QAFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

thats why I pointed that out, because I can almost guarantee there will be zero consistency here (again)

Not voluntarily.

Who knows what's really going on, but Sandgate's recent coaching announcements suggest that they'll be paying QAFL for at least another year.
From what I've seen they have lost quite a few.
So unless they have had 20 blokes rock in they will struggle.
I hope they can get the numbers but if they are not half decent then a very long year in qafl.
I also hope aflq don't just use them to stop a bye.
Then shaft them the year after when a better option comes along.
If that happens then they are better off getting out now.

From what I've seen they have lost quite a few.
So unless they have had 20 blokes rock in they will struggle.
I hope they can get the numbers but if they are not half decent then a very long year in qafl.
I also hope aflq don't just use them to stop a bye.
Then shaft them the year after when a better option comes along.
If that happens then they are better off getting out now.

If they want to Outa - my understanding is they have always pushed back against any thought of leaving the QAFL. Hard one unless you really know the ins and outs. Would have been surprised that the coach would have signed on if he thought it was a sinking ship.

If they want to Outa - my understanding is they have always pushed back against any thought of leaving the QAFL. Hard one unless you really know the ins and outs. Would have been surprised that the coach would have signed on if he thought it was a sinking ship.
Northside footy needs them to stay in the comp.
To me it doesn't matter how many games they win.
Better times will come in time.
My point is if aflq are going to shaft them if noosa comes in that would be a disgraceful act.
They have hung in a long time and that sort of loyalty and persistence should be acknowledged.
Not used up and discarded.

Northside footy needs them to stay in the comp.
To me it doesn't matter how many games they win.
Better times will come in time.
My point is if aflq are going to shaft them if noosa comes in that would be a disgraceful act.
They have hung in a long time and that sort of loyalty and persistence should be acknowledged.
Not used up and discarded.

They are better off leaving on their feet than dying on their knees.

I don’t understand the point of Sandgate staying up if there is no hope of competitiveness. They have played pretty well in patches the last couple years and jagged a couple of wins so no problem if there’s a genuine possibility of improvement, however if they have lost half their squad then they are back to square one and best to leave.

Nobody wants to see a 200 point flogging

From what Ive heard, if Noosa had come in for 2020 then Sandgate may well of stepped down to Div 1. Financially they are very lacking in the ability to raising funds and if they cannot fix this area there is no use in staying at this level...

I don’t understand the point of Sandgate staying up if there is no hope of competitiveness. They have played pretty well in patches the last couple years and jagged a couple of wins so no problem if there’s a genuine possibility of improvement, however if they have lost half their squad then they are back to square one and best to leave.

Nobody wants to see a 200 point flogging
They have been saying they will get
Better for years
Who would go watch them
Play palmy at palmy
Not me just a flogging

Apparently there has been a meeting at Sandgate tonight - if so there will almost certainly be news tomorrow.
I’m hearing that the problem is that whilst they will be able to field Seniors and Colts next year they don’t think they’ll have the numbers for a Reserves team.
This is all second hand, but sounds like it’s legitimate.

Apparently there has been a meeting at Sandgate tonight - if so there will almost certainly be news tomorrow.
I’m hearing that the problem is that whilst they will be able to field Seniors and Colts next year they don’t think they’ll have the numbers for a Reserves team.
This is all second hand, but sounds like it’s legitimate.
If that is the case then expect there to be a 9 team QAFL comp in 2020

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all their 2nd are playing at Zillmere!

End result is their firsts play against their 2nds on Friday nights if the above is true, just wearing different colours.

Hope they stay, good club, good group of kids and they were competitive this year.

The word today from a reliable source, but again second hand, is that Sandgate made the decision last night to withdraw from the QAFL in 2020.

If that's right it's hard to imagine any of their quality seniors and 16 -18 yo's hanging around next year, which would make Friday night a probablity.

I don't think that anyone will find any joy in that scenario if it eventuates, but hard to see an alternative if my information is correct.

The word today from a reliable source, but again second hand, is that Sandgate made the decision last night to withdraw from the QAFL in 2020.

If that's right it's hard to imagine any of their quality seniors and 16 -18 yo's hanging around next year, which would make Friday night a probablity.

I don't think that anyone will find any joy in that scenario if it eventuates, but hard to see an alternative if my information is correct.
If true and they can keep some seniors they will be red hot favourites to take the flag in that comp.
Sorry Thommo it's happening again.

If true and they can keep some seniors they will be red hot favourites to take the flag in that comp.
Sorry Thommo it's happening again.
So if they do go Friday night and retain a solid number how do they get 15 x 4 pointers into a Friday night team and be under the points cap?

So if they do go Friday night and retain a solid number how do they get 15 x 4 pointers into a Friday night team and be under the points cap?

Reckon their best will look to play at the level or div 1. You have grange on doorstep plus there’d might be a handful keen to play with Roos.
All in all a bit sad if indeed true. No one to blame though.

Reckon their best will look to play at the level or div 1. You have grange on doorstep plus there’d might be a handful keen to play with Roos.
All in all a bit sad if indeed true. No one to blame though.
SMY I agree all clubs have to be in control of their own destiny but I have some concerns about all the talk about "Equalisation" in the past has simply been about salary & points caps. So everyone has known about the have and have nots for some time and a have not is about fall off the perch. Plenty of time spent changing youth rules and reconstructing QFA travel. I've seen AFL in Vic say they are waiving the affiliation fees for all regional clubs. It's a rough gig for volunteer clubs to support a club as deep in history as Sandgate. I feel they've been left to fend for themselves. Read Aspleys FB and they are looking to link their juniors through to NEAFL and using the QFA side as the stepping Stone. Plenty of $ spent on Moreton Bay and Brendale in the vicinity. Swap Sandgate for Zillmere 12 years ago and Mayne, Coorparoo, Kedron......... Auskick, Academies and female participation wonderfully supported in our code. Senior clubs not so much.

SMY I agree all clubs have to be in control of their own destiny but I have some concerns about all the talk about "Equalisation" in the past has simply been about salary & points caps. So everyone has known about the have and have nots for some time and a have not is about fall off the perch. Plenty of time spent changing youth rules and reconstructing QFA travel. I've seen AFL in Vic say they are waiving the affiliation fees for all regional clubs. It's a rough gig for volunteer clubs to support a club as deep in history as Sandgate. I feel they've been left to fend for themselves. Read Aspleys FB and they are looking to link their juniors through to NEAFL and using the QFA side as the stepping Stone. Plenty of $ spent on Moreton Bay and Brendale in the vicinity. Swap Sandgate for Zillmere 12 years ago and Mayne, Coorparoo, Kedron......... Auskick, Academies and female participation wonderfully supported in our code. Senior clubs not so much.

cant disagree mate and I had not heard about that Aspley thing you mentioned but if it gets legs then ridiculous.
Saying that I'm not sure Sandgate will fold as a club, just move down a level. Its not a terrible proposition and they were at this level fairly recently.

cant disagree mate and I had not heard about that Aspley thing you mentioned but if it gets legs then ridiculous.
Saying that I'm not sure Sandgate will fold as a club, just move down a level. Its not a terrible proposition and they were at this level fairly recently.
The hornets will be the main winner of this . Why would juniors go to the hawks if you can play in higher comps around the corner !

So if Sandgate do leave and it’s back to 9 teams will the league change the salary cap to what is was last year?
The cap was raised this year to take into account the extra 2 games due to Maroochydore joining the Comp.
If so What about the teams that have already spent the maximum based on the extra amount allowed?
I’m sure recruits wouldn’t be happy if they were advised they will be receiving less now

So if Sandgate do leave and it’s back to 9 teams will the league change the salary cap to what is was last year?
The cap was raised this year to take into account the extra 2 games due to Maroochydore joining the Comp.
If so What about the teams that have already spent the maximum based on the extra amount allowed?
I’m sure recruits wouldn’t be happy if they were advised they will be receiving less now

That doesn't make sense Ablett - players get paid per game not a set figure. If its different then clubs are crazy. If players believe they are going to earn $5400 bc it was 18 games x $300 then love to ask them who guaranteed they would play all 18 games anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back