Photo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who do you think you are, max dupain?

images

who do you think you are, max dupain?

images

That is an inspirational and iconic Australian photograph ....

I just take a camera with me wherever I go and make snapshots L9994726.jpg which become a diary entry of time and place.

Last edited:
No worries Harker - as soon as something is put up it belongs to the audience ...your crop is an interesting one -but like your outstanding photograph above - I think context can be important.

Given the young ladies arm seems to be floating, just adds to what was already a strong narrative in the image.....and I can't help asking; What exactly has taken her attention? Yeah, I really like that shot. Wish I had have taken it though. :)

By the way, you represent beautiful and consistent tones in your images. I like them a lot.

Given the young ladies arm seems to be floating, just adds to what was already a strong narrative in the image.....and I can't help asking; What exactly has taken her attention? Yeah, I really like that shot. Wish I had have taken it though. :)

By the way, you represent beautiful and consistent tones in your images. I like them a lot.

Very nice of you to say so Harks - you've got a great eye for light/luminance - shot above is nicely lit and what a fascinating scene/set.the stuff you have posted so far is quite evocative.

I'm in a B&W shooting phase atm - regret selling my original Leica M monochrom all this futzing around with different colour sliders to get a decent B&W can be a pain...

L1010570.jpg

Not sure if this thread is about our own photography, or photos in general....either way, I just thought I'd add to the thread.

This is one of many from Shelby Lee Adams, taken of families in the Appalachian mountains....many of the photos captured are fairly confronting, others quite disturbing, but brilliantly capture a lifestyle that most of us could only imagine. It ended up in a documentary entitled 'The True Meaning of Pictures'.

If you do a google search, it'll come up with his photos all in black and white....well worth a look.

1581596342353.png

Not sure if this thread is about our own photography, or photos in general....either way, I just thought I'd add to the thread.

This is one of many from Shelby Lee Adams, taken of families in the Appalachian mountains....many of the photos captured are fairly confronting, others quite disturbing, but brilliantly capture a lifestyle that most of us could only imagine. It ended up in a documentary entitled 'The True Meaning of Pictures'.

If you do a google search, it'll come up with his photos all in black and white....well worth a look.

View attachment 822492

Saw this and thought - You have a possible prize winner on your hands......but it's not yours.
The NPPP loves this these types of shots and this one is a little edgier than some of the ones that have won there beofre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back