Banter RDT CLXXXVI - Trucko’s Salty Water

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to sound like Keys yelling at clouds and what not, but one of the youth's at work just said 'sozzleberries' to me and I've never wanted to uppercut myself more than I do right now

Why don’t you uppercut him instead?

Then say sozzleberries back.

I mean I'm 25 now so I feel like I'm entitled to be old and grumpy now

You’ve got a long way to go yet, you’re still a relative baby

If I could give my 25 year old self any advice I’d say in no particular order :

• Only value people who value you. Same goes for your loyalty
• Prioritise health
• Spend money wisely- if you don’t need it or it doesn’t bring you enjoyment it’s not worth it.
• Avoid debt as much as possible
• When making life decisions do what’s best for you but remember that helping people who need it makes you a better person
• Don’t be a Freo supporter

• Prioritise health
• Spend money wisely- if you don’t need it or it doesn’t bring you enjoyment it’s not worth it.
• When making life decisions do what’s best for you but remember that helping people who need it makes you a better person
Would be pretty confusing for your 25yo self to be told not to support a team that won't exist for 40 years.

Also, don’t waste time arguing with idiots
huhcover.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Prioritise health
If I could give my 25 year old self any advice I’d say:
• When creating a BigFooty account, Run! Just go! NOW!!
• Girls are just as insecure as you are.
• Don't watch Lost after season 2.

I'd already made most of my financial mistakes by 25 but I would have liked to tell myself to pay attention to my Super earlier and not to have a mortgage on interest only.

Simple lessons my parents never passed onto me that I will be passing onto my children.

I'd already made most of my financial mistakes by 25 but I would have liked to tell myself to pay attention to my Super earlier and not to have a mortgage on interest only.

Simple lessons my parents never passed onto me that I will be passing onto my children.
Good advice that. I fell backwards on my arse into the property market in 2004 and found myself in a government Super scheme through work. F*** knows where I'd be without those two major slices of luck.

Good advice that. I fell backwards on my arse into the property market in 2004 and found myself in a government Super scheme through work. F*** knows where I'd be without those two major slices of luck.

I was working up North at 19 getting 11% Super and had absolutely no idea. Noone looked it over for me, noone told me to set it up into a high risk portfolio, nothing. It was only in my early to mid 30s that I consolidated my Super and really looked into it all.

I was working up North at 19 getting 11% Super and had absolutely no idea. Noone looked it over for me, noone told me to set it up into a high risk portfolio, nothing. It was only in my early to mid 30s that I consolidated my Super and really looked into it all.
Yep, that's about the time you realise that working your whole life is sh*t and how the f*** do I escape this hell? Oh, superannuation!

Yep, that's about the time you realise that working your whole life is sh*t and how the f*** do I escape this hell? Oh, superannuation!
Now, listen to your Uncle SaC kids...

Salary sacrifice as much as you can, and sit back and gaze in awe at the wonders of compound interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back