Senior 2. Lachlan Cowan

Remove this Banner Ad

From the highlights he reminds me of Hayden Young from Freo.

I reckon Lachie could end up being our pick of the crop from this year's draftees.

Looked a jet in the games I've watched during the U18 Champs - one of those players that you watch and think that some club will be lucky to get him, but not even contemplating it'd be us. Gotta admit I did a little fist pump when his name was read out.

Hopefully the lure of the Tassie team doesn't send him back home. Over the next 5 or so years, he'll have the attraction of playing for the club he's supported all of his life pushing hard in finals, and in front of huge crowds - as well as playing alongside some superstars of the game. Fingers crossed that'll keep him on board.

Welcome on board Lachie - and navy blue looks a lot better than green :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having just been back to my home state (Tassie) for a few days, I reckon there is a bit more to play out with the AFL team entry. Gil the Dill tied it all in with building a new stadium. The state govt will cough up half, but where the other half comes from will be interesting to see. And there is plenty of local opposition to spending $750m on a stadium too.

I imagine a team will still get up. But the timeline might get pushed out.

Anyway… go Lachie Cowan! I’m looking forward to seeing you in the navy blue!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back