Opinion Petition for a new logo?

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely it’ll be harder to make it worse. Right?
Season 2 GIF by The Simpsons

My 6yo daughter is starting to really get in to footy, we are going to the AFLW game here in Perth when the girls come over to play WC. I went in to the AFL store to buy something for her to wear, everything was covered in that god awful raptor head, I walked back out. The sooner we change it the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you any inside word or just going by cryptic social media comment that really could mean years away.

For a CEO to say, 'watch this space' I take that to mean it's coming sooner than we think.

'Watch this space' for something literally years away seems a bit rough.

I actually think they would have liked to have released it with the new home, but the delays there mean they are bringing it forward.

For a CEO to say, 'watch this space' I take that to mean it's coming sooner than we think.

'Watch this space' for something literally years away seems a bit rough.

I actually think they would have liked to have released it with the new home, but the delays there mean they are bringing it forward.
It might not mean next year, but it surely means it's in the pipeline.

The thread was full of the usual facebook nuffies and he wasn't answering every question. He could've easily scrolled past but chose that as one of the ones to stop and answer. That's a pretty good indicator.

As good as it would've been to launch with the new base, that makes it hard. You pretty much need it announced and out there before the base is built considering it's going to be emblazoned on everything there.

If it's underway, they should be doing (or have done) stakeholder research and bringing together a 'brand' sub-committee that would involve representation from various supporter groups to help inform the process. Keep an ear out for this type of thing to get a gauge on how far down the track they are.

Strategically, a rebrand launching just prior to the move to your new club rooms is the best tactic. The second best tactic is at the beginning of a season you anticipate a finals appearance. That brings 2024 into the equation.

If they've already started, then it's feasible that it could be done before the start of next season but perhaps not in time to impact on merchandise or guernseys etc. Some of these things have massive lead times for production.

My hunch would be Jan/Feb 2025 is when they'd launch it.

I do hope it's done well. Both our clubs suffer from poor branding due to heavy handed administrators calling the shots. Hopefully you've got a smart operator in Silvers who knows how to manage a process like this to get a good outcome.

If it's underway, they should be doing (or have done) stakeholder research and bringing together a 'brand' sub-committee that would involve representation from various supporter groups to help inform the process. Keep an ear out for this type of thing to get a gauge on how far down the track they are.

Strategically, a rebrand launching just prior to the move to your new club rooms is the best tactic. The second best tactic is at the beginning of a season you anticipate a finals appearance. That brings 2024 into the equation.

If they've already started, then it's feasible that it could be done before the start of next season but perhaps not in time to impact on merchandise or guernseys etc. Some of these things have massive lead times for production.

I do hope it's done well. Both our clubs suffer from poor branding due to heavy handed administrators calling the shots. Hopefully you've got a smart operator in Silvers who knows how to manage a process like this to get a good outcome.
He would have managed Hawks? Maybe there's hope.
Haven't heard anything about stakeholder research so yeah id presume it won't be that quick.
Happy to be wrong

I've always thought it would be nice to get something SA related in the logo - like an outline of the state. I've had a mess around with the CFS logo, but I have no photoshop skills so can't get very far. Obviously it needs a crow graphic.. but just a thought.

an early mockup of 'Adelaide Lakers' which the South Australian coastline was used as inspiration for the white 'heartbeat' motif

1698365050675.jpeg

an early mockup of 'Adelaide Lakers' which the South Australian coastline was used as inspiration for the white 'heartbeat' motif

View attachment 1840614

That one always looked like more like an M to me than our coastline. Like the old Mitre 10 logo.

actually think they would have liked to have released it with the new home
The problem with doing that is it could be leaked early during the construction of the new HQ if they have big logos on the walls like shown in the master plan. To me it makes sense to unveil it before construction (or during construction, at the latest), they would need to at least have decided on a new one by then anyways but Silvers "watch this space" response makes me think they already have.
Here's a concept I threw together once the Gather Round hype got the best of me.
View attachment 1840703
That goes kinda hard tbh

The problem with doing that is it could be leaked early during the construction of the new HQ if they have big logos on the walls like shown in the master plan. To me it makes sense to unveil it before construction (or during construction, at the latest), they would need to at least have decided on a new one by then anyways but Silvers "watch this space" response makes me think they already have.

That goes kinda hard tbh
Correct

It won't be an unveiling with the new building, with the curtain being opened and there's our new logo. It would need to go through a heap of processes to get to that point and would be the worst kept secret in adelaide.

Best to do it before the start of next season.

Or we could just steal it from some random I guess...

Back