Injury Polec missed the season but is on the road to recovery

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW I actually think those terms are used interchangeably. Like flammable and inflammable they should mean the opposite yet mean the same.

im no master but i would agree. Otherwise it would have read .... based outside of Asia ... not 'in' Asia.

'Out of asia' is something that is coming 'out of asia'.

sorry LR... but i think he was referring to you :)

Last edited:
Mate, he doesn't mean you. He said 'Grumpy Port Supporters based out of Asia' ... not 'in' Asia.

FWIW I actually think those terms are used interchangeably. Like flammable and inflammable they should mean the opposite yet mean the same.

One day two French businessmen in Paris were practising their English...
Pierre: "So you are based out of town?"
Andre: "No, I'm based in town."
Pierre: "That means we are based in the same place."
Andre: "No it doesn't."
Pierre: "Yes it does."
Pierre: "You are out of your mind."
Andre: "No, I'm in Seine."

One day two French businessmen in Paris were practising their English...
Pierre: "So you are based out of town?"
Andre: "No, I'm based in town."
Pierre: "That means we are based in the same place."
Pierre: "Yes it does."
Pierre: "You are out of your mind."
Andre: "No, I'm in Seine."

are you in Seine too?

Channel 7 had an update that sounded a little grim, basically that he's feeling good & will resume full training after Christmas but they won't rush him back & Burgess made it clear "he's certainly not out of the woods & it's still very much career threatening injury & it'll be ongoing for him".

Was hoping it was going to be better news but expected something along those lines.

Edit: Lama posted it above.

Channel 7 had an update that sounded a little grim, basically that he's feeling good & will resume full training after Christmas but they won't rush him back & Burgess made it clear "he's certainly not out of the woods & it's still very much career threatening injury & it'll be ongoing for him".

Was hoping it was going to be better news but expected something along those lines.

It's a navicular, it's the most difficult bone to fix. It was never going to be "he'll do 100% of preseason and wont need any management".

This is a career injury, if and when he gets better Port and he will have to monitor and manage it until his retirement.

It's a navicular, it's the most difficult bone to fix. It was never going to be "he'll do 100% of preseason and wont need any management".

This is a career injury, if and when he gets better Port and he will have to monitor and manage it until his retirement.

polec is one of my fav players. it is a horrible thing to read.

Not grim, but cautious.

He may well have to do what Jack Darling did this year, not have round 1 as a target, purely go by how he feels and how it progresses, it's so easy to rush things as round 1 gets closer. But like Darling if he has to come back in round 6 so be it as long as he's 100%. His leg muscles will have to be built up again so give him a proper preseason whilst the boys are playing games and get him cherry ripe rather than half cooked.

yet apparenty im a trouble maker and dont get over things?

and naturally im also the only one that has mentioned here that maybe he shouldnt have played that game.
Don't worry old fella, I was taking the piss with everyone in my post; you for your probable overreaction to the decision and everyone else for their overreactions to you. Carry on bantering fellow supporter. Merry silly season to you Sir.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disturbing news imo, this sounds like touch and go with no certain outcome.
I think Ken is just going to have to plan without him and if he does come back it will be a bonus!

Polec was at training this morning, he just did repeat 100m run throughs at about 80% pace with a few other older players that arent due back yet.

He also done some kicking.

He looked pretty good, but was examined by the medical staff which looked a bit worrying - but I spoke to the podiatrist afterwards and he said he was fine... just a bit of a sook!!! lol!!!

He will be monitored throughout preseason and wont be back to full training until at least after Xmas!!!

Polec was at training this morning, he just did repeat 100m run throughs at about 80% pace with a few other older players that arent due back yet.

He looked pretty good, but was examined by the medical staff which looked a bit worrying - but I spoke to the podiatrist afterwards and he said he was fine... just a bit of a sook!!! lol!!!

He will be monitored throughout preseason and wont be back to full training until at least after Xmas!!!
That's great news

What does a podiatrist know about heel bone problems .. mine looks after my toenails lol

Gee thanks for these updates. I'm just glad he's running. They and he will be very cautious.

What does a podiatrist know about heel bone problems .. mine looks after my toenails lol

Sports podiatrists are often qualified orthopaedic surgeons.

Mine even straps me up before I do big runs.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back