Autopsy Rd 8: Dogs battle bravely and come up just short against Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

The group just lacks spirit right now.
I thought our plan was pretty poor (short, wide kicking when we have tall forwards? WTF?) but that was just a group that is no longer 100% "in" to the messaging from above.

For the record: I tipped the Hawks. Most predictable s**t in the world. Knowing my club down to the finest details has kept me in first place this tipping season.

Can the board just move him on. I don’t want to be right again for the next 15 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t blame the coach for players who are kicking off their shins.

Can blame the coach for the lack of confidence across the entire list.

Marra is not yet a good enough player to come straight back after 2 weeks AWOL. He was awful from start, and definitely at the finish.

Same problem as last year. No team defence and our bottom 6 players are VFL standard

One of the worst offield games I’ve ever witnessed from the footy club. Imagine having Bont on the bench for 7 minutes in the final term. He has all week to rest up. The rest of us are going to work tomorrow.
Imagine having VDM in the team?
And Gallagher too, he’s had a good run should have rest a couple of weeks ago.

shocked philip j fry GIF

I've got nothing to say about that cesspit of a game, but want to mention one thing - for a player with such faultless endeavour and courage, Liam Jones deserves more team success than he's ever been part of in the AFL.

Was too raw in 2009-10 to be part of either finals series, then spent time in the side during our Macca years, leaving at just the wrong time. 7 seasons at Carlton including 4 bottom 4 finishes, 2 spoons and no finals. Leaves Carlton just before they come good and now he's stuck in this team on a road to absolutely nowhere.

At this point he's unlikely to ever experience finals football in his career, which is a damn shame for a player of his calibre and career duration.

Thought the boys gave it a really good crack.

Looked well organised, just pipped by a really good opponent.

You gotta give the Hawks credit, they came with the right intensity.

It's not all doom and gloom, I'm sure our boys will learn from the experience.

It's another one that got away from us, so we'll lick our wounds and recalibrate for next week.

Last edited:
I'd be angry but the thing is I'm just not that shocked, near as soon as the Hawks got some momentum after our quick start we were cooked.

Now we find out if the board have the guts or not, any other club that would be a coach killing performance considering the history and the Eagles and Hawks losses last year. Reckon our good friend and fearless leader makes it through the season though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back