Player Watch Pick #7 (2012) - Ollie Wines

Remove this Banner Ad

hopefully this buzz means they're planning for the move in 12 months time, maybe preliminary discussions this off-season in preparation for next. trading ollie when he's worth something would be far better than watching him regress and having fans turn on him which is tremendously sad and gets ugly quick.

The thought of Ollie being traded makes me sick unless it is for something significant. The only other player in recent memory of equal 'fall from grace' feeling is Chad, and we received Burton, Picks 15 (Duurs), and 35 for this trade.

If all we are getting is someone who played 10 games in defence, and a second-rounder.......nah good, thanks.

Ollie had a poor year, and to be fair has had two below par years. His form in the finals after three good weeks leading in, was surprisingly down.

Unless there is a longterm injury problem that won't be remedied, I expect him to have a really good preseason and be back to better form next year, with a better understanding of his role to complement Rozee, Butters and JHF.

Ollie had a poor year, and to be fair has had two below par years. His form in the finals after three good weeks leading in, was surprisingly down.

Unless there is a longterm injury problem that won't be remedied, I expect him to have a really good preseason and be back to better form next year, with a better understanding of his role to complement Rozee, Butters and JHF.

Injury impacted too. We've been here before with Ollie. Was poor in 2019 after the pre season shoulder and literally missed selection at the start of 2020 before coming back strong that year and following up with his best year in 2021.

He's not a player who plays well injured or underdone so he needs a full pre season and then I'd expect a much better showing next year.

No excuses for Ollie to have a shit 2024. If he has a 3rd consecutive sub-par year, then the expectations on the guy need to be adjusted to what he's delivering. Doesn't matter if the reason is an interrupted pre-season, that just shows his body isn't reliable enough to hold up.

I'm expecting a big 2024 from him though... then consider cashing in on his increased value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with pissing Wines off is the massive load Ken will put onto the three.

maybe the COVID vaccine brain fog side effects but I had genuine trouble understanding this post, um, cleanly

Everyone is tradeable depending on price.

If we let Wines go for less than a top ten then we’ve been robbed.

There’s no way if we were trading for him from a Vic club we’d have to pay less than a first and change.

Are they linked???
Kenny average
Ollie average
I think so Kenny average effects the whole playing group.
PAFC is a very average club, piss of hinkley piss of koch!

Not sure the new captain will be traded going by the membership email i just got....

View attachment 1821858

ollie reminds me of that old 'hope' obama meme, but this time, without the hope... also without obama... so it's just a meme.......

Not fussed if he leaves. Was invisible all year and suckles from the Ken Hinkley Kool-Aid teat.
Well Essendon is reportedly making a play for Wines (like they've done pretty much every year since he was drafted). Might not be your problem for long IF he finally agrees which is doubtful. It's interesting to see how he goes if he's played in position. Could be cooked, but it's more likely that he hasn't adjusted to the role.
Everyone is tradeable depending on price.

If we let Wines go for less than a top ten then we’ve been robbed.

There’s no way if we were trading for him from a Vic club we’d have to pay less than a first and change.
If we obtain pick 13, then that's an option as pick 8 will likely be used to trade up.

I wouldn't lose sleep if we traded him, but I suspect if he has a full pre-season he may get back to a heavier load in the middle considering how Rozee, Butters, Drew etc. were brushed off like little boys in the finals.

If he's played out of position again it's truly pointless.

Well Essendon is reportedly making a play for Wines (like they've done pretty much every year since he was drafted). Might not be your problem for long IF he finally agrees which is doubtful. It's interesting to see how he goes if he's played in position. Could be cooked, but it's more likely that he hasn't adjusted to the role.

If we obtain pick 13, then that's an option as pick 8 will likely be used to trade up.

If St Kilda give Essendon 13 for Shiel they should be wound up.

I wouldn't lose sleep if we traded him, but I suspect if he has a full pre-season he may get back to a heavier load in the middle considering how Rozee, Butters, Drew etc. were brushed off like little boys in the finals.

If he's played out of position again it's truly pointless.

When ya get to a certain age in your career Kenny decides you have to play out of position and completely destroy a couple of seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back