Player Watch Pick #16 (2016) - Todd Marshall

Remove this Banner Ad

Could possibly play as a high HFF, floating around and distributing inside 50 but he's never going to be a key target.
Either way he can't play AFL on current form

Not sure whats up with him

Well, that makes one of us.

Weak insipid traffic cone.

Even a stationary cone may find itself in front once out of 50 times!

He is a weak little man and if he was coached by peak Clarkson he would still be a weak little man.

Non competitive and that’s unforgivable.

There is literally nothing about his game that is redeemable. It is all very bad. He is just a very, very bad footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I have been extremely disappointed with Todd's year so far, on Thursday, as with other games this year, I couldn't help thinking that Todd would be doing better if we had any other tall forward in instead of Dixon. The fact that Dixon isn't running well means that he's not keeping his player from getting to contests properly and as soon as they see it's not being kicked to Dixon they get across and help to spoil Todd in marking contests or provide an extra when it goes to ground. Todd is down on form but this doesn't help matters when he looks like he's accounted for his own player only to have Dixon's then come in.

I know Todd is out of form at the moment but I've got to see what he looks like in a functioning forward line to put a line through him.

I've seen him play good footy.

I think that goes for all of the players. I just can't put a line through them until I see them coached with a good gameplan, even Jed, actually no.

I know Todd is out of form at the moment but I've got to see what he looks like in a functioning forward line to put a line through him.

I've seen him play good footy.

I think that goes for all of the players. I just can't put a line through them until I see them coached with a good gameplan, even Jed, actually no.
No one’s putting a line through him - we can’t afford to - he’s on a 5 year contract.

Todd’s obviously injured. Hip surgery over the summer which kept him out of all those open days and intra club trial game’s preseason. He’s been walking with a limp by the fourth quarter of our last few games and he can’t follow through with his kick. Sadly his injury will need a lot of time for recovery and someone needs to make a hard decision.

Todd’s obviously injured. Hip surgery over the summer which kept him out of all those open days and intra club trial game’s preseason. He’s been walking with a limp by the fourth quarter of our last few games and he can’t follow through with his kick. Sadly his injury will need a lot of time for recovery and someone needs to make a hard decision.

Take him out to the farm

That old Hinkley chestnut, playing an injured player.

playing at forward and being allergic to contest is big no . Trade him for 1st round pick and give some one a chance who wants to give 100%

As much as I dislike weak efforts by any Port footballer at any level of competition I'm still prepared to cut Marshall some slack.

As has been suggested by many during numerous match threads the forward 50 entries are a dog's breakfast aimed at the so called strength of one individual, and I will add to that it has also left the other talls in Marshall and Georgiades as no more than bit part players left with the scraps.

If we get a forward coach who can utilise the strengths of all 3 on an as required basis, and Marshall still struggles to have an impact by all means give him the lemonade and sars, but let's not throw out the baby with the bath water until we get a decent forward coach who could actually kick a goal themselves.

who is the best footy/forward line mentor he's ever had in his entire life? chad cornes? we should trade him somewhere he'll learn something

Remove this Banner Ad

Back