QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, he seems to be suiting up for someone new on a weekly basis.

Last week played in the 35s at Williamstown, where Fev kicked a lazy 11.
Yea I think this level of footy where it is still very social and although the scoreboard matters it’s more about just getting out and having a kick, suits this sort of “celebrity” player.
Unfortunately the Caloundra boys have a bux weekend and the mad Collingwood supporters that play in that side are going to miss out on one of their legends.

Can someone please explain to me why Moreton Bay is in div 3 north? First year in and just got smacked by probably the second bottom team in Aspley atm. If any team from last year that should have gone up along with Caloundra was UQ. Currently undefeated in div 4 north. And why is there still only 7 teams in div 3 south when there is about 11 teams in div 4 south? Surely at the end of the season either Eagles or Southport come up, or both of them. And UQ up to div 3 north. There are multiple teams in Div 3 comps that have multiple byes in a row.

Can someone please explain to me why Moreton Bay is in div 3 north? First year in and just got smacked by probably the second bottom team in Aspley atm. If any team from last year that should have gone up along with Caloundra was UQ. Currently undefeated in div 4 north. And why is there still only 7 teams in div 3 south when there is about 11 teams in div 4 south? Surely at the end of the season either Eagles or Southport come up, or both of them. And UQ up to div 3 north. There are multiple teams in Div 3 comps that have multiple byes in a row.
Div 3 south is a bit interesting with no promotion last year and Morningside sadly dropping out. Moorooka not relegated but have many Mt Gravatt players which should’ve been the team promoted anyway. Next year promote 1 and leave the rest in and it starts to balance out “in theory” of course it never seems to work that way. New teams unless obviously stacked with talent should start in the Div 4 before promotion and Moreton Bay shouldn’t have been an exception. Also I don’t think UQ is not as far ahead in that comp as early results suggest I think that comp is very much up for grabs.

I’m a big advocate of getting rid of the Nth/Sth Divs and make it North, Central & South! With 34 teams currently in the Friday night space each division will find it’s own level. And with even less travel it may become more enticing to recruit better local players!! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Easy answer there BP. UQ pushed back on going up to Div 3.

If Moreton Bay are playing it as a true 3rds side (I.e. players that miss Div1 ressies selection) then that team wouldn’t make finals in Div 4. You couldn’t possibly argue that MB was going to be a better team. What’s wrong with some grading rounds? Would have sorted Moorooka’s grade last year also.

BTW if MB is Div 3 in first year then I am really interested in the discussions Southport had with AFLQ about where they’re positioned.

Odd number team comps are okay provided it’s not added to 3 competition byes.

I’m a big advocate of getting rid of the Nth/Sth Divs and make it North, Central & South! With 34 teams currently in the Friday night space each division will find it’s own level. And with even less travel it may become more enticing to recruit better local players!! 🤷🏼‍♂️
There is a good argument to support your position on travel BT. However how does Ipswich Cats compete with the Coorparoo Div 3 South team? Neither team wants that game.

Easy answer there BP. UQ pushed back on going up to Div 3.

If Moreton Bay are playing it as a true 3rds side (I.e. players that miss Div1 ressies selection) then that team wouldn’t make finals in Div 4. You couldn’t possibly argue that MB was going to be a better team. What’s wrong with some grading rounds? Would have sorted Moorooka’s grade last year also.

BTW if MB is Div 3 in first year then I am really interested in the discussions Southport had with AFLQ about where they’re positioned.

Odd number team comps are okay provided it’s not added to 3 competition byes.
Interesting Lagging, didn’t realise UQ had said no. I’d be curious to know how many clubs that have Saturday teams as well actually use their Friday night team as a proper thirds. Wouldn’t think there would be many, if any at all.

Games of the week to watch:
Div 3 north - North Shore V Caloundra
Div 3 south - Coorparoo V Moorooka
Div 4 north - Kedron V Glasshouse
Div 4 south - Coomera V Carrara

Remove this Banner Ad

Back