QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Goalkicker,, your joking right ,,, got some examples please as Im interested to know
Mate some clubs are struggling for numbers and in small towns and they pay anything to get them down, Family Member played no premier league games this year and maybe 4 in 2022 and got better $$$ then most QAFL players to play down south as fly in, they don’t get on flight for under $600.

All the cats players are getting over $1500 to fly down each weekend and play, QLD is starting to become the target for players as they know we don’t have high salary cap.

Last edited:

Gee, we sure can rehash the same crap on here. MtG made their bed, they can sleep in it.

Does anyone have any intel on the Surfers v Aspley game? Appears to be a cracker of a match.
Surfers consistently compete above their weight division I reckon - nothing special about their list on paper but seem to be thereabouts every season - must be a really good group down there and obviously been well coached.

I think it’s somewhat unfair to hold AFLQ accountable for the situation MTG unfortunately find themselves in or hold then accountable to find a short term fix. AFLQ run comps not clubs, yet if they made a determination an incumbent club wasn’t at the level and were booted out of a comp there would be uproar as to how those making the decision are qualified to make such a call. I have no doubt in the pre season the two parties would have discussed where MTG were at, and clearly MTG must have felt they had the list to continue at the level.

Last edited:
I think it’s somewhat unfair to hold AFLQ accountable for the situation MTG unfortunately find themselves in or hold then anti find a short term fix. AFLQ run comps not clubs, yet if they made a determination an incumbent club wasn’t at the level and were booted out of a comp there would be uproar as to how those making the decision are qualified to make such a call. I have no doubt in the pre season the two parties would have discussed where MTG were at, and clearly MTG must have felt they had the list to continue at the level.
Absolutely agree with this ,,

At what point do you step in though?

Long history of standing back and watching the train wreck unfold.

AFLQ very good at throwing weight around on small issues and not taking any ownership of big issues.

The drums have been beating on MTG for a year. Oops we didn’t see that coming!

At what point do you step in though?

Long history of standing back and watching the train wreck unfold.

AFLQ very good at throwing weight around on small issues and not taking any ownership of big issues.

The drums have been beating on MTG for a year. Oops we didn’t see that coming!
Freddy ,, somewhat correct ,, The drums have been beating at the Vultures for over the past 3 seasons and the QAFL have been very involved with the issues with serious concerns,,but the Vultures convinced them they are right to continue this season in the QAFL ,, IMO ,, this is where the QAFL went wrong and should of relegated them to Div 1 .. they knew this was the go and that is apparent when they announced the promotion of Coorparoo to the QAFL comp in 2025.

Once again IMO , Mt Gravatt are preparing for 2025 in the Div 1 and are prepared to cop some almighty hidings this season,, but thats not the issue ,,, the issue is to get the club up and running in all grades including the ladies teams and have a somewhat solid foundation in 2025

Probably worth noting Coorparoo pitched to AFLQ to join the QAFL before MTG had even played a game in 2023 and the pitch was to join in 2024. It was made clear that our possible entry was not subject to the number of existing teams, as we asked the question at the first presentation, as we were keen to gain full transparency on the decision making process of our application. We obviously weren’t successful in obtaining a 2024 licence but have been granted a provisional licence for 2025.

I think it’s somewhat unfair to hold AFLQ accountable for the situation MTG unfortunately find themselves in or hold then accountable to find a short term fix. AFLQ run comps not clubs, yet if they made a determination an incumbent club wasn’t at the level and were booted out of a comp there would be uproar as to how those making the decision are qualified to make such a call. I have no doubt in the pre season the two parties would have discussed where MTG were at, and clearly MTG must have felt they had the list to continue at the level.
I therefore have visions of that preseason meeting being along the lines of the scene from the movie Dumb and Dumber where Jim Carey (MtG) asks the lady (AFLQ) what the chances of them being together were and she (AFLQ) responds “a million to one” and Jim Carey (MtG) celebrating that they’re was still a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RVP already channel their offense through Hammelman so don’t see why they won’t look for him every time going inside 50. Will have 20 in his sights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back