Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe todays Border Mail will stop you dribbling rubbish about our inability to sign a reserves coach as this guy has been on our radar for weeks.

Whoopsie Dooo Fader Boy. I bet he's on the radar of a lot of other folk that he is in debt to as well. Now we know where to find him.

Albury can cover McClay's loss simply because any muppet can feed that midfield. But if Shir goes the wheels will well and truly fall off at the Kennel... goodness forbid they lose a certain ruckman who has also been linked with that Aspley.

What is going on at Wang? Little Juddy Porter seems to have been invisible since he got the job!

And what about this footy bonanza in the BM? Seems kind of late to be organising but it'd be a rippa day and Hume league seems up for it. Any Tallangatta league people here think they'll be up for it?

Albury can cover McClay's loss simply because any muppet can feed that midfield. But if Shir goes the wheels will well and truly fall off at the Kennel... goodness forbid they lose a certain ruckman who has also been linked with that Aspley.

What is going on at Wang? Little Juddy Porter seems to have been invisible since he got the job!

And what about this footy bonanza in the BM? Seems kind of late to be organising but it'd be a rippa day and Hume league seems up for it. Any Tallangatta league people here think they'll be up for it?

The paper says its a "Queens Birthday Clash" and then it provides a date of May 22.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the Queen B'day weekend in June? June 14th this year i believe.

Wegner also says something about making the Queens B'day a general bye.

So is it in May or June, I'm confused!:confused:

The "B Graders" still can't go past anyone with a connection to North Albury. What next, Stan Sargeant to coach the thirds?

Their football manager (Nichol) and coachs ball boy (Nagle) are also former Hoppers. No wonder Lambo feels at home!!!! Then there is also Marty Cross jnr...............and the players. Heard Old Nichols is causing a bit of strife though with his know all approach to long term Raiders folk......

I would think they would also be keen on the idea, especially with the result they had with last years interleague match. Were always keen to play the Hume league as an annual fixture, it was just a matter of getting the first game to happen. I can see the biggest issue going to be how the Hume and Tallangatta Leagues will fair in terms of financial gains, with obviously everyone involved keen on making money for their respective leagues. How will the 'smaller' leagues fair compared with the O+M and GV? From what I can gather with the Tallangatta League, money is always the issue when it comes to these sort of things!!

Heard a story today that Corowa is in a big hole financially and have capped Toss' spending. If this is true then Corowa will drop down the ladder at a rate of knots which would be unfortunate.

Can anyone confirm if they have heard similar?

Also sad to hear the retirement of Taffty. One of the best I have had the pleasure of watching. An absolute GUN!!!!!
Did hear the same thing while on annual holidays there. Where has Carpenter gone ?

north albury set to swoop on cupido after offering him a ridiculous 1500 a game and 5 grand sign on and a job with the tv station win or something like that. it will be the third club he has signed with this pre season.

I dont understand why people talk about money on this forum, 99% of the time it is bullshit people dont go around telling others what there on a game, and north albury dont have that kind of money to be throwing around so obviously that offer isnt true, as for talking to the bloke i couldnt even tell you!

fair enough mate. seen it in writing with my own eyes i wish it wasnt true cause he has signed with my club in the northern comp and with him would be a massive chance to win the flag, but speak to him most days and very confident he will play with them.
spose we will wait and see hey?

Their football manager (Nichol) and coachs ball boy (Nagle) are also former Hoppers. No wonder Lambo feels at home!!!! Then there is also Marty Cross jnr...............and the players. Heard Old Nichols is causing a bit of strife though with his know all approach to long term Raiders folk......
Blah Blah, your name seems appropriate!
From what I understand the entire board and most of the match commitee are made up of Raider people and considering where the Raiders have been over the past 5 years, if the coach wants to have people he knows and trusts whats wrong with that, something had to be done. They beat my team at the LPO last year when we smashed them in the 1st Qt. I think they are doing well. At least they have recruited. How has your team recruited?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to pick don't think Raiders will be in the mix.
Yarra and Albury look to be early favourites. Wodonga would be with their additions but have lost quality players as well.
Will be a very interesting season

Hard to pick don't think Raiders will be in the mix.
Yarra and Albury look to be early favourites. Wodonga would be with their additions but have lost quality players as well.
Will be a very interesting season

Dont think they'll be in the mix either, just think there is a big diffrence between the top 3 and the rest and i think raiders will beat most off the rest

Dont think they'll be in the mix either, just think there is a big diffrence between the top 3 and the rest and i think raiders will beat most off the rest

i reckon with all of wodonga's losses - even though heta and thompson will be quality gains - that they won't be in the same class as albury and yarra ... i'd say it will be a standout top 2 teams and then on any given day the next 7 teams could all beat each other

heard on the grapevine that lavington have signed the full forward they've been chasing for a couple of years ... can anyone from lpo confirm this?

fair enough mate. seen it in writing with my own eyes i wish it wasnt true cause he has signed with my club in the northern comp and with him would be a massive chance to win the flag, but speak to him most days and very confident he will play with them.
spose we will wait and see hey?

You must be a high ranking official at your club to have seen this blokes contract. Perhaps it is your complete lack of professionalism in splashing the alleged details of the contract all over this forum that swayed his decision.

i reckon with all of wodonga's losses - even though heta and thompson will be quality gains - that they won't be in the same class as albury and yarra ... i'd say it will be a standout top 2 teams and then on any given day the next 7 teams could all beat each other

heard on the grapevine that lavington have signed the full forward they've been chasing for a couple of years ... can anyone from lpo confirm this?

News to me!

C'mon you blokes, who is he? How much is he on? You're all bound to know more than anyone else.

nah not at all mate just a player and a good mate of his, i think what swayed it might be the fact that it is double what he signed for at my club, although i must say they seem to be very organised already have a job ready for him to start were as bundoora is still trying to organise one that may have something to do with it too

I think the Lavi bloke you're thinking of is the one that played SAFL reserves for Port Adelaide last year. Used to be on Sydney's rookie list.

think you find that heta is not returning to wodonga this year, apparently all fell through.

Top 5
Yarra - have recruited well and in imo have a slightly better list to last year, although not having Ednie for a fair chunk of the year might hurt. They have a very balanced list with the ruck being bolstered in the off season.
Albury - lost a few, but have blokes returning from injury that will bolster an already dominate midfield. if they lose big Cal that could be an exploitable area. List slightly behind last years but they were a fair way in front.
Lavington - had a pretty ordinary run with injury last year but didn't miss finals by much. May lose Neely but the Hieldberg recruit comes with big wraps. The bushranger players that they have added are quality and if they can add a goal kicker they will be around the mark. List in similar shape to last year but a full year out of K Stevens will be enough to improve their ladder position.
Corowa - have been written off with some of their departures. Carpentar obviously is a huge loss and Taft will be difficult to replace. Two midfield recruits read very well and being ex team mates of Ambrose means he may go around again. Whiterod rumoured to be training with them and his signing would hold them in good stead. List in similar shape to last year, slightly down.
Wodonga - loses easily outweigh their gains to this point and even putting them in 5th might be wishful thinking. Thompson obviously a big gain but the rumoured Hetta deal falling through would be devestaing considering Ohlin has left. List in much worse shape than last year.
Raiders - quality onball recruits, Doolan looking very fit and young Bryant being a year older will see an improved ladder position. The lose of Prior obviously leaves a big hole and their ability to kick a winning score remains to be seen. List in better shape than last year.
Wangarrata - the lose of Hoppy is massive, 40 qaulity posessions each week will be hard to cover and his leadership and the confidence he gives other blokes is something you can't buy. An inexperienced coach, regardless of the opinion they have of him at wang, will not get it right all the time and a slide back down the ladder after a wonderful few years is on the cards. List in significantly worse shape than last year.
Wang Rovers - been very quiet on the recruiting front and its hard to see where the improvements are going to come from. Allen and the Hill boys are getting on and their younger players don't look to have come on as well as they had hoped, but they are very difficult to beat at home and could claim a few scalps there. List in pretty much the same shape as last year.
North Albury - hard to see where any improvement is going to come from with the lose of Horn, Goode and Brain cutting deep. They have been very quiet on the recruiting front and looks like they will stagnate for another year. List in worse shape than last year.
Myrtleford - Coming from a mile behind every other team and without any major recruits it's hard to see how they will stay off the bottom for another year. List will probably be in better shape this year and if they can win a game that would be an achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back