Prediction R11 Changes V Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

it’s great that Dogs have hit their best form of 2024 last week, carry that into this week and I think you might get us. We’ve been up for a while, had multiple short breaks in a row, and are due a loss(I know you have 5 days break this week so not ideal).

Think we will thump Geelong after the bye but this week will be super close.

Your forward line alongside Carlton’s is the best in the league. If you can break even in the midfield, which Carlton didn't, it may rain goals for you.

We do like playing Marvel so this will no doubt be match of the round. Hoping for a free flowing match with zero injuries.

I like fast players.
Aren't you posting elsewhere how easy this week is going to be?

No Fox or McCartin this week.

If ever the dogs are going to kick a score against then this is the chance

Aren't you posting elsewhere how easy this week is going to be?
lol I always tip swans for undefeated for fun. But Was very worried about Carlton and This game too. Not so worried about Geelong.

Have posted before on your board that I think it’s ridiculous bookies had you at $26-1 odds given the talent across the park. Still think you’ll make a run and make the 8.

??

They have 3 best 22 players out and 1 of those hasn’t played a minute this year.
If we get enough quality service we can exploit the lack of key defenders. Swans put a lot of heat on the ball so it's a big if. I dare say they are very worries about Darcy in particular he's a match up nightmare

??

They have 3 best 22 players out and 1 of those hasn’t played a minute this year.

Tom McCartin being out leaves a huge hole in their defence and means they have to play Aaron Francis.

This is huge for us.

Tom McCartin being out leaves a huge hole in their defence and means they have to play Aaron Francis.

This is huge for us.
Francis really improves with game time, last year it took him a week to get going. But your right I was disappointed with mcCartin being out again. The one you may have overlooked though is Melican. He's having a fantastic year. So him Francis and rampe are working well together. Hope I haven't intruded and thanks for actually talking about match ups and not just your players, your board is a good read

Francis really improves with game time, last year it took him a week to get going. But your right I was disappointed with mcCartin being out again. The one you may have overlooked though is Melican. He's having a fantastic year. So him Francis and rampe are working well together. Hope I haven't intruded and thanks for actually talking about match ups and not just your players, your board is a good read

Melican and Rampe are great defenders for sure, but I just feel like our size with Jamarra and Naugton + one of English and Darcy floating forward may/should cause an issue for your defence.

I'm really intrigued to see how the game goes, feel like there are really good match ups around the ground and will be interesting to see how our midfield stacks up.

I have loved watching the Swans this year, they are playing some ridiculously high quality footy. Grateful if you could let us have this one though, would be huge for our season.

Swans are one of the few interstate sides who consistently give us a good workout at Marvel, from memory our last few wins against them at Marvel have been close and they were one of the only few sides to beat us at Marvel in 2021. So even if we're on form it won't be easy but I bloody hope we can pinch this.

Are they "too big of a club" for them to play at Ballarat? Wouldn't mind getting them down there at a stage. I'd rather play Sydney at Ballarat and have Giants at Marvel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English is got to be competitive against Grundy for a change before we can worry about our forwards doing damage.

Carlton having Curnow and McKay didn’t help in the third quarter last week whilst Warner and Heeney were rampant.

Yeah we need English to make sure he drinks his concrete on Thursday morning.

I think the compressed SCG saves the Swans individual KPDs to an extent. If we can move the ball quickly enough so that we have even numbers in our 50 and they can’t always get an extra man up it’ll help immensely. GWS had Taylor, Himmelberg and Buckley back there and it was wet and they still got exposed by Darcy deep and Naughton up the ground. Melican and Francis are well off Taylor and Himmelberg and Rampe although quality is undersized compared to our forwards. I think Blakey will need to be pretty alert defensively for them.

That being said, they have a quicker midfield than us and I imagine they’ll be pretty active in getting back to clog things up and support their KPDs.

English is got to be competitive against Grundy for a change before we can worry about our forwards doing damage.

Carlton having Curnow and McKay didn’t help in the third quarter last week whilst Warner and Heeney were rampant.
Have to at the very least break even in clearances. And not allow too many clean centre square clearances, I fear their forwards will dine out if that happens.
Will have to be careful with our mid rotations as they have a lot of damaging run. Huge test for Timmy against Grundy could have a big bearing on the result.

This will be a huge test for where we are at in the evolution of our game style
You said "it". Bevo would be proud

English is got to be competitive against Grundy
Assume he'll get the Gawn treatment and sit against Tim at centre bounces to prevent him running and jumping. Wonder what our plan is for it.

Whatever Keath's failing he has added a lot of experience down back. A good move to bring him back
I liked the fact that he showed consistent improvement in form in the vfl before earning a call up. Deserved his spot.

Hopefully more reserve players continue to put pressure on senior selection so we see less senior players in their comfort zone. We need our side to play with a desperate edge.

Hopefully more reserve players continue to put pressure on senior selection so we see less senior players in their comfort zone. We need our side to play with a desperate edge.
I see what you did there 👍

Love it when we have salty, sooky whingy, pissy, moany Swans lurking on our board liking our posts rolling our collective eyes at their pathetic moaning eight years on.

Please sir, can we have some more moaning?

Delicious. Anyhow, on with the change discussion.

IMG_1688.jpeg

Love it when we have salty, sooky whingy, pissy, moany Swans lurking on our board liking our posts rolling our collective eyes at their pathetic moaning eight years on.

Please sir, can we have some more moaning?

Delicious. Anyhow, on with the change discussion.

View attachment 1996524
It's odd, I'd much rather avoid discussion about the 2021 grand final as much as possible.

I guess the collective arrogance in not being able to accept the fact that your own team wasn't good enough on the day, and finding a reason to excuse the loss as due to the AFL conceding a grand total of 3 or 4 poor free kick decisions in a 4 goal loss, means you pathetically bleat and moan about a game for the next decade or more.

It's nice to be reminded of that brilliant day every time you see a Swans fan posting on Bigfooty since any topic of discussion inevitably turns towards the result of that one glorious game. Long may it continue.

TIL - Sydney supporters actually believe they lost because of the umpiring in 2016. They were dominated in every stat.

Is this a case of mass Hysteria? Enough delusional people have been sooking for so long it seems their whole fan base believe it haha.

If anything we were hard done by through umpiring that day, but good teams find a way to win.

At 33 years old , Rampe is still a very good player & hitting his old heights . He’s one of my favourite opposition players, I love a good intercept marker.

Let’s hope Spangher gets out the whiteboard & magnets this week for a good old fashioned “don’t kick it to Rampe” session.

Grundy has dominated Tim from the get go before & had him beaten long before they stepped through the ropes , our big man needs to keep his chin up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back