing 10 disposals and a goal or an assist or two every week at a minimum while also throwing in the occasional big game, then he'll be more than fine.

He had a bad habit of dropping his head when taking/trying overhead marks. I slow mo'ed him a few times and it was a thing.

Seems to have worked on it, now if he could take a leaf out of Jack Hayes book and develop stronger hands coz before he was injured Hayes

really knew how to hold on to a mark. He's never going to be a crash n bash like Dixon so when he has position needs to clunk'em more.

He had a bad habit of dropping his head when taking/trying overhead marks. I slow mo'ed him a few times and it was a thing.

Seems to have worked on it, now if he could take a leaf out of Jack Hayes book and develop stronger hands coz before he was injured Hayes

really knew how to hold on to a mark. He's never going to be a crash n bash like Dixon so when he has position needs to clunk'em more.
He's also taken a few whacks in the last couple of games and laughed them off.

This is a good sign as previously he'd act hurt.

The 50m penalty that Robbie got in the third quarter that turned into a goal. Does anyone have any idea what it was for?
Wasnt that the one where St Kilda had 3 players run off & four players run on, and the umpire on the side run on waving his hand calling for the penalty?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You say that with such confidence. I remember seeing other footage of it from a different angle in the after-show on Kayo - I am just not 100% sure it was for that incident.
I could go back and check - but we only get 1 lifetime and spending any of it watching any of that game again would be a massive waste of my precious diminishing minutes of existence

I could go back and check - but we only get 1 lifetime and spending any of it watching any of that game again would be a massive waste of my precious diminishing minutes of existence
LOL ... That would be a waste of time, because the replay shows nothing, and the aftershow is not available to view now. Thanks for giving up some of your most valuable time to provide the definitive "No," which now is not so definitive!

Aaah .. Home with the flu, I must have too much time on my hands.

LOL ... That would be a waste of time, because the replay shows nothing, and the aftershow is not available to view now. Thanks for giving up some of your most valuable time to provide the definitive "No," which now is not so definitive!

Aaah .. Home with the flu, I must have too much time on my hands.
I reaffirm my definitive 'no'

In fact I will go as far as upgrading it to a 'no!'

I reaffirm my definitive 'no'

In fact I will go as far as upgrading it to a 'no!'
Are You Sure Sesame Street GIF by Cartoon Network

Wasnt that the one where St Kilda had 3 players run off & four players run on, and the umpire on the side run on waving his hand calling for the penalty?
Our opposition has had an interchange infringement for two games in a row? Because that happened against West Coast.

For Robbie Gray's 50m penalty, there was maybe a St Kilda playing running 9m away from him and trailing a couple of metres behind his direct Port opponent. There was a Port player who cut directly behind Robbie, and maybe the umpire got confused. Or maybe there was dissent from a player somewhere else on the field about the playing leading up to Gray's mark that wasn't obvious.

Perhaps Marshall is stepping up because the Dixon safety net isn’t there?
Also players might have learnt not to bomb it to the Dixon non Dixons.

That pass from Burton on his left to Marshall where Todd marked 40m from goal 45 degree angle, and kicked our 5th and final goal, might well have been a slam it on the boot and bomb it to Dixon if Dixon was playing.

NoddyHolder is correct, Jack Steele ran through the protected area.

The commentators didn't even arc up about it, despite obviously wanting the "home" team to win so it must have been there.

He was probably only within 7-8m but the rules say 10 and he wasn't running alongside a Port player so he should have been more careful.

FYI if anyone else is a masochist - I've just gone to watch the replay on the AFL web site, and it's missing the first quarter. It also appears to be unedited from that point, including the half time break. I've emailed the AFL to advise and request a re-upload but who knows if that'll be read or actioned.

NoddyHolder is correct, Jack Steele ran through the protected area.

The commentators didn't even arc up about it, despite obviously wanting the "home" team to win so it must have been there.

He was probably only within 7-8m but the rules say 10 and he wasn't running alongside a Port player so he should have been more careful.
You can hear the umpire tell him to stay out as well.

I still think it is one where common sense should prevail as he was nowhere near interfering with the play but by the letter of the law...

You can hear the umpire tell him to stay out as well.

I still think it is one where common sense should prevail as he was nowhere near interfering with the play but by the letter of the law...
Agree, the rule needs to be changed so the umpire can make a decision on if the player has actually affected the play.

99.99% of the time, players are purely focused on getting to a defensive position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back