QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Broady if ever let a game go it was today ,, were the better side all day but missing at least 5 goals in both the 2nd and 3rd quarters thru poor kicking certainly cost us the win.
Must comment the new coach in Danny Nolan has the side playing unreal footy and whilst our list is far lesser in quality compared to the past 3 years the quality of footy they are playing after only 3 rounds is very good ,,
With some guns to return from injury in the next 2 weeks Broady is looking good .. worrying injury today to gun Casey Nickalus ,,,lokked like a ankle or knee issue ,, came off in the 2nd quarter and did not return ,,

And what about Surfers taking Aspley to the wire !!!

Well Broady if ever let a game go it was today ,, were the better side all day but missing at least 5 goals in both the 2nd and 3rd quarters thru poor kicking certainly cost us the win.
Must comment the new coach in Danny Nolan has the side playing unreal footy and whilst our list is far lesser in quality compared to the past 3 years the quality of footy they are playing after only 3 rounds is very good ,,
With some guns to return from injury in the next 2 weeks Broady is looking good .. worrying injury today to gun Casey Nickalus ,,,lokked like a ankle or knee issue ,, came off in the 2nd quarter and did not return ,,

And what about Surfers taking Aspley to the wire !!!
Lot of Guns at Broadbeach by the looks of your comments Stu😂

Think Broadbeach definitely still amongst top 3 chances but maybe a few of the middle road sides have made a bit of ground on top 3.

Think Surfers showed today they not far off top sides and Grange, Palmy and Morningside all looking like they improved again.

Lot of people that had Morningside bottom 3 at start of year little of the mark.

Interested to see how the Panthers fare against the top few sides, a very good start nonetheless.

Why couldn’t surfers win when I tipped them! Haha. Looks to be a very good and tight comp except for mtgravatt.

Lot of Guns at Broadbeach by the looks of your comments Stu😂

Think Broadbeach definitely still amongst top 3 chances but maybe a few of the middle road sides have made a bit of ground on top 3.

Think Surfers showed today they not far off top sides and Grange, Palmy and Morningside all looking like they improved again.

Lot of people that had Morningside bottom 3 at start of year little of the mark.
not lots of guns still me,,, 3 guns out and possibly Nickalus ,, after that we have what I call another 2 guns and from there its a fare drop off, thus our depth is our issue this season .. just look at our Ressies where we have also been strong for a few years well the depth is not there this season .. But I must say , the new coach has the team playing a very good brand/ standard of footy
I agree with you about the other clubs you mentioned and their improvement , I actually picked Surfers to come in 2nd place this year . I tipped Broady for 5th place .. Grange will be interesting and yes Morningside have improved a lot

not lots of guns still me,,, 3 guns out and possibly Nickalus ,, after that we have what I call another 2 guns and from there its a fare drop off, thus our depth is our issue this season .. just look at our Ressies where we have also been strong for a few years well the depth is not there this season .. But I must say , the new coach has the team playing a very good brand/ standard of footy
I agree with you about the other clubs you mentioned and their improvement , I actually picked Surfers to come in 2nd place this year . I tipped Broady for 5th place .. Grange will be interesting and yes Morningside have improved a lot
Interesting couple of weeks for Broady with Palmy and Surfers back to back, followed by Wilston Grange & Morningside. We’ll have very good idea where they are at and how close the gap to the top 2-3 is.

Agree,, its possible after 7 rounds we will be 1 win and 6 losses
Possible, but unlikely. Broady have come back to the top pack that’s all. Gonna have to work for each win now. Even though they lost yesterday you couldn’t be disappointed with what they produced for the majority of the match. There are probably 6 true contenders for the GF this year.

Possible, but unlikely. Broady have come back to the top pack that’s all. Gonna have to work for each win now. Even though they lost yesterday you couldn’t be disappointed with what they produced for the majority of the match. There are probably 6 true contenders for the GF this year.

Broady’s issue is tall forwards. When Bowman is playing for Sharks, they play Dawson in ruck for 4 quarters.
This only leave Lockett and Hull as undersized KPF’s.

When Dawson and Bowman both played and rotated through FF in in R1, they kicked 6 of Broadbeach’s 7 goals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The QAFL has to do something about Mt Gravatt immediately. They should make it that from now on when you play Mt Gravatt percentage isn’t awarded. Even for the Vultures, percentage isn’t relevant for them anymore. They’re not going to win this season. Four points of course will and should still be up for grabs for them and their opponents 😂. If you’re a club that has already played them, then your percentage has to be taken off as well.

I can’t believe that playing the Vultures twice will most likely make the difference for some of the teams that will be fighting to finish 5th or 6th. This could even be a factor for the clubs contesting for a double chance, as RVP play them both home and away this season. I’m not trying to kick the poor old Vultures further down with this suggestion, but the QAFL can’t keep digging their head in the sand for the massive elephant in the room.

The QAFL has to do something about Mt Gravatt immediately. They should make it that from now on when you play Mt Gravatt percentage isn’t awarded. Even for the Vultures, percentage isn’t relevant for them anymore. They’re not going to win this season. Four points of course will and should still be up for grabs for them and their opponents 😂. If you’re a club that has already played them, then your percentage has to be taken off as well.

I can’t believe that playing the Vultures twice will most likely make the difference for some of the teams that will be fighting to finish 5th or 6th. This could even be a factor for the clubs contesting for a double chance, as RVP play them both home and away this season. I’m not trying to kick the poor old Vultures further down with this suggestion, but the QAFL can’t keep digging their head in the sand for the massive elephant in the room.
But what can they possibly do now? Can’t just drop them into div 1. Can’t change any rules because a team is struggling. I understand it sucks for the vultures and it is really sad to see but just because it’s QAFL doesn’t mean any special changes.

Arguments can be made from any other team sitting at the bottom of the ladder and getting smashed in other comps that they deserve help but really what can AFLQ actually do. Poor management on and off the field at the Vultures for years led to this. Only suggestion would be AFLQ promoting players to come and join Mt Gravatt. But even then that’s special treatment. Sandgate never got any special treatment when they were trying to survive in QAFL.

It’s only going to get worse too, they’ve had three home games in a row and been beaten all 3 times royally.

But what can they possibly do now? Can’t just drop them into div 1. Can’t change any rules because a team is struggling. I understand it sucks for the vultures and it is really sad to see but just because it’s QAFL doesn’t mean any special changes.

Arguments can be made from any other team sitting at the bottom of the ladder and getting smashed in other comps that they deserve help but really what can AFLQ actually do. Poor management on and off the field at the Vultures for years led to this. Only suggestion would be AFLQ promoting players to come and join Mt Gravatt. But even then that’s special treatment. Sandgate never got any special treatment when they were trying to survive in QAFL.

It’s only going to get worse too, they’ve had three home games in a row and been beaten all 3 times royally.

If the AFLQ are concerned about MTG competitiveness, (they may not be) they could FIFO some NT players. (Its the NT off season) NT academy players could benefit as well. ALFQ should share the expense with MTG as they partnered MTG knowing they would struggle.

Its not that bad yet. Wait till MTG begin having a mid season injury list.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you're making this comment in jest! This happens in many comps at all levels across the country, including the AFL. Why would the rules change for 1 competition? Swings and roundabouts...

Maybe we can bring in the 60 point rule in QAFL as well like the juniors have.

Maybe we should make all teams play with 11 against them, give it a break as if you win all the other games percentage means nothings.

10 teams, 18 rounds play each other twice, teams can bottom out no compromise. That’s what QAFL should aim to be one day. Don’t think head office agree otherwise Cooporoo wouldn’t be coming in next year so get used to wonky draw

The AFL has fixture inequities with north etc so they aren’t exactly caring about that in the QAFL. It’s just the luck of the draw.

Mt G will go 0-18 and drop out - replaced by coorparoo. AFLQ will hope that a few of the promising types at the vultures go accross ti help them with the step up.

Looking at the other end of things. Even if Aspley doesn’t go 3-peat. Could they look at returning to VFL or is that too far gone for them? Would allow more pathways for QLD players to play VFL and not all be just listed at Southport. Would save a lot of those players the drive down there. Does anyone know if Aspley does have VFL aspirations again?

TIPPING LADDER ;
17- ALL OR NOTHING , SIMPLE SAUCE, DEZARIO, STILL ME, THUNDER DOC, TOUCAN SOUP, BIG E, WESTERMAN, TIME TO RETIRE
16; BOOPS, BUNYIP, NWO, UP IT STUMPY, PUGS,
15; BUD 63, SMY, CLUELESS, STUYD, MAGPIE BOY, 2010 PREMIER, FOOTY BOY, AJ8, UP IT BRIZZ
14; DJONNO, SWITCHING THE PLAY, BIG TEX, LAGGING BEHIND , ,
13; MOBBS, GOALKICKER, LONGY ZILLMERE
11; NOOSA BOY

It was 2 years ago that I posted a note saying I was told by a certain QAFL Club President Mt Gravatt will drop out of the comp and Coorparoo will come in ,, this created a fair bit of backlash but guess what ,,, how correct he was

It was 2 years ago that I posted a note saying I was told by a certain QAFL Club President Mt Gravatt will drop out of the comp and Coorparoo will come in ,, this created a fair bit of backlash but guess what ,,, how correct he was
Not that Mt Gravatt have dropped out yet but its not looking good and Coorparoo is confirmed as coming in

Looking at the other end of things. Even if Aspley doesn’t go 3-peat. Could they look at returning to VFL or is that too far gone for them? Would allow more pathways for QLD players to play VFL and not all be just listed at Southport. Would save a lot of those players the drive down there. Does anyone know if Aspley does have VFL aspirations again?
Ive heard the whisper they wish to step up tom that level again but have to wait and see what the AFL do with this competition as there are possible major changes going down in that comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back