Sim QootyPy - Alpha v3.0 Released

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a fantastic effort KP!

lol
{1}[h_FF] 1:15: The Filth Wizard launches a massive torp
{1}[h_FF] 1:15: The Filth Wizard has blazed away at goal and doesn't even score

Little observations of the text but no biggy. I'm happy to keep going through them unless they're so fiddly to fix that it's not worth it?

Lynchy04 gets it but Bangers pinged for throwing it.

{1}[a_rFP] 9:02: Lynchy04 runs onto a loose ball
{1}[h_lBP] 9:09: Umpire says PMBangers has thrown the ball

Strange sequence of events? Lynchy gets it, Wacky runs out then Lynchy passes it off. Random event put in the middle?

{1}[Contest] 9:34: Lynchy04 runs onto a loose ball
{1}[a_rFP] 9:37: Wacky Tiger manages to break out into space
{1}[a_rFP] 9:41: Lynchy04 passes the ball laterally with quick hands

Bangers breaks into space but Spooky kicks it

{1}[h_lBP] 10:02: PMBangers manages to break out into space
{1}[h_lBP] 10:05: spookism launches a massive torp

Filthy likes to kick it to himself like the Irish.

{1}[h_FF] 12:13: The Filth Wizard chips the ball sideways
{1}[h_FF] 12:16: The Filth Wizard takes an easy mark uncontested

3 players do things with the Qooty but i'm guessing we don't always see the hand off event?

{1}[h_lW] 16:03: Fitzey is wins it from the bottom of the pack
{1}[a_rW] 16:07: Wacky Tiger manages to break out into space
{1}[a_rW] 16:11: crazywildhorse goes for a run and takes a bounce

cwh doesn't want to share the ball

{2}[a_rW] 4:14: crazywildhorse is wins it from the bottom of the pack
{2}[h_lW] 4:18: The ball has spilled loose
{2}[Contest] 4:22: crazywildhorse runs onto a loose ball
{2}[a_rW] 4:25: crazywildhorse manages to break out into space
{2}[a_rW] 4:29: crazywildhorse passes the ball laterally with quick hands
{2}[a_rW] 4:32: crazywildhorse runs onto a loose ball
{2}[a_rW] 4:39: Tigerturbulance manages to break out into space
{2}[a_rW] 4:43: crazywildhorse releases a teammate with a quick handball
{2}[a_rW] 4:46: crazywildhorse manages to break out into space
{2}[a_rW] 4:53: crazywildhorse chips the ball sideways
{2}[a_rW] 4:56: There is a free kick paid to crazywildhorse
{2}[a_rW] 5:03: crazywildhorse passes the ball laterally with quick hands
{2}[a_rW] 5:07: crazywildhorse runs onto a loose ball
{2}[h_lW] 5:14: crazywildhorse lays a crunching tackle on Fitzey

Last edited:
Mine doesn't work from the .exe file either. I just installed python then pycharm and a few of the pre-requisites (pygame, pandas, something else) and away I go.
Probably openpyxl, at least that was one of the things including pygame and pandas I had to install on my non-Windows platform.

Little observations of the text but no biggy. I'm happy to keep going through them unless they're so fiddly to fix that it's not worth it?

Lynchy04 gets it but Bangers pinged for throwing it.

{1}[a_rFP] 9:02: Lynchy04 runs onto a loose ball
{1}[h_lBP] 9:09: Umpire says PMBangers has thrown the ball

Strange sequence of events? Lynchy gets it, Wacky runs out then Lynchy passes it off. Random event put in the middle?

{1}[Contest] 9:34: Lynchy04 runs onto a loose ball
{1}[a_rFP] 9:37: Wacky Tiger manages to break out into space
{1}[a_rFP] 9:41: Lynchy04 passes the ball laterally with quick hands

Bangers breaks into space but Spooky kicks it

{1}[h_lBP] 10:02: PMBangers manages to break out into space
{1}[h_lBP] 10:05: spookism launches a massive torp

Filthy likes to kick it to himself like the Irish.

{1}[h_FF] 12:13: The Filth Wizard chips the ball sideways
{1}[h_FF] 12:16: The Filth Wizard takes an easy mark uncontested

3 players do things with the Qooty but i'm guessing we don't always see the hand off event?

{1}[h_lW] 16:03: Fitzey is wins it from the bottom of the pack
{1}[a_rW] 16:07: Wacky Tiger manages to break out into space
{1}[a_rW] 16:11: crazywildhorse goes for a run and takes a bounce

cwh doesn't want to share the ball

{2}[a_rW] 4:14: crazywildhorse is wins it from the bottom of the pack
{2}[h_lW] 4:18: The ball has spilled loose
{2}[Contest] 4:22: crazywildhorse runs onto a loose ball
{2}[a_rW] 4:25: crazywildhorse manages to break out into space
{2}[a_rW] 4:29: crazywildhorse passes the ball laterally with quick hands
{2}[a_rW] 4:32: crazywildhorse runs onto a loose ball
{2}[a_rW] 4:39: Tigerturbulance manages to break out into space
{2}[a_rW] 4:43: crazywildhorse releases a teammate with a quick handball
{2}[a_rW] 4:46: crazywildhorse manages to break out into space
{2}[a_rW] 4:53: crazywildhorse chips the ball sideways
{2}[a_rW] 4:56: There is a free kick paid to crazywildhorse
{2}[a_rW] 5:03: crazywildhorse passes the ball laterally with quick hands
{2}[a_rW] 5:07: crazywildhorse runs onto a loose ball
{2}[h_lW] 5:14: crazywildhorse lays a crunching tackle on Fitzey
I think these might be just a result of limitations of my coding ability.
I thought I fixed the issue of players marking their own kick in this update but seems to still occur every now and then.

Just tried running it. Crashes as soon as I click "Play Qooty"
same here, seems to be common issue
The issue is probably as T2B_ pointed out, the teamselection file is saved as xlsx instead of xls. Try redownloading or saving that file as Excel 97-2003.

Kennedy Parker did you want the details from the Super League sh*t? It's a bit fu** organisationally but there's the resources to understand who's played when and in what weather setting, just no commentary
Sure that'll be great

QootyPy Alpha v1.6

Small update since the last version.

• the interchange log issue recording players swapping benches is now resolved ( attn Barrybran )
  • you might notice some more quirky commentary if the sim attempts to interchange players already on the bench
  • 3-2-1 BOG votes will appear below the player stats at the end of the game
  • a scoring summary is now produced in the end of game reports

The only real core functionality remaining is the direct match-ups between players which will prove a bit of a hurdle, but other than that the rest of the code would be aesthetic issues.

Small update since the last version.

• the interchange log issue recording players swapping benches is now resolved ( attn Barrybran )
  • you might notice some more quirky commentary if the sim attempts to interchange players already on the bench
  • 3-2-1 BOG votes will appear below the player stats at the end of the game
  • a scoring summary is now produced in the end of game reports

The only real core functionality remaining is the direct match-ups between players which will prove a bit of a hurdle, but other than that the rest of the code would be aesthetic issues.
I think it's a pretty big corner turned today when an old buddy texted me on IG asking for help getting Qooty working and I said to him he should come and get QootyPy now cos it's pretty much good to go for stand-alone matches. So that'll be an off-site test subject and if he has issues I'll refer them back to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I haven't looked at it for a while so I couldn't remember offhand if I knew the answers to these questions. So I just collected them for your info instead. But even if I could answer him, the fact it wasn't fully intuitive is probably useful, too.

LW_convo.png

To be honest I haven't looked at it for a while so I couldn't remember offhand if I knew the answers to these questions. So I just collected them for your info instead. But even if I could answer him, the fact it wasn't fully intuitive is probably useful, too.

View attachment 1315221
There's an excel sheet for the teams and players. Just open it, replace the team and player names, save it and run it again.

What are game logs referring to?

There's an excel sheet for the teams and players. Just open it, replace the team and player names, save it and run it again.

Ahh yeah spreadsheet, I remember now.
Game logs would mean commentary and stats files.

Ahh yeah spreadsheet, I remember now.
Game logs would mean commentary and stats files.
Mobbs, would I be right in saying your friend means saved games in the sim, like we currently have? At the moment you need to save the game files before setting up a new one.

Mobbs, would I be right in saying your friend means saved games in the sim, like we currently have? At the moment you need to save the game files before setting up a new one.
He'd mean game stats and commentary etc. Like, yeah, I guess that could equate to "saved games in the sim". In Qooty, if you had the settings set to do it, every game would create about 4 output files representing a snapshot of what happened. He'd be after that, for sure - those being overall the most important products of using the sim.

What's it mean to "need to sabe game files" ... do you mean that game files are created but they will be over-written next match, so you gotta kinda remember to copy them somewhere manually before playing another match? I can understand that. Qooty was like that before I brought it to Bigfooty haha.

He'd mean game stats and commentary etc. Like, yeah, I guess that could equate to "saved games in the sim". In Qooty, if you had the settings set to do it, every game would create about 4 output files representing a snapshot of what happened. He'd be after that, for sure - those being overall the most important products of using the sim.

What's it mean to "need to sabe game files" ... do you mean that game files are created but they will be over-written next match, so you gotta kinda remember to copy them somewhere manually before playing another match? I can understand that. Qooty was like that before I brought it to Bigfooty haha.
Exactly what I meant

I don't think I'll end up coding any fixturing or ladders in app. QootyPy is pretty purpose built for the Sweet FA and if the app needed to have an internal memory, retrieve historical match logs from external files that would add several more layers of complexity that is beyond my skill level.

I don't think I'll end up coding any fixturing or ladders in app. QootyPy is pretty purpose built for the Sweet FA and if the app needed to have an internal memory, retrieve historical match logs from external files that would add several more layers of complexity that is beyond my skill level.
Meh you don't need skills - I have none. You just need to fury. Have you tried yelling at the screen until it fell into place. This has worked wonders for me!

Meh you don't need skills - I have none. You just need to fury. Have you tried yelling at the screen until it fell into place. This has worked wonders for me!
No I generally exhaust all of my fury when I see you express an opinion about how the league should operate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back