PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Just when it was looking like the draw of the PS5 Pro would be AI upscaling and Sony's own proprietary frame generation, AMD have rolled out FSR 3 which will be available on console and Immortals of Aveum will be the first game to enable it.

Frame generation doesn't work 1:2 yet, so it can't magically turn 30 into 60, but it helps turn ~40-50 into a locked 60 with help from VRR. From my experience with DLSS I feel like I need a base FPS of about 50 to not have any noticeable input lag. Others may need more if they're more susceptible to feeling input lag.

I'm looking forward to the official reveal of the Pro to see what Sony actually have to say and why it would be a worth while upgrade because with the introduction of FSR 3 there seems to be yet another reason why it appears a bit meh on paper.

Cleaned the inside of the PS5 again, super dusty :(. But it's as good as new now :D
I'm biting the bullet and doing this over the weekend. Have not cleaned it since purchase.. in fact i've never really taken anything apart before to clean.

She'll be right. Right?

I'm biting the bullet and doing this over the weekend. Have not cleaned it since purchase.. in fact i've never really taken anything apart before to clean.

She'll be right. Right?

Google and follow the instructions (written and youtube) you'll be fine. Not saying that to be a smart arse, while I can open and tinker with laptops, PC's, old consoles etc... I was cautious with the PS5 (first time I did it, I was nervous as.... didn't want to break it with it being barely months old lol).

I've also had nightmares - I ruined the ps3 drive cage when changing hdds. The PS4 (and PS5) were much more easier.

Just be gentle and don't force the shell open. And if/when you unscrew the fan, be gentle there too.

Make sure you have the correct tools!

Last edited:

She'll be right. Right?
If you're just popping off the plates and vacuuming the dust, it's pretty simple.

The controller that came with the console finally got stick drift :(

Shouldn't be surprised as it's a known issue...... but I avoided it for a while. But what is surprising to me is that it's a "left" drift. I've had stick drift on Xbox controllers but in the up or down direction.

I tend to play the same games across multiple platforms (MK, SF, Rocket League among others) I just would have thought that I'd have stick drift in the same manner..... alas I thought wrong :p

I'll replace it eventually but when the controllers are $69-$79.

Listen.... OK.... drop what your doing/playing..... go the the Playstation store.... and search the demo.... Potato Sack Racing Simulator 2024...
And read the description
Just to save people the effort...

Next-gen version includes Potato-Tracing technology up to 120FPS in 4K HDR.

I know what you are thinking, and yes, this game does feature the ability to fight grandparents, mugs, speakers and of course dirty tissues... Wait, this is a game about Potato Sack Racing? Umm.. Yeah there are like 4 levels about Potato Sack Racing out of the 17 levels... Phew, we almost forgot to make it have something to do with Potato Sack Racing! But now trust me bro, this game is the BEST Potato Sack Racing game to have ever been made! At least, from what we could find.. Yeah this is actually the first and only Potato Sack Racing game, it’s almost like it’s not a good idea to make a game about Potato Sack Racing, it’s pretty fun to say Potato Sack Racing. Potatooooo sack racingggggg!!!!

If I keep up writing random stuff it will look like a fancy description! Eh... Who even reads nowadays, I guess you are reading this, what are you, a nerd? Lol roasted!

Features:
  • Photorealistic graphics (Literally photo of real people as graphics)
  • You can be in a potato sack
  • Emotional story
  • 2 Players Coop (If you can find a friend dumb enough to play with you)
  • Potato-Tracing technology
  • 4 original songs about how bad the game is
  • A talking potato
lolz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intending on trading in my PS5. Does Kayo still work on PS4? Don’t have a smart tv or hub in room so I’ve been using the PS5.

Update from April 13:

Ordered a new controller via the Telstra Rewards program (think 40,000 points is a bit steep considering the Xbox controller usually goes for 28/31/32000. Luckily I have a few hundred thousand points up my sleeve so que sera sera.

Even though I still had 1 functioning controller, it's nice to now be able to rotate between controllers (when one goes flat) again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back