QAFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
At long last a Sunshine Coast team has entered the QAFL - the Maroochydore Roos. It should mean the best Sunshine Coast juniors can remain on the Sunny Coast and play for Maroochydore up until they are drafted by an AFL club. This will hurt Aspley in the long run but it's the right thing to do.

I assume Gold Coast teams (PBC and Surfers in particular) will enter 2020 as strong favourites to win the flag. Any big moves made this off season so far?

At long last a Sunshine Coast team has entered the QAFL - the Maroochydore Roos. It should mean the best Sunshine Coast juniors can remain on the Sunny Coast and play for Maroochydore up until they are drafted by an AFL club. This will hurt Aspley in the long run but it's the right thing to do.

I assume Gold Coast teams (PBC and Surfers in particular) will enter 2020 as strong favourites to win the flag. Any big moves made this off season so far?
Maroochydore probably overdue and expect them to be competitive particularly at home.
Surfers and PBC have to be up there but the comp has got closer for positions 3-7 and that will remain a tussle. Interested in how Broady rebound

don't think it hurts Aspley. They play a level higher and the NEAFL is a better pathway for a mature age draftee than QAFL
Well, if Maroochydore had been in the QAFL when a talented Sunshine Coast player like Eric Hipwood was coming through, I'd assume he would play NEAFL for the Lions reserves and QAFL for Maroochydore. That leaves Aspley in a position where they never access talented Sunshine Coast juniors like Hipwood. It's why we never see talented Gold Coast juniors playing for Southport anymore. It's either Suns reserves in the NEAFL or their Gold Coast-based QAFL team.

So any player signings? PBC have Trent Stubbs, yak Douglas and jimmy holland returning and lee Dale. All ver good qafl players. They’ll be hard to beat
Whats the news at the Cats ....I heard we have 2 2018 grand final players returning , but we loose Fisher and Burton ... Is Cloke going around again,,, hope he does as he was instrumental on the field come game day.

Whats the news at the Cats ....I heard we have 2 2018 grand final players returning , but we loose Fisher and Burton ... Is Cloke going around again,,, hope he does as he was instrumental on the field come game day.
[/QUO

Carrara are boasting about picking allot from you guys along with your reserves coach but not sure if they are seniors players or not

So any player signings? PBC have Trent Stubbs, yak Douglas and jimmy holland returning and lee Dale. All ver good qafl players. They’ll be hard to beat
Watching Southport train at Miami Saturday morning and Lee Dale was definitely training with the group ? Are you sure he's at Palmy?

I see on that transfers page that the Vultures have grabbed few cash grabbers in Milford and Pennycuick. Interesting strategy to say the least.

I think Pennycuik's form is fairly well known. Not sure why he had his life ban removed? Can someone clarify?

Milford would just go to the highest bidder, which wouldn't be that high if it were me! (nice enough bloke though from all reports)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Pennycuik's form is fairly well known. Not sure why he had his life ban removed? Can someone clarify?

Milford would just go to the highest bidder, which wouldn't be that high if it were me! (nice enough bloke though from all reports)
Harry Milford played for a figure that would only cover his fuel money at grange but hey you would know what every player is on in the QAFL, get your facts right before you bag a young kid.
You can have a crack at me as much as you like but don’t rubbish young blokes with a good attitude.

Last edited:
Harry Milford played for a figure that would only cover his fuel money at grange but hey you would know what every player is on in the QAFL, get your facts right before you bag a young kid.
You can have a crack at me as much as you like but don’t rubbish young blokes with a good attitude.

Yeah tend to agree it’s a bit rough on these guys. Most senior footballers in my experience like to be paid a few $$$ and that is their right. And plenty over the years have chosen a club willing to pay a higher amount, that’s hardly news not sure what’s different about the 2 guys mentioned.

not sure any of these comments are disagreeing with me?

I said he would go to the highest bidder and that hes a decent bloke from all reports. Seems thats the case.

not sure any of these comments are disagreeing with me?

I said he would go to the highest bidder and that hes a decent bloke from all reports. Seems thats the case.
Tell us about all these monetary bids that were thrown at him. What did he end up taking at Vultures?

who knows, but he was widely shopping himself around from what I hear from some other clubs.

It's an opinion based forum where rumours and other speculation is shared. I'm happy not to share my identity, but equally happy to share what I hear from people around the traps

Fact or fiction, or opinion.

I know you're my number 1 fan Ben.

It's an opinion based forum where rumours and other speculation is shared. I'm happy not to share my identity, but equally happy to share what I hear from people around the traps

Fact or fiction, or opinion.

I know you're my number 1 fan Ben.

I’m sure you would love to keep you identify secret. Plenty of blokes would love to meet you though I’m sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back