PITTSBURGH PENGUINS – 2017 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice, missed the point, reply with a a silly comparison, well played.
Maybe golf is more your thing. :thumbsu:
I'm sorry but you said bending rules. So why bother having rules if you are going to "bend"them. Rules are rules, if the NHL wanted to they would have made offsides like football, If you can't hack it go watch MMA.

Bill Daly, "Hey Gary, goals are down, we need to find ways to have more scoring."

Gary Bettman, "We should make offside reviewable and dissect millimetre decisions after a goal is scored, doesn't matter if it affects the play, has next to no basis on why the goal is scored and disappoints fans. No goal!"

Bill Daly, "Great idea, Gary!"

Gary Bettman, "Yeah, I thought you would say that, Bill..."

Yeah dissapoints fans of the team that got pulled up. Sorry mate the line is there for a reason, it is the rule dont pass it. How can you say it doesnt affect the play? If the calls made as soon as it happens there would have been a faceoff where any number of possible out comes that differ to what happened may have eventuated. Video calls are in so after the game people cant say that goal happened because blah blah blah. You dont like video calls go watch a local league where there isnt so much money invested into it. There has been a number of goals disallowed this playoff series due to a video call. What if all of them were allowed people would still be having a whinge. Theres always going to be error to some extent. The games always changing and these things will happen. In any case i guess we will have to agree to disagree here as we both arent changing our minds. All i know is like it or loath it pens up 2-0 and despite that preds should bounce back. In the next couple at least.

Yeah dissapoints fans of the team that got pulled up. Sorry mate the line is there for a reason, it is the rule dont pass it. How can you say it doesnt affect the play? If the calls made as soon as it happens there would have been a faceoff where any number of possible out comes that differ to what happened may have eventuated. Video calls are in so after the game people cant say that goal happened because blah blah blah. You dont like video calls go watch a local league where there isnt so much money invested into it. There has been a number of goals disallowed this playoff series due to a video call. What if all of them were allowed people would still be having a whinge. Theres always going to be error to some extent. The games always changing and these things will happen. In any case i guess we will have to agree to disagree here as we both arent changing our minds. All i know is like it or loath it pens up 2-0 and despite that preds should bounce back. In the next couple at least.
Don't worry, he's the only person in the world who knows Hockey and if you don't agree with him then you're treated with disdain.

Yeah dissapoints fans of the team that got pulled up. Sorry mate the line is there for a reason, it is the rule dont pass it. How can you say it doesnt affect the play?

Disappoints the neutral fan as well.
No one ever said the league needs to inspect millimetre decisions on offsides to improve the sport. It's not needed.

How did the action of Forsberg's skate perhaps being a fraction of an inch of the ice, unseen by the linesman and all the players, cause the Penguins to give up the goal or how did it benefit the Predators scoring?

These reviews resulting in goals being denied add nothing but unneeded debate to the game. Should be scrapped.

Disappoints the neutral fan as well.
No one ever said the league needs to inspect millimetre decisions on offsides to improve the sport. It's not needed.

How did the action of Forsberg's skate perhaps being a fraction of an inch of the ice, unseen by the linesman and all the players, cause the Penguins to give up the goal or how did it benefit the Predators scoring?

These reviews resulting in goals being denied add nothing but unneeded debate to the game. Should be scrapped.

He does have a point. The milimetres offside, if it was called correctly, would have resulted in a face off and no goal.

He does have a point. The milimetres offside, if it was called correctly, would have resulted in a face off and no goal.

Going on that answer to the question, a team should be able to review all onside decisions, their own or their opponent's, in a sequence of play that ends in a concession of a goal because if the "correct call" was made there would have been a face off and no goal.

I think given its 3 days later and still, no footage on the planet has displayed his foot being in the air vs being on the ice conclusively...to me that shows how bad the decision was to overturn.

His entire foot was behind the line well after the puck entered the zone, the point of whether or not the skate blade was either touching the ice or not, still being unknown now, obviously shows how ridiculous the overturn was.

Make no mistake either that was a game changing reversal. Nashville was owning pittsburgh before that goal. That reversal changed the momentum significantly. And given it ended in a 1 goal game (excluding the empty better which wouldn't happen) that goal reversal might be the difference between the 2-0 lead pittsburgh has and the series being tied 1-1.

Terrible decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brades and makrus have both agreed the call was wrong here - but you're still going on about how good the technology is and how important it is to get the call right

Let's remove the coaches challenge then and review everything? I mean we need to get the right call...

Why not review missed calls at every whistle, not just the goals! Let's call some retroactive slashes and those borderline too many men penalties - it's important to get everything right after all

The Forsberg offside should never have been overturned - end of

Pens didn't take too kindly to getting a touch up. Quite a few early showers after players lost the plot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back