QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior boys on the way out too. Yet to apply for clearances .. and these boys got regular game time as well. Lack of game time not the reason for blokes leaving. Many other factors involved.[/QUOTE
Buffs have a young group we have a couple of new players .New coach is going really well .We are looking forward to 2107 and its challenges .Lets face facts we are not rated by many clubs and that suits us .

Think the Buffs will surprise a few Commish.

I hear things not all rosey at Kedron at the moment. Apparently coach has done the Harold Holt? Anyone shed any light on this from north side of town?

So tell me BigE is the load of rubbish the figure ? Was it to high ? Dont tell me they havent been given some money to get better and win the flag .The talk already is that they are going to win the flag .

Tell me where you plucked that figure from? Yes it's a load of rubbish. On your 100k rumour. That is average of 250 per player, per game. Where's talk about winning the flag?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
May be looking for ground that has grass on it.....
only joking lions....not good so close to start of season..
May be looking for ground that has grass on it.....
only joking lions....not good so close to start of season..
Hey Pirate i would not be having a go at other clubs grounds you may want to check your own back yard first

Had a chat last night to some well connected old blokes who have been around the traps in QLD footy for close to 50 years.

Park Ridge apparently attracting players with false hopes of AFL connections in Victoria, but have to play a year the Pirates before getting any intros.

then kids sent down to East Keilor and the like!

Not sure how a player with potential AFL ability will benefit his development spending a season in Division 2 footy in QLD! One would suggest that a year at that level would put a final nail in the coffin of any AFL dreams...but what would I know?!

Redlands have had close to 10 blokes drafted in the last 5 years - I reckon thats where I'd be pointing blokes with ability!

I would not think any coach in div 1 or div 2 would be getting close 10k
Let alone 30k that is a stickup surely ,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None, but they would be pumping that cash into the NEAFL - which is a seriously expensive competition to be a part of.

Had a chat last night to some well connected old blokes who have been around the traps in QLD footy for close to 50 years.

Park Ridge apparently attracting players with false hopes of AFL connections in Victoria, but have to play a year the Pirates before getting any intros.

then kids sent down to East Keilor and the like!

Not sure how a player with potential AFL ability will benefit his development spending a season in Division 2 footy in QLD! One would suggest that a year at that level would put a final nail in the coffin of any AFL dreams...but what would I know?!

Redlands have had close to 10 blokes drafted in the last 5 years - I reckon thats where I'd be pointing blokes with ability!

I could be wrong but am confident i am not, Pirates have been able to introduce and assist 3 players in getting onto a VFL list with AFL affiliation, the rest is then up to the player.

Not bad for a Div 2 club formed 3 years ago.

Hey Pirate i would not be having a go at other clubs grounds you may want to check your own back yard first

Come on mate, the Pirates ground is small, but the Kedron ground is putrid, absolute snot.

Most clubs though, would kill for the Buffs ground, B E A utiful

Shouldn't be too hard to get a game at yeronga I wouldn't think. I won't have a coach leaving blokes out to play ring ins this year so I should be fine

You left on good terms didnt you mate? In fact took on a role with the club until deciding to leave for better opportunity?

You are better than this, a ripping bloke and even better club man.

here we go, more garbage!!!

So have we all checked this out posted yesterday on AFL QLD Footy News & Rumours facebook page Interesting Aspley again they just keep popping up[/QUOTE]

are you serious commish??? this is where you getting your info from. A facebook page that post satirical memes ( their own words)

you are a goose

So have we all checked this out posted yesterday on AFL QLD Footy News & Rumours facebook page Interesting Aspley again they just keep popping up

are you serious commish??? this is where you getting your info from. A facebook page that post satirical memes ( their own words)

you are a goose[/QUOTE]
Where did i say there was info i was using from that post .But some one put it up and it wasnt me .Where there is smoke there is fire .Maybe this Goose knows a bit more about local footy than BigE very touchy BigE .I dont need posts on Facebook to know whats going on .

Your talking up the wrong team fellas , Roos will romp it in !!
Last years coach of the year and Proven premiership magnet at the helm And a list to die for they'd be licking there lips reading all this rubbish

you are a goose
Where did i say there was info i was using from that post .But some one put it up and it wasnt me .Where there is smoke there is fire .Maybe this Goose knows a bit more about local footy than BigE very touchy BigE .I dont need posts on Facebook to know whats going on .[/QUOTE]

Your 100k war chest comment certainly does make you sound like a goose. Where did you come up with such nonsense

I could be wrong but am confident i am not, Pirates have been able to introduce and assist 3 players in getting onto a VFL list with AFL affiliation, the rest is then up to the player.

Not bad for a Div 2 club formed 3 years ago.

I'd suggest you are wrong. They may have trained with them , like hundreds of others - but none are VFL listed.

I'd also point out that multiple QAFL clubs have had kids drafted and Redlands have had 10 drafted in the last 6 years.

Offering access to contacts on the proviso you play a season of Div 2 park footy is reprehensible behaviour imo. But thats just me.

I especially like how Jordy Grainger was described as a Park Ridge product in the paper a while back, despite playing 90% of his senior footy at Moorooka and being a Sherwood (or Kenmore?) Junior. Now off to Keilor in the EDFL under Micky McGuane.

I'd suggest you are wrong. They may have trained with them , like hundreds of others - but none are VFL listed.

I'd also point out that multiple QAFL clubs have had kids drafted and Redlands have had 10 drafted in the last 6 years.

Offering access to contacts on the proviso you play a season of Div 2 park footy is reprehensible behaviour imo. But thats just me.

I especially like how Jordy Grainger was described as a Park Ridge product in the paper a while back, despite playing 90% of his senior footy at Moorooka and being a Sherwood (or Kenmore?) Junior. Now off to Keilor in the EDFL under Micky McGuane.

Yet, only gets his chance now? What does that tell you?

Maybe Blocker can confirm if I am right about 3 blokes or not, apologies if I am wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back