PITTSBURGH PENGUINS – 2017 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

Remove this Banner Ad

Like last year, a difficult award to give out. Pens won as the best team, not on the back of one player.

Although, if possible, I think a Fleury-Murray combination would have been perfect.

Fleury passing the cup to murray was a little symbolic. Unfortunately i think fleury wont be with us next year, possibly Calgary. Would be a shame to see him go having two goalies like that on a team was a big help during these playoffs.

People were amazed that our defence won us a cup last year. Yes, we still had one of the best in the league in Letang but had lost Niskanen, Orpik, Martin and Erhnoff in recent years.

Now to do it without Letang (and Lovejoy) is pretty special. Daley summed it up well when he said that they should now get some more credit.

People were amazed that our defence won us a cup last year. Yes, we still had one of the best in the league in Letang but had lost Niskanen, Orpik, Martin and Erhnoff in recent years.

Now to do it without Letang (and Lovejoy) is pretty special. Daley summed it up well when he said that they should now get some more credit.

All but perhaps Niskanen (I wouldn't want to match the Crapitals' offer) were justifiably offloaded, sound decisions.
Overpaid dinosaurs and Ehrhoff was done.

All but perhaps Niskanen (I wouldn't want to match the Crapitals' offer) were justifiably offloaded, sound decisions.
Overpaid dinosaurs and Ehrhoff was done.

Sound decisions, yes, but our defence was undoubtedly weakened on paper so we could bring in expensive forwards like Kessel and Hornqvist and give pay rises to Malkin and Letang.

Sound decisions, yes, but our defence was undoubtedly weakened on paper so we could bring in expensive forwards like Kessel and Hornqvist and give pay rises to Malkin and Letang.

More teams should do it, overpaying aging dinosaur defencemen is a waste of money and cap space.

Brooks Orpik = 5.5M/5 years @ 34 years old? Ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fleury passing the cup to murray was a little symbolic. Unfortunately i think fleury wont be with us next year, possibly Calgary. Would be a shame to see him go having two goalies like that on a team was a big help during these playoffs.
Murray described it as one of the most special moments of his life and he credits Fleury for getting us as far as he did. Without him we don't make it out of the second round.

Meh. You have two of the best 5 players in the world in your first two lines, hardly a difficult task there.

Meh. You have two of the best 5 players in the world in your first two lines, hardly a difficult task there.

We are talking about defence.

The San Jose series, in particular, was a defensive struggle.

Thought our young players played really well these playoffs - Murray is only 23 and Has 2 stanley cups! Yesterday he played a game of much experience and class to keep denying the Preds. Guentzel will be a name to remember!

My point was, defence doesnt matter if you have the puck.

We don't use our defensemen on the rush, this is true, but as was mentioned earlier we generally had inferior puck possession and hence relied on staunch defending.

Penguins' defence was good, especially early in the playoffs. They let very few shots on from dangerous positions.

Later in the playoffs Murray was saving their arse a bit.

How Bloody Good is it to see all the Haters Crying that the Big Ugly Boys from Pittsburgh Won Back 2 Back Stanley Cups. Imagine if we go and win 3 in a Row lol. Great Win Boys and you know what that Means Yes i have to buy more gear from the Fanatics lol.

How Bloody Good is it to see all the Haters Crying that the Big Ugly Boys from Pittsburgh Won Back 2 Back Stanley Cups. Imagine if we go and win 3 in a Row lol. Great Win Boys and you know what that Means Yes i have to buy more gear from the Fanatics lol.
Anyone with a caps lock name does not deserve to spout s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back