Banter RDT 172 - Switching to wrestling chat. Not really Full Stop

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did FTA TV become so diabolically terrible? Was it:
a) when reality TV became increasingly popular
b) it slowly eroded as the internet became ubiquitous
c) when streaming services began dominating the landscape, or
d) it's always been diabolically terrible, we just didn't notice because that's all there was?

Genuine question, that. I rarely watch FTA these days but when I do I'm gobsmacked at how goddam sh*t it is.

Reality TV is due to the Writer's Guild strike. Executives realised they didn't need writers, only narcissists, a camera and an editor.

When did FTA TV become so diabolically terrible? Was it:
a) when reality TV became increasingly popular
b) it slowly eroded as the internet became ubiquitous
c) when streaming services began dominating the landscape, or
d) it's always been diabolically terrible, we just didn't notice because that's all there was?

Genuine question, that. I rarely watch FTA these days but when I do I'm gobsmacked at how goddam sh*t it is.
Bit of everything. TV networks don't make the money they used to. They need a certain amount of local content and reality TV is far cheaper to produce than anything else.

Scripted content is better on streaming services.

‘Reality’ content is too heavily scripted for people with brain cells to enjoy.

True reality content is best on live streams or YouTube.

Wrestling rises above all and is available on the Fite TV app, that’s F-I-T-E.

Do wrestling fans universally hate Sam Roberts ?

And you were doing so well

Right up to that 4th sentence which could only be made worse by replacing Wrestling with Lost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandman on Netflix is actually pretty good so far. The previews make it look crap so I wasn't expecting much but it was entertaining.

First episode wasn't great but it's picked up. Casting of the Endless is good so far (three down four to go) but I think Lucienne is a miscasting. It's not a good performance and probably should be an older actor.

First episode wasn't great but it's picked up. Casting of the Endless is good so far (three down four to go) but I think Lucienne is a miscasting. It's not a good performance and probably should be an older actor.
I've never actually read any of the comics or anything so I'm coming at it with fresh eyes, probably missing a fair bit but I've enjoyed it so far

The way she killed the Predator confused me. If the dart only goes where the helmet is aiming why did the Predator fire it when he wasn’t wearing it?

Yeah that was one of don't think too much I was referring to: from what I understood its gun and helmet were synchronised to shoot at the same time, so when it manually shot from the sidearm at her it also shot from the helmet separately. I think that was attempted to be explained when he brother first knocked the helmet of it back at the trapper camp.

My heart crushed into a million pieces when i realised wrestling was scripted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back