QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez ive heard nothing about this ,,, like 1200 a game is some 30% of your salary cap ,,, sorry ,, no way .. Broady may of placed him in a job thats going to give him 1200 a week .. I know we need a big good rickman but this guy is finished,, no knees left and not to mention his Tim Paine type x rated pics of himself laswt year ... we dont need this guy ,, only if he played for standard match payments ..

That’s rather categoric I

No it’s from horses mouth. Couple of others offered $1,000 a game but Broadbeach won the final bid.
That is as good as written evidence on here compared to other statements😀
No basis on this but whilst $1200 seems a lot but what if its an 6-8 home game contract? Wasn't that the style to the Barry Hall contract a few years ago?

OK ,, so now I ve got the news ,,, Cats will be paying $ 1200 a game for Patton, Natnan Ablett and Gary Ablett junior ( thats $ 400 each ) to play 6 games for the season which qualifys them to play in the finals.. So thats $ 7200 in match payments plus finals.

OK ,, so now I ve got the news ,,, Cats will be paying $ 1200 a game for Patton, Natnan Ablett and Gary Ablett junior ( thats $ 400 each ) to play 6 games for the season which qualifys them to play in the finals.. So thats $ 7200 in match payments plus finals.

Oh ,, I forgot to mention, thet will each be paid $ 1200 if they play in the Grand Final and we win only.
I heard Labrador are similiar with the offer to Zac Smith and co

Surely this isn't serious? Broady didn't actually sign Patton and the Ablett brothers for the 2022 season, did they?

I know Nathan played for Broady in the past but I find it very hard to believe Gary Ablett Jr is going to play local footy for Broadbeach...

Surely this isn't serious? Broady didn't actually sign Patton and the Ablett brothers for the 2022 season, did they?

I know Nathan played for Broady in the past but I find it very hard to believe Gary Ablett Jr is going to play local footy for Broadbeach...

If Gary Ablett is playing for $400 a game every club President in the country is walking into their major sponsor asking for some more spending money.

Stuyd so two key Cats people knew nothing about Patton and can’t believe rumours, but then all of a sudden they throw in the Parmy Topper of the Ablett brothers?

Give me a spell. See how it plays out but Patton has been on coast for over a year now and he is planning to play full season at $1200 a game.

Let’s get facts right. I feel that for the integrity of salary cap system and the points if there isn’t some serious audits at end of season to ensure it’s a level playing field then QAFL will lose control of competition.

I am not saying anyone is doing wrong thing but with quality of players being mentioned I can’t see how some clubs making it all stack up. Lot of pressure on the volunteer bean counters at clubs.

don't think he is being serious, just taking the micky out of the stupid rumours.

Broady wouldn't be able to afford that.

Wouldnt be quoting figures Miller if I knew they weren’t on the money.

Anyway see how it plays out. The only thing about 6 games is if he gets hurt he is guaranteed 6 games of payments if he plays less than that amount of games.

Let’s see if he plays 6+ games then we will see who was right I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love how people make statements on what clubs can and can’t afford. I’d reckon Broady not short of a quid and the dollars spent on those payments would be more than brought back with the crowds attracted

Love how people make statements on what clubs can and can’t afford. I’d reckon Broady not short of a quid and the dollars spent on those payments would be more than brought back with the crowds attracted

Didn’t say they couldn’t afford it, was merely stating what I know. Just interesting if 30% of your salary cap is spent on one player how does Moncreiff, Lynch, Erickson, and co fit into remainder when majority of list won last year’s premiership.

Obviously they can manage it so hats off to them.

GC,, just playing the fool mate ,, stirring the pot

How will Grange go now that Aspley is right on their doorstep?

probably hang on to more of their juniors, as there will be no point moving to Aspley to play at a higher level and they won't lose any through the "Aspley back door" with Perko telling kids to play Div 1 at Aspley as a NEAFL pathway, which was a killer for Sandgate.

Looks like we (Lions) are going with mostly the same U19 academy kids from last season, as our top ups for the VFL next year, with a couple of add ons.

probably hang on to more of their juniors, as there will be no point moving to Aspley to play at a higher level and they won't lose any through the "Aspley back door" with Perko telling kids to play Div 1 at Aspley as a NEAFL pathway, which was a killer for Sandgate.

This doesn't make sense. What Wilston Grange juniors would that apply to?

Looks like we (Lions) are going with mostly the same U19 academy kids from last season, as our top ups for the VFL next year, with a couple of add ons.

A 'couple' of add ons.

Buzza, Fletcher, Greene, Colenso and Hille are pretty signficant upgrades on running around with academy kids.

Then you have Reville, Triffit, Abberley who are all 19+ and ready to go, rather than 16 and not up to it.

Redland must have thrown some coin at Franks, as he had been approached apparently as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back