Sim QootyPy - Alpha v3.0 Released

Remove this Banner Ad

No, what is it
The original points ranking system for SFA, designed by Mobbs before the sim started generating DT points. Puts more emphasis on goals, marks, tackles and frees for and doesn't penalise frees against as much.

Dream Team formula; Goals x6 + Tackles x4 + Kicks x3 + Marks x3 + Handballs x2 + Hitouts x1 + Frees For x1 + Behinds x1 - Frees against x3
Exie formula: Goals x8 + Marks x5 + Tackles x5 + Kicks x3 + Handballs x2 + Frees For x2 + Behinds x1 + Hitouts x1 - Frees Against x 2

Barrybran thanks for that, applied formula to my test run and it's shown that it might be worth looking at how the official votes are handed out

Votes were 3. PMBangers (52 EXIE) 2. TJASTA (35 EXIE) 1. grumblesguts (64 EXIE)

missing the like of MrPremiership (85), GreyCrow (83), damicky (81), Brunswick Trap King (133)

Barrybran thanks for that, applied formula to my test run and it's shown that it might be worth looking at how the official votes are handed out

missing the like of MrPremiership (85), GreyCrow (83), damicky (81), Brunswick Trap King (133)
What positions were they in? (I haven't run a test myself yet)

What positions were they in? (I haven't run a test myself yet)
Bangers Back Pocket, TJASTA Forward Pocket, grumbleguts Forward Pocket

MrP Back Flank, GreyCrow Ruck, damicky half back, brunswick trap king half forward

Hey KP, how far away are match up reports/ DT additions?
Match up reports will be what I work on next, DT is not a priority as they can easily be calculated in excel.

Yeah the votes are weird at the moment but will be adjusted later on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exies continue to be attributed to me after all these years, despite them being devised originally by X_box_X - which is why they are called exies!

All hail the box within the exes. We hardly knew him.
Wow there's a name I haven't seen in a while.

QootyPy Alpha v2.0

Alright QootyPy Alpha v2.0 is now released which includes matchup reports at the end of the game below the final score in the commentary file.

This represents a completion of all the core features of the current sim that is necessary to replicate the SFA experience.

Next up, I will need to tinker with the form calculations for BOG votes, as well as the proportion of stats to scoring among other issues e.g. centre gets an inflated stats because by default all centre bounces will be roved by centre players.

Other more aesthetic features that improve presentation will need to be worked on in the next phase.

Alright QootyPy Alpha v2.0 is now released which includes matchup reports at the end of the game below the final score in the commentary file.

This represents a completion of all the core features of the current sim that is necessary to replicate the SFA experience.

Next up, I will need to tinker with the form calculations for BOG votes, as well as the proportion of stats to scoring among other issues e.g. centre gets an inflated stats because by default all centre bounces will be roved by centre players.

Other more aesthetic features that improve presentation will need to be worked on in the next phase.

Great work on this.

From memory I enabled centre bounce balls to get roved by any random player among W, C, W, R, RR & Rov, 6 options or 12 across both teams. I get that it makes it more complicated but the experience benefits as a result.

Great work on this.

From memory I enabled centre bounce balls to get roved by any random player among W, C, W, R, RR & Rov, 6 options or 12 across both teams. I get that it makes it more complicated but the experience benefits as a result.
Yep my plan would be similar, perhaps only the roved by the wings or centers because the followers already have a probability of being involved in any transaction.

Not sure where to ask this:

Does QootyPy track some of the 'newer' stat categories used in AFL such as goals against, clearances, i50s, r50s ?
The earliest version won't but the feature could added in if I update it subsequently.

The earliest version won't but the feature could added in if I update it subsequently.
Was randomly musing the lack of defensive stats in the current sim, I figured goals against would be the easiest to implement.

Qooty Alpha v3.0

Another update, this will be the final one before I can put out a beta version which would mean something resembling the final product.

What's been added:
  • when simming a game, abbreviations of player names will be shown on screen so you can see where players are at etc.
  • weather conditions are now shown on the sim screen and in the beginning of the commentary file
  • in the settings, the sim speed is now adjustable
  • additional weather option added - total 4
  • at the conclusion of the sim game, the app will go to a 'match summary' that shows the player stats instead of immediately going to the main menu screen
  • BB code for forum-friendly posting has been incorporated into the commentary file
  • initial reveal of lineups can now include jumper numbers if it is filled in, in the team submission spreadsheet once at the start of the season.
  • Disposals for centre bounces are now distributed more evenly between the centre and the wings

Only things left to do:
  • add a more diverse range of commentary lines
  • sort out a more logical calculation of BOG votes.

Hey mate. Apologies for not getting around to this earlier but I've run a game using the latest version and it would be good to get a few more of the aesthetics right in terms of output. I'm sure you're way ahead of me on this but I'll add my feedback anyway.

Player input - I like the numbers but it would mean mandating player numbers and using them in teamsheet submissions or the simmers applying an arbitrary number to players who don't have a number according to the squad submission.

Commentary - looks very clean. What's the method behind the madness behind including match ups in the commentary file instead of the stats output? You've addressed expanding on the commentary.

Stats - a bit all over the shop if I'm being completely honest.
  • I think the quarter-by-quarter scores should be expanded similar to a typical AFL box score
  • I think player stats would be cleaner side-by-side but this is easily fixed in Excel
  • Obviously missing Dream Team scores but you've addressed this as well
  • Where does the "Â" come from? Again, easily fixed in Excel but definitely something I'd aim to clean up on the sim side
  • Team stats don't look right in a table format on a computer screen. Using code would be better unless we can convince the big guy to update table settings for the entire site! (not an unreasonable request in my opinion)
  • Scoring summary - brilliant. Super clean and easy to manipulate in Excel for stat heads
  • Match ups - I'm getting some funky code before the actual match up commentary. eg. ('\xa0Cubs2Lions\xa0', '\xa0A Swallow\xa0'); 102 to 111; In a tough battle, Cubs2Lions and A Swallow were more or less evenly matched.
  • I would strongly recommend taking the votes out of the 'PlayerStats' file and including them in a separate file where possible
  • Outside of the team stats, the table formatting is very clean however to get the most out of this format you would need to dump everything into a separate table to take advantage of copy + paste. For this reason, I think the BB code format is better but might mean some playing around in the Python coding.
I also noticed additional spaces around player names in both the commentary and scoring summary files. Certainly not a huge issue but one I would expect to be noticed and probably easily fixed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back