QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting opening two rounds in div 3 north. Div 4 north premiers Caloundra will play the fresh new team of Moreton Bay. Will be a good indicator of where both teams are at.

Caloundra will then be challenged in round 2 when they have North Shore. Coorparoo’s second side will be tested against Aspley in round 1 and then Moreton Bay in round 2. GF rematch in round 3 between North Shore and Maroochydore.

Div 3 south. Coops will have Moorooka round 1 which will be an interesting one as from the rumours, Moorooka is basically all of the div 4 south premiership players from Mt Gravatt last year. Will also show how well Coops have recruited this year along with how much can Moorooka improve from last year and I’d assume they will be somewhat competitive compared to last year . GF rematch in round 2 against Coops and Pac Pines.

Div 4 North. UQ and Ferny Grove battled for 2nd and 3rd position last year so curious who has improved. Mayne has fallen back down to div 4 after a few years of being uncompetitive in div 3. Redcliffe and Sandgate come in as does Yeronga. UQ has Mayne round 1 which will be interesting.

Div 4 south. Southport is clearly going to be too strong or middle of the pack. They have Cooly (grand finalist) and then Lab (3rd) both round 1 and 2 which will let us know how strong they really are. Carrara coming in will also be interesting as Coomera struggled last year. Ipswich Eagles are also going to be tough to beat.

Anyway should be a much more interesting (hopefully) Friday night comps this year! Div 3/4 South GF I would assume is back at Yeronga. Will they keep Moreton Bay as the location for the GF in Div 3/4 north as now Moreton Bay is in it?

Stay tuned!

Interesting opening two rounds in div 3 north. Div 4 north premiers Caloundra will play the fresh new team of Moreton Bay. Will be a good indicator of where both teams are at.

Caloundra will then be challenged in round 2 when they have North Shore. Coorparoo’s second side will be tested against Aspley in round 1 and then Moreton Bay in round 2. GF rematch in round 3 between North Shore and Maroochydore.

Div 3 south. Coops will have Moorooka round 1 which will be an interesting one as from the rumours, Moorooka is basically all of the div 4 south premiership players from Mt Gravatt last year. Will also show how well Coops have recruited this year along with how much can Moorooka improve from last year and I’d assume they will be somewhat competitive compared to last year . GF rematch in round 2 against Coops and Pac Pines.

Div 4 North. UQ and Ferny Grove battled for 2nd and 3rd position last year so curious who has improved. Mayne has fallen back down to div 4 after a few years of being uncompetitive in div 3. Redcliffe and Sandgate come in as does Yeronga. UQ has Mayne round 1 which will be interesting.

Div 4 south. Southport is clearly going to be too strong or middle of the pack. They have Cooly (grand finalist) and then Lab (3rd) both round 1 and 2 which will let us know how strong they really are. Carrara coming in will also be interesting as Coomera struggled last year. Ipswich Eagles are also going to be tough to beat.

Anyway should be a much more interesting (hopefully) Friday night comps this year! Div 3/4 South GF I would assume is back at Yeronga. Will they keep Moreton Bay as the location for the GF in Div 3/4 north as now Moreton Bay is in it?

Stay tuned!
Caloundra will have a slow start to the year, we’ve only trained maybe 2-3 times properly and only once in the last month due to weather and ground availability. First 3 rounds will almost be a mini preseason for us in a lot of ways, hopefully can jag a few wins along the way and set ourselves up for a big finish.

Looking forward to getting stuck into it again.

In Div 4 South beware of both Rattlers and Springfield. They were 5th & 6th last year and I hear both have improved AND recruited. Both aiming for finals. However I’d suggest Eagles probably premiership favourites as they maintain a solid core and the draw limits their travel. I think Labrador may be missing some depth early but what a local derby they’ll have with Southport!! I see Feathers is coaching youth at the sharks. Has AJ pulled the Freddy Cup transfer coup of the year? Cooly set up the model to play their ressies through their Div 4 side last year so maybe Carrara do same. Generally new teams take a year to work out the fluctuations of available players etc. Expect Redlands to be improvers also from last year as they gel a youthful side that has some talented players obviously not keen on QAFL commitments. Cats and Vultures will play off for the spoon based on reported numbers.

Div 3 South may see the resurgence of the Woodsmen. The double premiership hangover may be over? 2023 Premiers Pac Pines and runner up Coorparoo proved they were the real deal last year and whispers are this this Div Coorparoo side are very hungry to turn a run of GF near misses into a premiership and by adding some of the Morningside lads, amongst others, to their list will prove to be a powerhouse. Expect this to be the vastly superior Friday night Coorparoo team. Plus I can’t wait to watch those bearded 2025 emerging Colts though. Moorooka by all reports have an influx of players that will see them compete solidly this year. They’ll need to as they were very poor last year. Ormeau appear to be transitioning some graduating youth into their team that will provide some spark. Their coach overseeing both seniors and U17s will see opportunities for exciting footy. Jimboomba appear a little wounded from a tough summer with their Saturday venture mishap but they still have a strong core and are in good hands with their coach so expect them to have a say along with Collingwood Park who play with a core list of 25 each year so reports of lack of numbers may be a smoke screen.

In Freddy territory over the river Div3 North looks like perennial powerhouse Maroochydore and North Shore will set the pace again. New golden facilities for North Shore will create an even stronger home ground advantage for visiting Brisbane teams. Caloundra make a possible trifecta for the Sunny Coast sides (nice foxing QLR, you guys are ready and as if you don’t get up for the Maroochydore match up!!). Whispers are that Aspley have reconfigured their side with up to 10 of last years side moving together to Masters so they’ll work to coordinate with some returning juniors and mould themselves into a formidable unit in the 2nd half of the year. This Coorparoo team will not compete in this grade as they are chasing a premiership in Div 3 South. I do wonder if their club power brokers, with their cosy head office connections, will apply for 2 QAFL Colts sides in 2025 just to assist with the QAFL transition? That’s never been done before either but nudge nudge, wink wink. Challenging first up launch into Friday night lights for Moreton Bay going straight into Div 3 but they’ll run some overflow through and compete. They’ll bring another great complex to play at. Wilston Granges thirds are always there or thereabouts and always pull a couple of top end scalps during the year. Expect same again in 2024.

Div 4 North is surely how far UQ with their 70 listed players but have 55 unavailable students with assignments due on any Sunny Coast travel matches and with Div3 now with 3 Sunny Coast teams they were never going up. Ferny Grove seem well set up for the year with a solid preseason as the only other real contenders. Lots of new sides into this comp with Kedron, Redcliffe, Hinterland, Yeronga and consolidating seasons for Sandgate, Mayne & Glasshouse.

Last edited:

I don't think you'll be alone in that regard. Lot of clubs out been struggling to get somewhere to train

First month could be interesting, match fitness wise. Like coming back from the covid lockdowns

In Div 4 South beware of both Rattlers and Springfield. They were 5th & 6th last year and I hear both have improved AND recruited. Both aiming for finals. However I’d suggest Eagles probably premiership favourites as they maintain a solid core and the draw limits their travel. I think Labrador may be missing some depth early but what a local derby they’ll have with Southport!! I see Feathers is coaching youth at the sharks. Has AJ pulled the Freddy Cup transfer coup of the year? Cooly set up the model to play their ressies through their Div 4 side last year so maybe Carrara do same. Generally new teams take a year to work out the fluctuations of available players etc. Expect Redlands to be improvers also from last year as they gel a youthful side that has some talented players obviously not keen on QAFL commitments. Cats and Vultures will play off for the spoon based on reported numbers.

Div 3 South may see the resurgence of the Woodsmen. The double premiership hangover may be over? 2023 Premiers Pac Pines and runner up Coorparoo proved they were the real deal last year and whispers are this this Div Coorparoo side are very hungry to turn a run of GF near misses into a premiership and by adding some of the Morningside lads, amongst others, to their list will prove to be a powerhouse. Expect this to be the vastly superior Friday night Coorparoo team. Plus I can’t wait to watch those bearded 2025 emerging Colts though. Moorooka by all reports have an influx of players that will see them compete solidly this year. They’ll need to as they were very poor last year. Ormeau appear to be transitioning some graduating youth into their team that will provide some spark. Their coach overseeing both seniors and U17s will see opportunities for exciting footy. Jimboomba appear a little wounded from a tough summer with their Saturday venture mishap but they still have a strong core and are in good hands with their coach so expect them to have a say along with Collingwood Park who play with a core list of 25 each year so reports of lack of numbers may be a smoke screen.

In Freddy territory over the river Div3 North looks like perennial powerhouse Maroochydore and North Shore will set the pace again. New golden facilities for North Shore will create an even stronger home ground advantage for visiting Brisbane teams. Caloundra make a possible trifecta for the Sunny Coast sides (nice foxing QLR, you guys are ready and as if you don’t get up for the Maroochydore match up!!). Whispers are that Aspley have reconfigured their side with up to 10 of last years side moving together to Masters so they’ll work to coordinate with some returning juniors and mould themselves into a formidable unit in the 2nd half of the year. This Coorparoo team will not compete in this grade as they are chasing a premiership in Div 3 South. I do wonder if their club power brokers, with their cosy head office connections, will apply for 2 QAFL Colts sides in 2025 just to assist with the QAFL transition? That’s never been done before either but nudge nudge, wink wink. Challenging first up launch into Friday night lights for Moreton Bay going straight into Div 3 but they’ll run some overflow through and compete. They’ll bring another great complex to play at. Wilston Granges thirds are always there or thereabouts and always pull a couple of top end scalps during the year. Expect same again in 2024.

Div 4 North is surely how far UQ with their 70 listed players but have 55 unavailable students with assignments due on any Sunny Coast travel matches and with Div3 now with 3 Sunny Coast teams they were never going up. Ferny Grove seem well set up for the year with a solid preseason as the only other real contenders. Lots of new sides into this comp with Kedron, Redcliffe, Hinterland, Yeronga and consolidating seasons for Sandgate, Mayne & Glasshouse.

Haha exceptional write up 🙌

We’re in the same boat as most, we have a great bunch of lads but we’ve only been able to get on the park a handful of times, each session we’ve had a great numbers and looking to build a great culture with the goal of climbing through the divisions and having somewhere for our juniors to play if they don’t have aspirations to play VFL. We’re in a great place and looking forward to the year I reckon we will peak in round 6.
I can also confirm Feathers is coaching his young ones in the junior ranks and believe he is content just coaching, In saying that stay tuned to see some of the names donning the black V this year 🦈🦈

Last edited:
Should be a good year in Div 4 north. A few new teams added to the mix.
UQ and Ferny would be the teams to chace early for sure.
My lads at Sandgate are into their second year and although didn't achieve the results we wanted in the first year. I think it was a fair effort considering we put a team together with only 4 weeks before round 1.
Looking for a big improvement this year.
Mayne coming back a division might have just lured a few more back.
Yeronga Kedron Redcliffe hinterland mayne all have Saturday teams so are they stand alone or a thirds team but all have the ability to draw from another group.
Glasshouse was solid and was only a few steps of the pace.
But if you look at the woodsman they have proved you just have to be in the mix.
Then hopefully have your best 22 on the track for the finals.
But all good most of us still have three weeks before first game.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Two interesting practice matches happened last night. Mt Gravatt played UQ and Sherwood played Ipswich Eagles. Anyone know the scores?

Also, less then a week until round 1. How exciting! Footy is back.

I’m gonna throw out some very early premiership predictions.

Div 3 north- North Shore
Div 3 south - Coorparoo
Div 4 north - UQ.
Div 4 south- Ipswich Eagles.

Two interesting practice matches happened last night. Mt Gravatt played UQ and Sherwood played Ipswich Eagles. Anyone know the scores?

Div 3 north- North Shore
Div 3 south - Coorparoo
Div 4 north - UQ.
The Sherwood vs Eagles match was cancelled.

Not sure about either of the north comps but I’d imagine Cooparoo will be very strong with two sides. We (collingwood park) expect them to also be the standard in South given they were the only side we didn’t get a win over last year.

Div 4 south given we played praccy matches against all 3 teams around us (Springfield, Rattlers and Eagles) The Springfield side was the best we played against. Well coached, experience in the right areas and are a massive side across the ground they would be my pick.

Wishing everybody the best for 2024.

The Sherwood vs Eagles match was cancelled.

Not sure about either of the north comps but I’d imagine Cooparoo will be very strong with two sides. We (collingwood park) expect them to also be the standard in South given they were the only side we didn’t get a win over last year.

Div 4 south given we played praccy matches against all 3 teams around us (Springfield, Rattlers and Eagles) The Springfield side was the best we played against. Well coached, experience in the right areas and are a massive side across the ground they would be my pick.

Wishing everybody the best for 2024.
Good intel Ryan. How are you guys shaping up this year?

Good intel Ryan. How are you guys shaping up this year?

The talk of us having low numbers certainly isn’t correct. We do have the core group of 15-20 blokes who are all back and at last check I’ve got about 15 new faces. Injuries killed us in the back end of last year but we have 2-3 of our better players namely B.Kucks to return later in the year.

First year coaching on my own whilst trying to balance playing duties will certainly be a challenge but I’m confident we can play a good brand and take it to everybody.

How’s your lot looking?

Div 3 north- North Shore
Div 3 south - Coorparoo
Div 4 north - UQ.
Not sure on final score but UQ beat Mt Gravatt by about 8 goals. Looking forward to having all 5 teams play at home this weekend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predictions for round 1? Legends.
Div 4 south:
Coomera
Springfield
RVP
Carrara
Southport

Div 3 south:
Coops
Pac pines
Collingwood park

Div 4 north:
Hinterland
UQ
Redcliffe

Div 3 north
Caloundra
Coops
North Shore

Some wild guesses because of heaps of teams and new faces, but I figured I’d get the ball rolling!

AJ, After just seeing Hayden Keil, Jason Burge and Troy Moncor named in your team named on PlayHq already I dare say the Sharks are the real deal provided you’ve got some 20 somethings to kick to them.
Keen to see how we track, we’re building a great culture but have had less than 6 sessions training together, in saying that there’s a few of us that have played a lot of footy together over the years. Really looking forward to it

Keen to see how we track, we’re building a great culture but have had less than 6 sessions training together, in saying that there’s a few of us that have played a lot of footy together over the years. Really looking forward to it
Where did Mocurs boys end up this year AJ? Are they at Redlands?

Got down to watch UQ and Mayne tonight.

Mayne - 2.1 - 13
UQ - 11.13 - 79

Number 12 and 30 looked handy for UQ.

Mayne turned it into a scrappy game, but never gave up through out. They just lacked the skills to be able to move the ball cleanly and relied on contest after contest to get the footy forward.

UQ looked ok in patches, before a few injuries slowed them down and changed the way they played.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Quite a few upsets in all comps.

Div 3 north - Macellin beat North Shore.
Div 3 south- Ormeau beat reigning premiers Pac Pines.
Div 4 north UQ beat Mayne.
Div 4 south. Coomera beat Labrador and Southport smashed grand finalists Coolangatta by 100

Remove this Banner Ad

Back