Player Watch Pick #33 (2016) - Willem Drew

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy. I'll admit he wasn't in my first 22 at the start of this year.

Seth Meyers Idiot GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

But wow has he proved himself an integral part of this team.

A good old fashioned hard nosed blue collar player that was the backbone of so many Port teams in the past.

Turns up every week, does the job he's given, let's the jets get the accolades and provides the glue that holds it together.

Well done Willem Who, Willem Drew.

A good old fashioned hard nosed blue collar player that was the backbone of so many Port teams in the past.

Turns up every week, does the job he's given, let's the jets get the accolades and provides the glue that holds it together.

This is my argument with Mcentee also. We need servicemen plus the superstars. If the team was full of superstars it doesn’t work.

yep, very much under the radar from those outside of the club

I dare say he'll overtake some of the older/ established guys this year if he hasn't already

Always seems to be right where he needs to be. His physique has changed a lot since his first games. Somehow seems taller.

He’s the player we always hoped Andrew Moore would be.

Willems a very good one - there is a bit of genius in close and he is only getting better. When you have relegated Ollie Wines to the 5th banana in the centre square you know you are going okay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His aerial work last night was an unexpected pleasure. If he adds that… whew. Very important player. I think we should nickname him Drew 182, as he does all the small things 🥴
What's your age again..

Drew is a beast the kind that doesn't get any accolades but deserves the world..

Absolute integural part of our team

He's the (on-field) Draymond Green of this team - frequently doing all the 1%ers to accentuate the gifts of Curry and Klay (and previously KD). Drew does the same for Rozee and Butters.

Doesn't need to be relied upon either to consistently get 20+ disposals each week because the midfield depth is there and the top end talent is good enough to offset Drew's lack of possessions. Having a very good season.

My lad used to say he can't kick and he's too slow, I told him to give him time, his hands footy smarts are 1st class.

You would reckon Josh Carr has had a significant influence on Drew's game.

There are many times when Drew is a negating weapon and can get a fair few different jobs over the course of a game.
It is usually midfield but he can go down back and regulate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back