flggr Post here if your team isn’t an umpires pet

Remove this Banner Ad

I know I'm not supposed to post here (umps love us since Fly took over) but how are Hawthorn only -3? That's more shocking than Carlton +24.

Serious baggery (I know what I typed, don't auto correct pls) from Gowers going on.
Last time Hawks were positive in free kicks was 2018 at +3 across the season/finals

2nd longest 'negative' streak after Richmond who have been negative since 2015

Last time each club were 'umpires pets' across the season

St Kilda 2023
Fremantle 2023
Brisbane 2023
Melbourne 2023
Carlton 2023
Collingwood 2023
Essendon 2023
Bulldogs 2022
Adelaide 2022
Geelong 2022
GWS 2022
West Coast 2022
North 2021
Port Adelaide 2021
Sydney 2020
Gold Coast 2019
Hawthorn 2018
Richmond 2015

8th year of Richmond on the bottom if you average it out over those years.

We'd be miles below if you counted the swallowed pips.

We get a reasonably average but way better than the normal Richmond umpired game last week and the media pluck out the Papley non call.

Unbelievable.

I have a feeling it will be back to regular rorting when the boy's club race in O'Gorman and Deboy for this week's match.

This is not counting before this 8 year run,another run of shoddy umpiring against the Tigers when Jeff Gieschen,who got sacked from Richmond was signed as head of umpiring and he took it out on us big time.

AFL boy's club knew exactly what they were doing.

Last edited:
No surprises gifted footballers first to the ball that scare the oppo into dirty play get free kicks.
How does that explain west coast at +10 then?

Last time Hawks were positive in free kicks was 2018 at +3 across the season/finals

2nd longest 'negative' streak after Richmond who have been negative since 2015

Last time each club were 'umpires pets' across the season

St Kilda 2023
Fremantle 2023
Brisbane 2023
Melbourne 2023
Carlton 2023
Collingwood 2023
Essendon 2023
Bulldogs 2022
Adelaide 2022
Geelong 2022
GWS 2022
West Coast 2022
North 2021
Port Adelaide 2021
Sydney 2020
Gold Coast 2019
Hawthorn 2018
Richmond 2015
Port and Geelong the least favoured in my time, with zero stats to back this up.

Pies used to get less frees but that was because we were a bit thuggish, ditto the Hawks and Tiges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong looks to exploit every aspect of the game. They know umpires play an incredibly important part and are, shall we say "vulnerable". So they look how they can use umpires to their benefit. This is just one aspect that separates them from other clubs. Scott is a great coach. They exploit every bit of the game for competitive edge. The problem is, of course, rather than fix this umpiring issue the AFL and the umpiring department celebrate Geelong. More accolades, more frees, the keys to AFL house.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back