Sim QootyPy - Alpha v3.0 Released

Remove this Banner Ad

OK so I've just notice that the fix I did to prevent teammates tackling each other has led to all the followers doing absolutely no tackling.

I'm not bothered by this.

something I was thinking about, if the game is close, kick after the siren?
Nah, if a kick is a shot at goal, and its result occurs in the same loop so no time elapses. The latest a score can happen is on the siren, nothing after it.

It's way too complicated to specifically code in IF "Mark" and time = [end of quarter] allow another kick for something that will be extremely rare.

QootyPy Alpha v1.5

Hey guys, I anticipate I won't have too much time to work on this for the next few months so I'm releasing an interim version. Not all the core features have been implemented yet but a few fixes include:

- instances of player marking their own ball is removed
- instances of player being subbed off for themselves will result in a note in commentary of them getting worked on by the physio or something
- clunky repeat commentary lines have been mitigated
- the final line of commentary indicating a 'hitout' in the 5th quarter is eliminated and replaced with 'Match Over!!'

- some weather options have been added, there is a settings screen where you can select the weather conditions for the next sim. It is set to 'random' by default.
- form calculation which will form the basis for BOG votes have been added -> end of sim will generate a form.csv. Will be refined in subsequent versions.
- interchange log has been added, a csv file will be generated at end of game
- a csv file for total team stats will be generated at end of game

Give it a test and let me know if the experience has improved from the initial version , provide feedback on any bugs you find and on added features. Thanks

Last edited:

Hey guys, I anticipate I won't have too much time to work on this for the next few months so I'm releasing an interim version. Not all the core features have been implemented yet but a few fixes include:

- instances of player marking their own ball is removed
- instances of player being subbed off for themselves will result in a note in commentary of them getting worked on by the physio or something
- clunky repeat commentary lines have been mitigated
- the final line of commentary indicating a 'hitout' in the 5th quarter is eliminated and replaced with 'Match Over!!'

- some weather options have been added, there is a settings screen where you can select the weather conditions for the next sim. It is set to 'random' by default.
- form calculation which will form the basis for BOG votes have been added -> end of sim will generate a form.csv. Will be refined in subsequent versions.
- interchange log has been added, a csv file will be generated at end of game
- a csv file for total team stats will be generated at end of game

Give it a test and let me know if the experience has improved from the initial version , provide feedback on any bugs you find and on added features. Thanks
The link is dead for me :(

Above is the onedrive link to an initial version of QootyPy

Instructions after download

- fill in the TeamSelection.xls spreadsheet with the names you want to select for home and away teams
- attempt to run the python_qooty.exe , this will hopefully work without needing you to download anything else.
> If this does not work then download python from Welcome to Python.org and try the .py file​
- let me know if you're still having trouble, you will probably need to download pip install, pandas or others if you're not a regular python user
- let me know if you're able to successfully sim a game and generate a commentary and stats file
How do I change the teams?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't imagine your app actually "needing" MS Office. So I guess something it needs gets installed due to MS Office also needing it?
It reads the teams and players from an excel file which users manually enter the data in. Its a workaround given my previous attempts to make a team and player selection menu in-app failed miserably.

Not sure MS Office is the issue, I run Linux (Void Linux for any one who even knows what Linux is) and got it running, by running the python_qooty.py file directly with my system's version of Python (python3). I had to install a few dependencies that were missing but all were available in my system repo.

However the main problem was the python script looking for "TeamSelection.xls" but the file is called "TeamSelection.xlsx", so renaming that worked. I changed the name in the script itself but in hindsight probably should have just renamed the excel file.

Screenshot_2021-09-28_14-23-26.png

I didn't realise I needed to download all three files. I had only downloaded the executable. I have all 3 files now.
However the error continues.
I note that it's not instant, suggesting that the program is getting some part of its process done, before it comes up against whatever is breaking it.

Yeah so, I don't have ms office.
I got a windows app called neat office, but when I edit the teams with that still no difference.

one thing I did notice is that the things are already filled in, so the team list shouldn't be the issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back