Predict Your Top 6

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2003, when Katandra had all four footy grades in the Grand Final (only losing the twos) I started thinking about why we dont join the Murray League. A move we very nearly made in 1987. It is a huge step from being a minor league powerhouse to be a competitive major league team.

We would be competing against much larger towns and would have to bank on regaining all of our players who are currently playing GV or Murray League and then add some. I have no doubt that if we had all those players back we would surprise many MFL teams. But to do it year in and year out would be extremely taxing on the club. The winning mentality that we currently have would dwindle and people would leave and we would be left at looking at relegation. So before people starting wanting to 'penalise' good minor league teams and take them up a level. Maybe look at they way they conduct themsleves in the leagues they are in and use those ideas for your own club.

can i get anyones top six in the thirds?

Congupna
Tongala
Finley
Mulwala
Echuca United
Deniliquin

thanks wilo.
heres mine
Echuca United
Tongala
Congupna
Mulwala
Deniliquin
Finley

i think finley will struggle this year because they have lost their two best top age in players in Brain and Hanily

and rumbalara will have a very competitve side this year

thanks wilo.
heres mine
Echuca United
Tongala
Congupna
Mulwala
Deniliquin
Finley

i think finley will struggle this year because they have lost their two best top age in players in Brain and Hanily

and rumbalara will have a very competitve side this year
Got any key players from any of those teams Zackman?

Got any key players from any of those teams Zackman?
Echuca United.. Nathan Zack (or the other way round) Bevan White
Clayton Zanella

Tongala.. Tom Whyte, Denham, Greenshields

Congupna.. Steele Sidebottom Lachlan Whitehead Matt Pianto

Mulwala.. Tom Wilson Dylan Flangan Will Doyle

Deniliquin.. Mcgee Brothers Jo Briggs Grant Martin

Finley.. Rob Jewell Jacob Way Sean Kable

Clayton Zanella

Zack Nathan was top age Un. 17s last year, so he will not play this season and Jarrad Denham is playing Un. 18s at Echuca this season. So you can count those two out.
For Echuca United, you could also list James Oberin, Tom Smith, Daniel Branch and Jarryd Day.

Zack Nathan was top age Un. 17s last year, so he will not play this season and Jarrad Denham is playing Un. 18s at Echuca this season. So you can count those two out.
For Echuca United, you could also list James Oberin, Tom Smith, Daniel Branch and Jarryd Day.

and you can add in Joel Childs to the Mulwala side apprently. Any more from you wilo?

jarod denhom has been training with us at tongala for the last five weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jarod denhom has been training with us at tongala for the last five weeks
You don't even know how to spell his name!;) Oh it's just that I was watching the Echuca Under 18s train the other night and he was training with them.

Clayton Zanella

Jacob Way looks to be leaving the Catery, comming back to the Saints as there is a new coach this year

What is his reason? Do they want him to play seniors at Numurkah?

He just said hes going to play in Mulwala wants to have a successful year in thirds and not have the pressure of seniors like he would at Numurkah.

I thought Joel Childs plays for Numurkah?

gday fellas!
Im actually very good mates with joely and he has mentioned mulwala contacting him to play for them for cash! i havnt spoken to him for a while does anyone know how his pre season is goin??

gday fellas!
Im actually very good mates with joely and he has mentioned mulwala contacting him to play for them for cash! i havnt spoken to him for a while does anyone know how his pre season is goin??
To be 100% honest, I couldn't see a club like Mulwala paying him to play for them. Did he say they offered to pay him to play Seniors or Un.17's?

As Zackman said, "He just said hes going to play in Mulwala wants to have a successful year in thirds and not have the pressure of seniors like he would at Numurkah." So obviously that would say that he has been offered money to play 3rds. The kid isn't that good at footy. He has a very short temper and when things don't go his way, he cracks them big time! Since his days back in 4ths, he has put on the bulk in a big way which has affected his game alot.

I think you should give your good mate Joely a call or text message him and find out exactly what's going on. ;)

To be 100% honest, I couldn't see a club like Mulwala paying him to play for them. Did he say they offered to pay him to play Seniors or Un.17's?

As Zackman said, "He just said hes going to play in Mulwala wants to have a successful year in thirds and not have the pressure of seniors like he would at Numurkah." So obviously that would say that he has been offered money to play 3rds. The kid isn't that good at footy. He has a very short temper and when things don't go his way, he cracks them big time! Since his days back in 4ths, he has put on the bulk in a big way which has affected his game alot.

I think you should give your good mate Joely a call or text message him and find out exactly what's going on. ;)

Yeah im keen to know his plans.

Top 6 for thirds will be:

Congupna
Tongala
Moama
Mulwala
Deni
Finley

With united pushing to get in there to and rumba giving a decent show!

i like your line up "simmy" who eva the *** u r.. but tongala will finish on top
Hey champ, Simmy has given his opinion of the top 6 for this season. Respect it and if Tongala do finish on top, that's when you can talk about it. Don't turn this thread into something similar to the GVFL Un.18s thread where all they do is talk sh*t to eachother, bag one another non-stop and rave on about how good each team are. Place your opinion but don't start crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back