QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Moreton Bay straight into Div 3 hey?
Surely that’s on AFLQ?
Probably not wise. Is it a merger with narangba? Half the team are permits

Moreton Bay straight into Div 3 hey?
Surely that’s on aflq??
Looks like they put Moreton in Div 3 to suit agenda and fielding numbers in that comp but yet put Southport in Div 4 of the south. Made Caloundra go into Div 4 last year and others before that.

Southport should be moved straight into Div 3 stop the byes. Couple more ex NEAFL players about to sign
Loves the cheque book Aj

Last edited:
I’ll leave Aj and KP to sort that out. I can only presume you guys are former teammates.

It’s funny how some competition rules are steadfast, can’t be broken & unfair to set a precedent. Yet here we are with Moreton Bay straight to Div 3 North when everyone else has to earn their stripes via Div 4 and Coorparoo with 2 teams after so many previous rejections.

And based on the results on Friday night there is probably an argument that Eagles should have gone to Div 3 south to even out the numbers & draw. But as it turns out that comp appears to need someone to test Southport.

I’ll leave Aj and KP to sort that out. I can only presume you guys are former teammates.

It’s funny how some competition rules are steadfast, can’t be broken & unfair to set a precedent. Yet here we are with Moreton Bay straight to Div 3 North when everyone else has to earn their stripes via Div 4 and Coorparoo with 2 teams after so many previous rejections.

And based on the results on Friday night there is probably an argument that Eagles should have gone to Div 3 south to even out the numbers & draw. But as it turns out that comp appears to need someone to test Southport.
We’re still team mates, and great mates. KP just hasn’t been to training yet 😉.

Yea the rules are there for a reason as I sure some teams come in with over the top ambition and don’t have the cattle to back it up, so it stops that.

We have a genuine goal of building a long term team and getting up the divisions so sustainability is our key focus.

Looking forward to playing more into the year and seeing how we stack up against every side.

Cooly are a great side, they move the ball well and have a great game structure, don’t let the score from the weekend fool you they will be up there during the year for sure.

I think the competition needs a major overhaul. AFLQ have rules for some and not others. We have some clubs that now have 2 teams, there’s clubs that clearly want the stay in lower division but can clearly play higher and wtf is there a bye in every comp, undefeated premiership sides not going up etc. The clubs haven’t been consulted since Leigh Harding was looking after it. The major factor for Friday night games was travel and now with some 34 sides and growing I think it’s time to have 3 divisions North, Central & South. It elevates travel and it’s pretty simple if you’re a new team you know what competition you’ll play in so you have to be 100% aware.

There's only one thing consistent with AFLQ decisions, they will bend/break them for their "favoured" (for lack of a better word) clubs or mates.
And it bites them more times than not.

I think the competition needs a major overhaul. AFLQ have rules for some and not others. We have some clubs that now have 2 teams, there’s clubs that clearly want the stay in lower division but can clearly play higher and wtf is there a bye in every comp, undefeated premiership sides not going up etc. The clubs haven’t been consulted since Leigh Harding was looking after it. The major factor for Friday night games was travel and now with some 34 sides and growing I think it’s time to have 3 divisions North, Central & South. It elevates travel and it’s pretty simple if you’re a new team you know what competition you’ll play in so you have to be 100% aware.
Totally agree. Having two teams in the Friday night scene will only ever suit the team that has the two teams. I’d be very interested in knowing how many 16-19 year olds are playing in either of Coops two teams. I highly doubt they’d be putting them into the div 3 south team as that’s clearly their stronger side. And what happens next year when they go QAFL. They have 5 men’s teams? Highly doubt that they will just dissolve the div 3 north team after just one year.

In the div 3 and 4 south comps. There are a total of 7 GC teams. In the north comps you have about 6 SC teams plus Redcliffe and maybe Sandgate. Which makes 8. Then you have almost 17 teams that would be classed as ‘Brisbane region’. And there a few teams in the Brisbane region that could slip into a north or south comp. So it can be done.

I also don’t understand how the higher divisions always have less numbers. Div 3 south has 7 teams which means a lot of byes and Div 4 south has 11 teams. Poor Moreton Bay was shoved straight into div 3 due to location and due to UQ not wanting to go up and chase a flag instead.

Also seems that Carrara is basically a team of Ormeau’s left overs. As Carrara is playing some games at Ormeau. This is what Coorparoo should have done, make some connections with clubs who struggle for numbers rather then adding a second Friday night team. I’d also say that undefeated premiership team in Mt Gravatt last year have all but gone to Moorooka. Seems to me that Mt Gravatt this year will not be even close to the one last year.

My last rant is that, if you are a Friday night club only. You need to be asked what your plans are to move up to div 3 and then how they can eventually transition to Saturday footy. Especially as there are around 5-6 teams in the Ipswich region and 95% are in div 4.

Prob next years agenda you would think. Think u mean alleviate, not elevate travel too... :)

Get rid of division 4 - all them all Div 3 north, central, south. Approx 11 teams per comp. It will be the lowest standard so for anyone to want to come into a competition there is no debate as to where they will fit - if luck has it and a club needs to drop out then 11 teams to 10 isn't a big deal. With those numbers it is highly likely most clubs will find competition somewhere in amongst the other 10 sides. Yep, there will be thrashings. Like every comp in Australia. But the likelihood of clubs being able to find and retain players when they say "look the furthest you will travel every 2nd week is approx maximum 1hr" is probably higher so clubs will ebb and flow a bit. It's a social level of footy, bloody good it exists imo. In this day and age of men's health actually think really important but it's not sheep stations stuff and if people are going to argue that comps are lop sided well I think they are missing the point of this footy.

There's only one thing consistent with AFLQ decisions, they will bend/break them for their "favoured" (for lack of a better word) clubs or mates.
And it bites them more times than not.
I often used to think this was not the case but it does appear on face value that some of the clubs with stronger advocates at club level who have been around the AFLQ scene longer seem to get "their way" if that makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Div 4 south
Cooly
Eagles
RVP
Southport 🦈
Rattlers

Div 3 south
Coop
Ormeau
Marooka
Bye to beat Jimboomba

Do we think AFLQ will keep the north Gfs at Moreton Bay and south Gfs at Yeronga. I didn’t go to either venue last year so curious to know people who went or played, what they thought about those venues and the idea of both games being played pretty much at the same time.

They will because they’re lazy and won’t go out of their way to help smaller clubs. Those two venues work for them because it means that they have all of their staff concentrated on the one spot on the one night. It’s not like sharing around to other venues so that Limited dollars a shared amongst lesser clubs would be a good idea is it?

They will because they’re lazy and won’t go out of their way to help smaller clubs. Those two venues work for them because it means that they have all of their staff concentrated on the one spot on the one night. It’s not like sharing around to other venues so that Limited dollars a shared amongst lesser clubs would be a good idea is it?
Where do you suggest Freddy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back