Player Watch Pick #33 (2016) - Willem Drew

Remove this Banner Ad

We know that Drew can shut down an opponent to help win us a game but I wanted to give a shout out to his kicking into the F50.

He seems to really weight the kicks well and just places them beautifully for the forwards to lead into.

I would have liked to have said I noticed it myself but another poster during the game thread or review mentioned it.

We know that Drew can shut down an opponent to help win us a game but I wanted to give a shout out to his kicking into the F50.

He seems to really weight the kicks well and just places them beautifully for the forwards to lead into.

I would have liked to have said I noticed it myself but another poster during the game thread or review mentioned it.
In the next three weeks we may get to see Drew vs Walsh, Drew vs Daicos and Drew vs Dawson, assuming we go all out to win each game and not keep anything back as a mystery before finals. Each match-up will be fascinating, as unlike Rowell they are inside and outside players and very good on the spread - Daicos especially.

Terrific year. I remember when we all wondered if he would come back from his foot injury in his early years and stay on the list.

Has done that and thrived as a tough hard nosed blue collar midfielder with some unique qualities.

Well done Willem Drew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Koroit carrot top had another good year improving on his efforts last year. Yes carrots are one of Koroit's main ag products.

Last year he finished 13th in the B&F, polled 57 votes which was 43.2% of Rozee's winning total of 132 votes. This year he finished 4th with 115 which was 60.5% of Butters' winning score of 190.

Would not be surprised if he was made captain one day.

Last edited:
The Koroit carrot top had another good year improving on his efforts last year. Yes carrots are one of Koroit's man ag products.

Last year he finished 13th in the B&F, polled 57 votes which was 43.2% of Rozee's winning total of 132 votes. This year he finished 4th with 115 which was 60.5% of Butters' winning score of 190.

Would not be surprised if he was made captain one day.
Most underrated outside our four walls, sits along side Smith and Wilson, those great team mates lacking the outside accolades!

Love Willem and happy for the long term deal......but........I really wish they would stop talking smack.

"exciting young list, really connected playing and coaching group"

2020 - lost PF by 6pts
2021 - walloped in PF by heaps
2022 - 11th
2023 - embarrassing straight sets exit with QF walloping and home SF loss

"I have no doubt our club is tracking in the right direction....."

Well done to Willem - most honest player in the league. This said, do you give 5 years to a mid fielder who is currently your 4th inline?
Everyday of the week.

Our midfield is locked and loaded for the next decade and we can focus all our energy elsewhere. Especially forwards

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well done to Willem - most honest player in the league. This said, do you give 5 years to a mid fielder who is currently your 4th inline?
Yes I think a long term contract for Drew is the right decision. IMO we need to keep experienced midfielders for as long as they’re able to perform.
It helps the younger players coming though.

Yes I think a long term contract for Drew is the right decision. IMO we need to keep experienced midfielders for as long as they’re able to perform.
It helps the younger players coming though.

I guess it depends on the terms of the contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back