Banter RDT 172 - Switching to wrestling chat. Not really Full Stop

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone checked out 'Winning Time' the miniseries about the rise of the LA Lakers in the 80s?
Started watching it last week, been really good. Didn't realise just how much they and the league were struggling before Jerry Buss came along.

Interesting dynamics on how Magic Johnson came in and revitalised things, although looks like some dramatic liberties were taken.
Loved it, even my Mrs liked it and she hates sport

Loved it, even my Mrs liked it and she hates sport

Was watching it on a plane, was not expecting that much sex and nudity in the show which made it awkward haha

Palmer Vs McGowan defamation suit decided

Palmer awarded $5k for defamation
McGowan's countersuit awarded $20k for defamation

What an absolute waste of time to even allowed that to be heard.

Palmer Vs McGowan defamation suit decided

Palmer awarded $5k for defamation
McGowan's countersuit awarded $20k for defamation

What an absolute waste of time to even allowed that to be heard.

Outstanding use of money and the court system which is backed up significantly

Just so a couple of egomaniacs can carry on with their schoolyard level tit for tat

Outstanding use of money and the court system which is backed up significantly

Just so a couple of egomaniacs can carry on with their schoolyard level tit for tat

If you want to call McGowan an egomaniac it's a fair opinion - but in this case it was Clive that initiated the legal action - McGowan won't have counter-sued if Clive didn't launch the litigation in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picked a good day to fly to Karratha

Sat in the airport for 5 hours waiting for my flight only for an announcement to say flights been cancelled. No information about replacement flights and heard one bloke get told they aren’t paying for overnight accommodation cos it’s not their fault

Airline industry is a farce

Sat in the airport for 5 hours waiting for my flight only for an announcement to say flights been cancelled. No information about replacement flights and heard one bloke get told they aren’t paying for overnight accommodation cos it’s not their fault

How does the airport not have a generator?

How does the airport not have a generator?

simpsons-taxes.gif

Tell you what I'm glad I wasn't around in 2007 to say something stupid about JK

There’s a couple of tasty bumps that make for good reading in hindsight

Yeah some horrible calls there

I sort of recalled there was a bit of hesitancy about him because he was genuinely unproven at the time but there’s some real hostility about him from some posters. Particularly our multi quoter of days gone by

Sounds like a bad day to fly to Karratha imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back