VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

How has Marchbank finished off the game? Need this guy. Could use durdin as well but i think that guy is fake news.

Casey win by three points.

So, if I’ve worked it out. Moir rested the third quarter and then replaced Cuners.

Durdin rested the last quarter.

Or they’re injured. But I don’t think so. It looked like player management because we had many of the same players.

Binns had 42 possessions. I said he’d rack up 40.

He deserves a game even if it’s as the sub.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How does an umpire wait and wait to blow his whistle for holding the ball. Then change his mind and give them a high free kick. Umpiring looked worse than last night. Complete bias one direction. 14-25 free kicks in favour of the team that had as many tackles as us.

How does an umpire wait and wait to blow his whistle for holding the ball. Then change his mind and give them a high free kick. Umpiring looked worse than last night. Complete bias one direction. 14-25 free kicks in favour of the team that had as many tackles as us.

Oh, the umpiring was rank.

But — we’re clearly using the VFL to manage our young kids and AFL blokes. If we were serious, Cuners (assuming he’s not injured) would have been in the guts in the last.

Marchbank played the full game. But Durdin didn’t (we were clearly too tall down back).

Or I’m wrong.

Orazio got plenty of the pill, but often his ball use was poor. No composure at all.

Carroll was good. But he’s depth at the moment.

Wilson will be a player. Can take his time in the reserves.

Moir needs a year in the AFL system. Has the silk but can’t get near the ball.

Binns had leather poisoning. Coughed it up a couple of times, but you will when you have 42 possessions.

Cuners showed silk, but he’s out of form.

Marchbank got better as the game went on. But needs another run in the reserves.

Young. I mean… he’s depth at best.

Akuei and Mirkov - both had their moments. But… it ain’t happening. Having said that, was Mirkov’s best game since coming back.

Monahan shows glimpses. Interesting to see how much he improves over a year.

O’Keefe much better game than last week.

Lemmey - he’s an enigma. Very much not ready yet. But you can sort of see what he could become.

Sam Durdin - wasn’t sighted in the second half. Might have been injured. Or the player management I mention above.

Orazio got plenty of the pill, but often his ball use was poor. No composure at all.

Carroll was good. But he’s depth at the moment.

Wilson will be a player. Can take his time in the reserves.

Moir needs a year in the AFL system. Has the silk but can’t get near the ball.

Binns had leather poisoning. Coughed it up a couple of times, but you will when you have 42 possessions.

Cuners showed silk, but he’s out of form.

Marchbank got better as the game went on. But needs another run in the reserves.

Young. I mean… he’s depth at best.

Akuei and Mirkov - both had their moments. But… it ain’t happening. Having said that, was Mirkov’s best game since coming back.

Monahan shows glimpses. Interesting to see how much he improves over a year.

O’Keefe much better game than last week.

Lemmey - he’s an enigma. Very much not ready yet. But you can sort of see what he could become.

Sam Durdin - wasn’t sighted in the second half. Might have been injured. Or the player management I mention above.

Thanks Mondy,

I glad to her Fantasia got some of the ball, he needs a few games to get his touch back and build some confidence.

Cuners should also spend a few weeks building some belief in his body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Wow Binnsy...
Perhaps plays as the sub again next week?

Not sure Binns as sub is good for club or him. Tough gig to expect him to come in to a game in Q4, adjust to the level and have any impact. I don't think he is physically capable yet... needs more time in the gym.

Expect Caroll gets a game ahead of him.

Binns is a real ball magnet. I just hope he's not one of those VFL guns who's game doesn't translate to AFL. I am confident in him, he's still improving. I'm still not sure what sort of player he will become. Perhaps he puts on weight and becomes a Sam/Tom Mitchell type onballer or perhaps he develops into a smart Steele Sidebottom type winger.

I can't see any of Lemmy, Akuei or Mirkov being on the list next season. Any tall who can't read the ball in the aid shouldn't be on a list. I think we will be looking for another ruck. I'm not taken with the hype around O'Keefe either. 4 players who if the ball is kicked to them are found in the wrong position more often than the right position to mark or spoil.

We are playing a bottom table VFL side. Anyone good enough to be around the best 22 of the AFL side should be domination and only one player did and that was Binns. Fantasia and Carroll were ok but ok doesn't suggest you are an AFL player. Cuningham needs to do more to keep himself in the game at this level. He should be someone who goes back to VFL and dominates. Gets his 25-35 possessions, kicks goals etc. I'm guessing the work rate and desire is not there.

Wilson is a skinny kid who has a competative edge, attacks the ball hard. Some of the dropped senior players could learn a bit from how he goes about it. He's a fair way off AFL but he will get there.

We had a clutch of senior players and we got very little out of them which is disappointing.

Marchbank shouldnt be considered for seniors until hes dominating vfl games for a 3 week stretch. Would love to see him play the rest of the vfl season and be ready to go in 2025.
Marchbank is the type of player who will perform better in the AFL rather than the VFL. Once fit enough, he's in.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Not sure Binns as sub is good for club or him. Tough gig to expect him to come in to a game in Q4, adjust to the level and have any impact. I don't think he is physically capable yet... needs more time in the gym.

Caroll needs continuity whether that is in VFL or AFL, whilst I’m not one for gifting games - the opportunity now is for him to come in for Cerra for a few weeks now and participate and contribute to the midfield rotation.

Yea.

The skill level is higher, which suits a player who reads the play so well.

VFL is very scrappy in comparison.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Binns is a real ball magnet. I just hope he's not one of those VFL guns who's game doesn't translate to AFL. I am confident in him, he's still improving. I'm still not sure what sort of player he will become. Perhaps he puts on weight and becomes a Sam/Tom Mitchell type onballer or perhaps he develops into a smart Steele Sidebottom type winger.

I can't see any of Lemmy, Akuei or Mirkov being on the list next season. Any tall who can't read the ball in the aid shouldn't be on a list. I think we will be looking for another ruck. I'm not taken with the hype around O'Keefe either. 4 players who if the ball is kicked to them are found in the wrong position more often than the right position to mark or spoil.

We are playing a bottom table VFL side. Anyone good enough to be around the best 22 of the AFL side should be domination and only one player did and that was Binns. Fantasia and Carroll were ok but ok doesn't suggest you are an AFL player. Cuningham needs to do more to keep himself in the game at this level. He should be someone who goes back to VFL and dominates. Gets his 25-35 possessions, kicks goals etc. I'm guessing the work rate and desire is not there.

Wilson is a skinny kid who has a competative edge, attacks the ball hard. Some of the dropped senior players could learn a bit from how he goes about it. He's a fair way off AFL but he will get there.

We had a clutch of senior players and we got very little out of them which is disappointing.
Binns more likely to be a Sidebottom type than a Mitchell clone.
Still time for Lemmey and O’Keefe. Wilson and Carroll showing enough.
Cuningham unlikely to be at Carlton next year IMO.

Bring Binns in for a full game against Gold Coast at Marvel I reckon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back